SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Hi im here to not contrubute to SAU

How was everyones festive season! To sum up my holidays, I am now offically PS3 addicted, can no longer drink Glenfiddich (nearly vomited just saying it), Dan now has a very tidy and ordered workshop and the gympie skidpan now has a new water pipe that is not half full of mud so all corners of the pan get wet! And getting i a pool after 8 hours of shovelling and jackhammering is maybe the greatest thing you will ever experience.

Feels like I have actually worked harder this holidays than i ever did at work!

John (Yaface)

Budget on a rebuild with the GTR, Mine was as well looked after as any and it spun a bearing just because it was old and worn out, you might get lucky but the odds are you wont and it would be a shame to break it then not be able to afford to fix it. Other things to look out for are attessa systems that are clogged up and barely work, get Dan to flush it and give it the treatment he gave mine and it will trasform the car, all of a sudden the slow attessa lable that R32 GTRs get lumped with seems a little misguided. Cracked rotors are somthing to look out for as they really hammer the front brakes and the syncro for 3rd gear is often fubar and a sign that it has copped some abuse in a past life. Look for worn upper control arm bushes chances are any one you come across these will be on the way out so budget on getting those fixed. they are also pretty good at getting rust up under the rear guards and also check under the boot carpet as they can leak around the tail lights and fill the spare wheel well with water

As for ownership....they are an awesome car i spent a fortune on my r32 with a 25 and was never happy with it. First drive of the GTR just felt so much better as it had a little more power, better powerband and the ability to put it to the road anytime i wanted. The down side of ownership is complexity, any work you do on it (except changing sparkplugs :P ) will take a lot longer! They also use tonnes more fuel, at 315rwkw is was getting 550km mixed driving from a tank in my GTST...in the GTR it would have been lucky to get 400

consider yourself invited tristan i need some one to help on 2 missions in modern warfare 2 as they wont let you do it single player!

im shit - but sounds good hahaha

while i think of it - you and anna wouldnt have a spare sr bov would you?

hey astroboi, did you get the combine harvester running yet?

sheared the head of a flywheel bolt at around 5:15 last night - so had to wait til today to get a new one

so long story short - no

however the fact that there is a nismo twin plate going in makes it ok to wait a day :P

coolies. So whats the current ETH (Estimated Time to Harvesting)?

tonight we're hopeful to get the motor and box back in

and i <3 ETH :P

just trying to organise a modplate today for the lack of rear seats and ze fixed back

and trying to get the bov off andy :)

Tristan: it is stock, I will go home and dig it out, make sure its ok, then you can come get it anytime

John: It shouldnt cost a lot, the thing that stops it working is a paper filter that breaks down and clogs the line, you guys seem cluey enough so perhaps a few of you could do it, you just have to take apart the whole system, lines, pumps ect get the sludge out then put it all back and bleed the system as per the manual. after you do it you will notice all of a sudden the tourqe split needle is much more active!

John: It shouldnt cost a lot, the thing that stops it working is a paper filter that breaks down and clogs the line, you guys seem cluey enough so perhaps a few of you could do it, you just have to take apart the whole system, lines, pumps ect get the sludge out then put it all back and bleed the system as per the manual. after you do it you will notice all of a sudden the tourqe split needle is much more active!

Cool, thanks for the info!

does the filter need to be replaced? if so, is there anywhere to buy them from?

It may still be a Dan job though I'm thinking... that seems like a lot of poking around in a system I'm not familiar with...

Never done this before but um.... FIRST...

Scrapage and I think it's fkd up and out of alignment completly....

On another note, this question goes out to colin mcranga and anybody in general I guess but besides the obvious are there any known common faults on 32 gtr's and ownership of one. I'm talkin about only a lightly modified one here... (obvious problems being the engine ready to fkn die on me and a fkd gearbox/clutch)

Huh? 32? What happen to the 34?