SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

so sick of false promises :down:

Why does work pickup so much in the morning... Kingsford smith drive near the gateway is FLOODED and one lane closed. Yay peak hour.

in other news - Franga33 has this avatar and it made me lol:

22068131m.gif

WIN!

You know it. Fun fun fun.

Crisis averted. Brisbane didn't flood :down:

Just bits of it did.

needs moar floods

so sick of false promises :D

Thats what she said

nah money is a bit tight at the mo... have to wait until tax time

Yeah bring on tax time. Can't wait to get some money back this time instead of an epic bill :)

P.S. Morning mangs

yeah boi

thanks :) just let me know whenever is good for you. I need to take it from Stafford to Aspley. I have ratchet straps if needed

annnnnnnd - opinions on this? Would it be a good enough temporary solution/trouble shooter to make sure I'm holding boost ok? I really don't want to pay much for one because I just want it for a couple of comparisons. So basically... I don't need it to live very long, just need it to be somewhat accurate.

thanks :ninja: just let me know whenever is good for you. I need to take it from Stafford to Aspley. I have ratchet straps if needed

This arvo? Tomorrow arvo? Saturday?

annnnnnnd - opinions on this? Would it be a good enough temporary solution/trouble shooter to make sure I'm holding boost ok? I really don't want to pay much for one because I just want it for a couple of comparisons. So basically... I don't need it to live very long, just need it to be somewhat accurate.

I has a mechanical boost guage in the ute if you want to borrow it for a bit. I need it back to put on the mower at some stage but :)

This arvo? Tomorrow arvo? Saturday?

I has a mechanical boost guage in the ute if you want to borrow it for a bit. I need it back to put on the mower at some stage but :)

This afternoon works fine for me. What time are you thinking?

Would take you up on the offer if I knew how long I was going to be tooling around with it, don't want to wind up taking it out of the ute then not using it for 5 months and giving it back and needing it 2 months later lol. I want to get one so I can install it and test my boost for now. But down the track when I get my front mount I want to get the boost wound up a bit too, and just want it in there to check it holds boost alright after driving it around a bit. Also want to see what happens after I let Dan turn my blow off valve into a flutter valve, and (before Dan plays with it) compare it with my other blow off valve(Thanks again Ravi!!) to see if one builds boost faster... it seems to.

This afternoon works fine for me. What time are you thinking?

I should be home sometime around 4-4:30 ish. Assuming my housemate hasn't crimmed the XF, any time after that.

Would take you up on the offer if I knew how long I was going to be tooling around with it, don't want to wind up taking it out of the ute then not using it for 5 months and giving it back and needing it 2 months later lol. I want to get one so I can install it and test my boost for now. But down the track when I get my front mount I want to get the boost wound up a bit too, and just want it in there to check it holds boost alright after driving it around a bit. Also want to see what happens after I let Dan turn my blow off valve into a flutter valve, and (before Dan plays with it) compare it with my other blow off valve(Thanks again Ravi!!) to see if one builds boost faster... it seems to.

Furry Muff.

In that case, I'm sure that one you posted will be fine. It looks to be similar to the saber/autogauge ones, so Tas will give you sh*t because they aren't defi, but Tas is a brand wh*re. They should be reasonably accurate and will do the job.

Also want to see what happens after I let Dan turn my blow off valve into a flutter valve, and (before Dan plays with it) compare it with my other blow off valve(Thanks again Ravi!!) to see if one builds boost faster... it seems to.

As I said when you were here, just blank the f**ker off. If it f**ks your turbo, then you've got an excuse to upgrade :)

I've got a custom blanking plate made from quality billet steel with a high-temp ceramic coating you can use for a bit if you want. See the pics. Had it on mine for a while but got over it hahaha.

:ninja:

post-58284-1267571036_thumb.jpg

post-58284-1267571064_thumb.jpg

post-58284-1267571102_thumb.jpg

I should be home sometime around 4-4:30 ish. Assuming my housemate hasn't crimmed the XF, any time after that.

Furry Muff.

In that case, I'm sure that one you posted will be fine. It looks to be similar to the saber/autogauge ones, so Tas will give you sh*t because they aren't defi, but Tas is a brand wh*re. They should be reasonably accurate and will do the job.

Well, just gimme a call or whatever and let me know the plan of attack :cool:

I don't like the Defi ones anyway. I think they're ricer and are made with 7% synthetics and 93% gay. So he can give me shit about NOT putting rice on my car, I don't mind :)

As I said when you were here, just blank the f**ker off. If it f**ks your turbo, then you've got an excuse to upgrade :wave:

And as I said. That's all well and good if you can afford to buy a new turbo when it shits itself :ninja: (plus I haven't the faintest idea how to change the thing, so I'd have to pay for that too)

Yeah true, I can't say I have money to do it either. But putting a direct replacement on looks pretty easy, I've seen all the tutorials and a friend has explained it for me and yeah, pretty easy.

But flutters = epic. Nuff said.

Having said that, best option is to not f**k the original one anyway hahahahaha you're right.

Well, just gimme a call or whatever and let me know the plan of attack :wave:

righteo

I don't like the Defi ones anyway. I think they're ricer and are made with 7% synthetics and 93% gay. So he can give me shit about NOT putting rice on my car, I don't mind :)

<3

And as I said. That's all well and good if you can afford to buy a new turbo when it shits itself :cool: (plus I haven't the faintest idea how to change the thing, so I'd have to pay for that too)

It won't wreck your turbo.

Changing turbos is easy

But flutters = epic. Nuff said.

<3

Having said that, best option is to not f**k the original one anyway hahahahaha you're right.

:ninja: