SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

name='Isola' date='28 Mar 2010, 02:22 AM' post='5153241']

there's no keener kind of keen!!

If only there was... it will always be the dream.

Same thing ? :O

For Tristan:

How to properly repair rust, something which whoever did the dodgy-ass job on your 180 should take note of (Note: not the job Dave did last weekend, that shit is legit. I am talking about whoever did the original abortion). Bought to you by Garage 31.

Step 1: Actually remove all the rust.

Step 2: Apply paint. For best results, this should be the same colour as the original paint and done by someone who knows what they are doing. But at the very least paint it with something, to prevent MORE rust.

Step 3: Profit.

Result:

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Big thanks to Dan for coming and doing the major bits of painting last night!

After lunch, all the panels will be going back on. Then its a trip to the paint shop tomorrow to try and sort out the dodgy ones...

Edited by Smity42

For Tristan:

How to properly repair rust, something which whoever did the dodgy-ass job on your 180 should take note of

agreed - grinding back, and exposing the rust - and not treating it at all is a piss weak effort, much can be said about such questionable workmanship

however,

another thought for rust (not removal, but maybe containing?) is when u have a small amount of rust from where the paint cracked when u rolled your guards - simply cover it with some clear nail polish - and it will contain it, until u are ready to remove it and fix it correctly (usually done when car is re-sprayed)

i am going to do this once it stops raining and it is dry ;)

the job you've done in the pics looks quality mang!

ps, also ordered some epic headlights - hopefully ill actaully be able to see more than 10metres in front of me hahahha

YOU'RE a dodgy one....

That's what she said

however,

another thought for rust (not removal, but maybe containing?) is when u have a small amount of rust from where the paint cracked when u rolled your guards - simply cover it with some clear nail polish - and it will contain it, until u are ready to remove it and fix it correctly (usually done when car is re-sprayed)

Yep, I've been busy fixing all the rust from guard rolling too. I sand the rust off, and then hit it with touch up paint.

But good call on the nail polish, that should stop it rusting at all if you apply it as soon as the paint starts to crack.

im going to dodge the f**k out of you

That's what she said

Speaking of pics. Here is what Dan aka The Legend - did for me today:

Right:

26917_421703639941_708734941_5294751_4022758_n.jpg

Left:

26917_421703649941_708734941_5294752_1857811_n.jpg

Front:

26917_421703664941_708734941_5294754_2163527_n.jpg

Rear:

26917_421703659941_708734941_5294753_6442788_n.jpg

And not only that. He also got my A/C working!!!! ;)

I drove home with the windows up!!

Thanks heaps Dan! Awesome work :blush: