SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

@John get ur guards rolled first and lower it more before alignment. Lowering it will affect the alignment slightly.

Or be like me and get one today, one after you change the tie rod end, and another after you lower it :)

@John get ur guards rolled first and lower it more before alignment. Lowering it will affect the alignment slightly.

This one is free - so I'll let him know about the rolling and droppinng situation and see if he can cut me a good price for a tweak down the track if it needs it :)

Had budgeted for paying for one, so don't mind if I have to pay for one of the two :dry:

This one is free - so I'll let him know about the rolling and droppinng situation and see if he can cut me a good price for a tweak down the track if it needs it :)

Had budgeted for paying for one, so don't mind if I have to pay for one of the two :)

Win.

you need to get that monkey off your back boy :dry:

Must... get... another... wheel... alignment...

yay for roy! hes a mad dog!

just organised to get a tie rod end wednesday woop woop

Win.

I am a little hurt nobody from the pintara brigade rose to my r31 club comment

I had my special edition keyboard warrior... keyboard at the ready, with links at my fingertips for r31's in various states of disrepair....

I am a little hurt nobody from the pintara brigade rose to my r31 club comment

I had my special edition keyboard warrior... keyboard at the ready, with links at my fingertips for r31's in various states of disrepair....

I am a little hurt you didn't come to the german club on saturday.

Theres 3 of us with R31s on here:

Colin's isn't on the road yet

Dan's IS full of rust

Mine is off the road almost as much as it is on it

We are hardly going to arc up about a harmless tetanus shot comment :)

copy pasta

883239_pm.jpg

Just got back from the paint shop. Spoke to the owner dude (he is the one I was recommended to go to and who I delt with). It seems he didn't do the painting himself, and outsourced it to one of his plebs. Showed him the fails, and he was suitably unimpressed (for the most part):

Filler panel: Agreed to fix it up.

Black strip on front bar: Didn't think that had even been painted. I pointed out it must have been since it used to be gloss black. Argument accepted, said he didn't realise the painter had painted that bit. Agreed to repaint it the right colour. Also agreeed to fix up the cracks/dents/scratches first.

Vents - said they didn't fit properly, and that was the best he could do. Agreed to try to fix them up but didn't think they would come out any better.

Funny white stripe at the end - said they didn't paint that bit, it must have already been like that. Can't really argue; I'm not certain it wasn't.

He wasn't willing to repaint the entire grey section of the bumper, said I would have to pay the difference between what they originally did (repair of the corner and blend paint) and the cost of the full spray. Since he won't guarantee the fitting of the vents, and since I'm not keen to hand over any more money to him, I decided to pass on that.

So, I've got to leave the car with him tomorrow, and he's going to fix up all those things.

For the bumper, I'll probably have to refit the vents myself (or get someone competent to do it) and then I'll get the grey section repainted by someone else...

Not a perfect outcome, but about as good as I hoped for