SAU Community

R35 Service Costs

dazmo

I havent quite read all of this thread yet and don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but on topic due to high servicing costs.

This week I was at Nissan Moorooka (Queensland) and had a sticky around the "GTR Service Centre!" I guess they have to make back the money on that fit out somehow!!!!

Michael

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Here at Willall Racing we just fitted a nice track upgrade package that we do for those interested in keeping the performance up and the temperatures under control during a circuit session :(

raceservice1.jpg

We fitted -

WR35TM Transmission Fluid

WR35DF Differential Fluid

WR35MP Performance Midpipe Assy

WR35TC GR6 Transmission Intercooler Assy (full kit)

Heres a nice shot from under the car showing some of the parts involved :banana:

raceservice2.jpg

Has anyone priced up aftermarket pads/rotors etc yet?

My initial enquiries are around $5.5K for Alcon Rotors with Endless pads all round. Better than the $10K stock set-up but I'm used to paying $50ea for my R34 rotors so its still quite a shock to me to this stage! LOL

Has anyone priced up aftermarket pads/rotors etc yet?

My initial enquiries are around $5.5K for Alcon Rotors with Endless pads all round. Better than the $10K stock set-up but I'm used to paying $50ea for my R34 rotors so its still quite a shock to me to this stage! LOL

I've seen the AP replacement rotors for around $850AU each - pads, it's really variable depending on what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it could be wild, just as well we are driving the car not the price.

When asked:

"how much is a GTR" I respond, the car is cheap

"do they chew the juice" The fuel is free, running it is the only sizable expense.

Here at Willall Racing we just fitted a nice track upgrade package that we do for those interested in keeping the performance up and the temperatures under control during a circuit session :thumbsup:

We fitted -

WR35TM Transmission Fluid

WR35DF Differential Fluid

WR35MP Performance Midpipe Assy

WR35TC GR6 Transmission Intercooler Assy (full kit)

Heres a nice shot from under the car showing some of the parts involved :)

Martin, Just noticed your article in this months wheels, I am looking at placing an order for all the bits and pieces I will need for the 2000km service, can you PM me with what I need, I will be damned if I am paying Nissan this sort of money.

Cheers,

Jeff

OK....I have finally got pricing from my dealership.....

Trans Oil $100 Litre (10 Litres Needed) They get it in a 20 Litre drum and can do 2 cars with that.

Diff Oil $600.00 for the replacement (so that is about $200.00 a litre)

Labour $198.00 per hour for the above work ontop of the prices quoted.

Adjusting the alignment before a track day - 2.5 hours

Bolts for the bottom of the car (Basically they are claiming that all bolts need to be replaced everytime they are removed) $100 a set.

So for a track day where your oil goes over 130 you will be up for about $3,000.00.

That is assuming nothing goes wrong with your brakes.

$3,000 for a service.....you have to be kidding.

I wanted to get my car dealer serviced, but at those prices they can take a flying f*ck through a rolling doughnut.

Martin, your article was right on the money in Wheels.

OK....I have finally got pricing from my dealership.....

Trans Oil $100 Litre (10 Litres Needed) They get it in a 20 Litre drum and can do 2 cars with that.

Diff Oil $600.00 for the replacement (so that is about $200.00 a litre)

Labour $198.00 per hour for the above work ontop of the prices quoted.

Adjusting the alignment before a track day - 2.5 hours

Bolts for the bottom of the car (Basically they are claiming that all bolts need to be replaced everytime they are removed) $100 a set.

So for a track day where your oil goes over 130 you will be up for about $3,000.00.

That is assuming nothing goes wrong with your brakes.

$3,000 for a service.....you have to be kidding.

I wanted to get my car dealer serviced, but at those prices they can take a flying f*ck through a rolling doughnut.

Martin, your article was right on the money in Wheels.

What are these $100 use-once bolts?

FWIW, i had the car up on a hoist at my local tyre place the other day. To get the alignment maxed out/checked. We pulled the underside covers off, and put them all back when done. I think the charge was $70... this stuff doesnt need to be expensive. You certainly should NOT be paying $200/hr for basic service work.

all the fluids and consumables can probably be had much cheaper.

As for the 130* thing, you can easily manage that. I am not saying you will never have to replace tranny fluid, but there has to be a happy medium.

Martin, Just noticed your article in this months wheels, I am looking at placing an order for all the bits and pieces I will need for the 2000km service, can you PM me with what I need, I will be damned if I am paying Nissan this sort of money.

Cheers,

Jeff

i agree with you about Nissan's prices etc but correct me if I'm wrong, there is no 2000km service.

It is a complimentary POS (performance optimisation service).

the first service unless you track the thing is 10,000km or 6 months.

my dealer estimated that to cost around $600-800?? (sorry i cant remember exactly at present) and is basically only an engine oil change and a bunch of inspection/lubrication points.

Have told my nissan dealer about the Willall products and they seem ok with that, as have other buyers at the dealership. won't know for sure what they think until a warranty claim comes in but I would assume there isn't going to be the deluge of warranty claims we all talk of avoiding anyway. I am sure though that no one wants to be the first to open that can of worms.

out of interest, how do the willall prices for tranny and diff oil compare? I understand the differences extend beyond price and to other issues regarding performance.

$3000 a track day... Jesus Christ!

I dont think it will be 3k for an average track day.

The pre track inspection though is a total crock. they bleed line, adjust fluid levels and align shite..... told me I could go off track if my brake lines had air in them!

Hope there is no air in the brake lines next time I go past a school crossing......

Edited by handbrake

What are these $100 use-once bolts?

FWIW, i had the car up on a hoist at my local tyre place the other day. To get the alignment maxed out/checked. We pulled the underside covers off, and put them all back when done. I think the charge was $70... this stuff doesnt need to be expensive. You certainly should NOT be paying $200/hr for basic service work.

all the fluids and consumables can probably be had much cheaper.

As for the 130* thing, you can easily manage that. I am not saying you will never have to replace tranny fluid, but there has to be a happy medium.

So you have to drive it like a pussy? i don't know about you but if i had a supposed "supercar" i'd want to drive hard around a race track.

So you have to drive it like a pussy? i don't know about you but if i had a supposed "supercar" i'd want to drive hard around a race track.

Dunno what you mean. If you are referring to the oil temps, all you have to do is monitor temps from inside the cabin. I can assure you all GTR drivers keep a close eye on them. 3 to 5 hard laps and a couple of cool downs isnt that difficult.

they can take a flying f*ck through a rolling doughnut.

:) Havnt heard that one before, i like it

It is a complimentary POS (performance optimisation service).

I hope Nissan understand there's another significant meaning for "POS"