SAU Community

R35 Service Costs

dazmo

I heard a rumour that the SW Sydney dealer is planning to fcharge $15,000 dealer delivery.

This is not confirmed, but it was from a solid source.

I've ordered my car from them and can assure you they DO NOT charge $15,000 dealer delivery

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's a stealership at it's best right there

to me, didn't look like anything in there that couldn't be done by any reputable workshop. Willal has transmission fluid that doesn't cost that much, plus there are good Castrol/Red Line versions around as well (would this void warranty?)

Mobil 1 can be had for cheap at www.performancelub.com (Melbourne guy with SAU discounts), and those labour costs are rude.

It was just fluid and filter changes, anyone can do that. And you can source cheaper fluids prices as well, if warranty on the transmission is not void if you don't use GTR specific transmission fluid

EDIT: performancelub.com has mobil 1 at $77.94 AUD for 6 quarts of 0w40, not including SAU discount.

Redline 75w90 transmission fluid is $216 AUD (without discount), 8 quarts of that

Redline 75w90 gear oil (diff) for 3 quarts, $81 AUD (without discount).

So doing what they did above, that's $374 AUD worth of fluids, say ~$350 with discount, plus labour and filters. Say the filters are $200, and there's 2 hours worth of work at $75/hr (reputable workshop price), that's $150 labour.

Total = $700 AUD vs $3030 AUD nissan stealership (converted from USD)

And that's a transmission and diff fluid change, you're not going to change that every service.

LOL America's bitching about servicing costs on a super car, they pay less for there Cars and servicing than ANYWHERE else in the entire world.

I bet the Australian service costs will make the Above USA service costs look cheap. Knowing how we bend over hard when paying for our cars.

Very true...... I only posted it for some info.... and knowledge is power.

At the end of the day, Nissan has done well bringing the initial purchase price of a true Supercar into reach of many more people, but it doesn't mean that parts and/or service will be any cheaper than any other supercar.

The difference is Nissan is only having a go at you once, at service time, Lambo/Ferrari/Aston et all have a go at you every step of the way....

The dealers have spent upwards of $100000 to be a GTR dealer, do you really think that a car as capable and as hi tech as the GTR is gunna cost the same to service a Tida ????

How many that have posted on this topic actually have a car on order and know what's involded in maintaining it ??? Very few I would think, how about those that ACTUALLY have cars on order speak with the sales and service guys and see how much of this topic is BULLS%^T.

that's a stealership at it's best right there

to me, didn't look like anything in there that couldn't be done by any reputable workshop. Willal has transmission fluid that doesn't cost that much, plus there are good Castrol/Red Line versions around as well (would this void warranty?)

Mobil 1 can be had for cheap at www.performancelub.com (Melbourne guy with SAU discounts), and those labour costs are rude.

It was just fluid and filter changes, anyone can do that. And you can source cheaper fluids prices as well, if warranty on the transmission is not void if you don't use GTR specific transmission fluid

EDIT: performancelub.com has mobil 1 at $77.94 AUD for 6 quarts of 0w40, not including SAU discount.

Redline 75w90 transmission fluid is $216 AUD (without discount), 8 quarts of that

Redline 75w90 gear oil (diff) for 3 quarts, $81 AUD (without discount).

So doing what they did above, that's $374 AUD worth of fluids, say ~$350 with discount, plus labour and filters. Say the filters are $200, and there's 2 hours worth of work at $75/hr (reputable workshop price), that's $150 labour.

Total = $700 AUD vs $3030 AUD nissan stealership (converted from USD)

And that's a transmission and diff fluid change, you're not going to change that every service.

Yeah if you get it serviced at a normal workshop the service costs shouldn't be too high if you get the fluids yourself like you posted. I'll certainly put that info you posted aside for when my R35 comes due for a service requiring the Tran fluids change etc.

At the end of the day, we're paying $166,000 - $170,000 for a super car we can't be too worried about a $2000+ service at 30,000 km like in that blog. Compared to the cost of the car its really not that out of whack. And to maintain AU warranty on a super car certainly well worth it.

A word of advice. Be careful of what you pour in the GR6. The clutches are sensitive, and a conventional gear oil can in many instances delaminate the bonding on the friction plates in a matter of minutes/hours. Those touting Redline as a GR6 transmission fluid alternative have never actually poured it into a GR6 and when they do could potentially run into big trouble, real fast. We know this from testing everything we make in a real R35 GTR, rather than looking at a few spec sheets on the net. GR6 clutches are not a cheap fix thats for sure. so protect them like your children :ph34r:

Edited by Martin Donnon

by "we know this from testing...", who is we exactly?

that's why i mentioned the Willal transmission and diff fluid. i'll try and dig up some prices.

Is there any reason why top of the line (real) synthetics fluids won't cope? Be it Redline, Royal Purple (racing series), Amsoil, Willal, etc?

Willall Racing WR35TM Transmission Oil Released (cheaper than nissan)

http://www.gtrblog.com/2008/11/12/willall-...smission-oil-r/

Willall Racing Release WR35DF Differential Fluid (practically same price)

http://www.gtrblog.com/2008/12/26/willall-...5df-differenti/

Those are USD comparisons, could be a completely different ball game compared to AUD

standard transmission fluid (that's bit of your gears there)

gr6filt2-520-540x202.jpg

Willal transmission fluid

wr35tmfilt2-520-540x202.jpg

and for the clutch fans...

SouthSide Performance Upgrades for Nissan GT-R Clutch Packs

http://www.gtrblog.com/2009/03/29/southsid...r-clutch-packs/

ssp-clutches-101-540x405.jpg

by "we know this from testing...", who is we exactly?

that's why i mentioned the Willal transmission and diff fluid. i'll try and dig up some prices.

I suspect Martin knows the oil intimately!

hahahaha, i was thinking... well, as far as i know, Willal's the only people who have done any extensive testing, and supposedly found some flaws with the OEM fluid.

looks like i'm preaching to the converted, hahah :ph34r:

but yeah, i thought would be helpful info to the would-be GTR owners.

Willal oil prices incl worldwide shipping too :D

The dealers have spent upwards of $100000 to be a GTR dealer, do you really think that a car as capable and as hi tech as the GTR is gunna cost the same to service a Tida ????

How many that have posted on this topic actually have a car on order and know what's involded in maintaining it ??? Very few I would think, how about those that ACTUALLY have cars on order speak with the sales and service guys and see how much of this topic is BULLS%^T.

I have an R35 on order. It should be at the dealers as we speak being prepared. I have spoken at length with both the sales person and the service manager who has completed his GTR training.

Other than the 2,000km, 12month 2 year and 3 year special maintenance services you also have a standard 10,000km 12 month Nissan warranty schedule.

There are no official service costs yet, even the hourly rates have not been confirmed. They have informed me that the rates will be higher than a standard nissan (Wow no surprises there), when I quizzed them whether it would be Ferrari type pricing , they said no but it would be comensurate with vehicle type and cost. So you would be looking at about $1,200 for a standard service if that is true.

Time will tell, I will let you know when the dealer tells me more, however the dealers and Nissan do themselves no favours by not releasing this information. It allows speculation to run rife, however maybe they are happy to have people speculate, that way if we are expecting a $10,000 brake pad and disk replacement then we will not complain about $7,000. Hell we may even consider this a good deal.

It is all about what people expect to pay.

Cheers,

We had a couple of R35 GTRs at Willall Racing today :) (albeit one of them is our car!)

A full upgrade/race service was performed on the silver car, consisting of -

WR35TM GR6 Transmission Fluid

WR35TC GR6 Transmission Intercooler System

WR35MP GTR Midpipe Assembly

WR35DF Solid Boundary Differential Fluid

WR35MO 10w-60 synthetic Engine Oil

Genuine Nissan R35 GTR Oil Filter

Cobb AP Stage II 97 RON 1.08B Engine Tune

Not a cheap service, but > 50kw gain, and a much nicer sounding, driving package :)

nice.jpg

How about giving everyone a cost break down. Could only be good for your business. Also assuming mild street use only, what klm interval approx, would you recommend the next full fluid change?

Edited by GT-R OZ

So, John D - work at Nissan?

Nope got nothing to do with Nissan but I do work at a dealership and I don't like the "dealership bashing" that goes on, these companies invest big money in equipment and training, if you made big $$$ investment wouldn't you want to get it back as quickly (fairly) as you could. Yes there are some dealerships that dont give good value for money BUT don't tar them all with the same brush. Early in this post someone had a problem with paying for time it may take to bed rotors and pads, WHY ??? if it takes an hour why shouldn't you pay an hour labour ???