SAU Community

My R33 Gts25T v. 2000 R8 Clubsport???

I have a little problem.... My mate just bought a 2000 model R8 clubsport and is convinced it is faster then my R33 so we are taking them down to Calder to see for sure. The problem is i dont want to look like a fool if he destroys me.... any one have any ideas on how it will go?

here are the specs:

R33: series 1, lowered, air filter, exhaust system (3.5"), boost up to 12psi.

R8: Stock, 250Kw, Auto

I recon he is in trouble but want to get some opinions from people who have run against similar cars.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah..... i know and he even tries to tell me that the holden traction control button on his dash will work like a F1 launch control box...... i really have to beat this guy, i may just wind my boost up to 20psi for the 1/4 mile run and just pray that nothing explodes.....

The tests quoted by magazines are based on a g-tech so they are very optimistic

Dont Wheels and Motor use Correvit timing, i was under the impression that this is highly accurate, only they time the cars with half a tank and a passenger so typically carrying approx 100kg additional.

As for his car being quicker... dont worry. Look at it like i do.

Not many of my friends are into cars, but typically those that are all have quicker cars... I love it, they get to spend all their money on getting their cars going quickly, and i get free entertainment joyriding in them.

Originally posted by pooski

yeah..... i know and he even tries to tell me that the holden traction control button on his dash will work like a F1 launch control box......

He drives a Commodoor does he? Mmmmm.....

Could you ask him (and say Rezz from Japan wants to know),

HOW THE F*CK DOES HE KNOW WANT AN F1 LAUNCH CONTROL BOX IS LIKE? :looney:

Good luck, I hope you beat him:D

I am feeling a bit more confident now.... i still think it will be close, but if i lose it wont be by much and i can still give him shit for paying $35g for a car thats just faster then my $14500 car that can go around corners as well as drive in a stright line.

Originally posted by Roy

Dont Wheels and Motor use Correvit timing, i was under the impression that this is highly accurate,

Yep highly accurate for a Correvit timing run Not a real dragstrip. The times are always a little too generous.

Guest Robo's

Dont get me wrong i love the skylines, but the LS1 motors are very good and make impressive power outputs. With the computers now cracked, 230rwkw is not uncommon with just tune and exhaust mods to LS1. I know they are heavy lumps, but with the added power, they can be still quick. My mate has ran 13.1 in his VX SS, 6 speed with no internal mods.

But seeing as this ones an auto, the autos slow them down alot as they LS1 loves to rev, so the stock R8 being an auto, you should hand it too him. Good luck anyway!! Its all fun.