SAU Community

Dr30 Coilovers

Can someone tell me what coilovers will fit my DR30?

Been recommended Koni shocks but I want to be able to adjust camber etc

Tried the search and found nothing

Cheers

s13 coils bolt straight in. only mods is machining out camber tops to actually gain - camber or get dr30 camber tops.

So I can just buy a set of S13 coilovers and using leftover bits from my DR30 struts make it all fit front and rear?

you may as well do an s13 front hub conversion.

the rears will fit the trailing arms but you will need to buy different caps coz silvia run two bolt.

OR you can precisely drill out two new holes in the top of your strut tower, but it would be better to find proper top caps.

5 stud conversion really can be done, anyone have an idea for doing rear 5 stud conversion?

S13 coilovers yes they bolt in you just take the plate off that the standard struts bolt to the LCA onto...If you run the standard S13 camber tops be prepared to run alot of negative camber or run the DR30 strut tops

the advantage for me was a floating disc set up and coilover fronts with more options.

100mm spacing for bigger brakes, mine is an mr30 not a dr30.

i have the understanding that dr30's already have this 100mm spacing?

makes it a whole lot easier to take your front shocks out!!

i have been wanting to try and see if you can fit z31 stub axles into the r30 items.

but it is a rare item and im not even sure if it will work.

then you can use the z31 half shafts which are way better.

So I can just buy a set of S13 coilovers and using leftover bits from my DR30 struts make it all fit front and rear?

sorry should have been more specific, as said will need s13 hubs of course to bolt the coilovers to (s13 r floating hub and have strut separate to the hub). but all that bolts straight in (have s13 shit on my dr30) even brake lines fit straight up. only thing is that the steering knuckle on s13 hubs is thicker so when u screw the nut down it wont line up with the hole 2 get a split pin thru. can just put the nut upside down so can still get a pin thru. wont b able 2 come off, mines just 4 track work anyway.

and yea just drill out the strut tops for the rear. i just marked them out with pair of dividers no dramas.

or also as said could get proper 3 stud strut tops from somewhere.

Edited by OUTATIME

the advantage for me was a floating disc set up and coilover fronts with more options.

100mm spacing for bigger brakes, mine is an mr30 not a dr30.

i have the understanding that dr30's already have this 100mm spacing?

makes it a whole lot easier to take your front shocks out!!

yerp your right DR30's have 100mm bolt spacing for the calipers so changing to S13 coil overs is really not needed...if your really in need for coil overs sleeve ur standard struts easy as

only thing is that the steering knuckle on s13 hubs is thicker so when u screw the nut down it wont line up with the hole 2 get a split pin thru. can just put the nut upside down so can still get a pin thru.

you can counter sink a hole the width of the nut in the top of this hole so the nut will screw down all the way.

only needs to be counter sunk about 3mm, then it works a treat. no need for upside down nuts or ball joints with no split pins.

I've just been offered a nice set of S13 coilovers for $600 and a set of 4 spot calipers for $400.

Also the S13 hubs are available too as part of the deal.

So will have to reconsider

if you're not in a hurry check out importmonster.com.au

i bought a full set of r32 gtr calipers, they also happened to come with brand new pads too, for 17,700yen which was about 170 bucks at the time.

i also got a full set of coilovers to suit the s13 conversion for 20,000yen which was about 200 bucks.

Edited by skybt1

• 2 weeks later...
i have been wanting to try and see if you can fit z31 stub axles into the r30 items.

but it is a rare item and im not even sure if it will work.

then you can use the z31 half shafts which are way better.

that would be good, my shafts are flogged and need to rebuild or upgrade, not so easy. ive seen 1600s with r200s runnig commondore halfshafts dont no if can do to r30 ?? .. i no its commoncrap but strong