SAU Community

R34 Gtr Console Trim Removal - Without Breaking It!

GTRNUR

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to access the back of the head unit in my dash/console, and cant work out how to pull it apart. Its easy to remove the trim around the gear shift (ash-tray, 1 screw and a few clips hold that part), but the part that surrounds the head unit itself is proving difficult.

I cant work out where the clips are that are holding the outer triim in place and am reluctant to go forcing anything. Does anyone have a procedure for removal of this trim?

turp_0812_14_z%20nissan_skyline_r34_gtr%20center_console.jpg

The frame trim around the head unit is what im trying to remove...

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by GTRNUR

im going to assume that its the same as the 34 gtt

therefore you simply take a screw driver, cover the tip with something soft and slip it in between the vents and surrounding fascia above the ac controls and pop them out (sounds daunting but is really very simple)

you find 2 screws behind that

you also need to pull up the gear stick surround (only held in by clips, so gently pull upward), and undo the screw behind the EVC you have with the cf surround, you will find another 2 screws that hold in the cage that houses the ac controls and the headunit.

once undone you can pull it all out and there are 4 screws holding on the piece of trim around the head unit that you want to remove

Thanks, Ive had a go but it appears the trim surrounding the dash MFD screen also overlaps the vents a little, so im now searching for MFD removal instructions to try and work out how to remove that part of trim without breaking it too!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ive had a go but it appears the trim surrounding the dash MFD screen also overlaps the vents a little, so im now searching for MFD removal instructions to try and work out how to remove that part of trim without breaking it too!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

you have to remove the aircon before removing the MFD.

aircon can be removed by pulling out, with a hook. or the aforementioned screwdriver in

the side, Then you get access to the MFD.

as far as I know you can't get the MFD out without first removing the integrated aircon unit.