SAU Community

Attkd / Autech Connecting Rods Help

Hello all.

I am trying to research a couple products from ATTKD/Autech and am having a couple issues :) .

I am interested in the ATTKD RB26 I-Beam Connecting Rods, but I can not find any info on them anywhere other than from JustJap, who is selling them currently @ http://justjap.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=78

I have checked all the usuall places, Google etc. even http://www.attkd.co.jp/ (ATTKD's Home Page/Website) but they (the Rods) are not even listed on their own website......VERY ODD.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ? because other than JustJap (and assorted advertisements on numerous forums by JustJap)....these things don't seem to even exist in the rest of the world.

I have emailed ATTKD directly using the contact info on their website ( [email protected] ) and I am currently waiting for a response.......hopefully the language barrier will not harm my chances of getting a reply.

In the mean time, if anyone can give me some ideas......and web links, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

well just jap have a long history with ATTKD/Autech Tsukada and have even flown the owner out here to aus a number of times over the recent years. ATTKD is a relatively small but highly regarded tuner in japan and as such probably not many people outside of japan would know them, and they most likely don't really list all their parts on their website.

I have met the owner a number of times both here in aus when steve brought him out the first time, and at a number of events in japan. he is a great tuner and his shop turns out some top level GTRs and some great parts too.

Unfortunately I am in Canada, so ordering from Japan would be just as easy as ordering from Aus.

Also, JustJap are selling the rods I want on clearance on Ebay for $645 and when I contacted them and asked about shipping to Canada, they informed me that if I wanted them, I would have to purchase from their website and pay $799 + shipping instead.

On pure principal alone, this rubs me the wrong way.

Another thing to add is the fact that I order quite a bit directly from Japan, so upon contacting my Supplier who is authorized for every line you could possibly imagine and has been in the business for quite a few years, I was told by him that the rods in question do not even exist in Japan.....or from ATTKD Japan.

So, where are these rods manufactured ? What is the deal with them ?

As everyone knows, the RB is an expensive motor to build and I want quality parts.

I specifically want I-Beam Rods and my choice came down to either Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, which AMS in the United States uses on a daily basis in 1000+ HP 4G63's without concerns/problems......OR, these so-called ATTKD I-Beam Rods.

I just want to know the REAL deal with them.

Thanks to all who replied and again, thanks in advance for the replies yet to come.

Allan