SAU Community

R35 R/c Drifter

AE92

i have two video's it . There ok quality.......i took them on the mobile so it isn't the best quality and there on the side so you have to watch it with a tilted head :banana:

This one is when i was driving it on the driveway and in the garage doing some slides. I have racing tires on so there HEAPS good for grip but i can still drift it when the floor is slick (goes for about 1 minute) :

In this one i drove it on the tiles with the same tires but it drifts fine. The space is so small i could only drift it a little bit (goes for about 30 seconds) :

It looks better if you flip the screen on its side :banana:

LOL!

Yeah you filmed it on the side, but sill looks good.

Gee you got good control in a small area.

Umm the TT-01 is an Expert build series. So the build is expert and the car for racing.

these are also expert build lines.

M-

DT-

DF-

there beginner models are Quick drive models. Also the Touring car class's so thats SOME TT-01 chassis but not many......all the TA and TB etc are not classed as expert but as intermediate. The silvia you have is for beginner modelers but want a expert car (because it is a TT-01 chassis) so they come pre-built.

It cost like $380 for the Type E and its comes with the R35 Body in the box so it ended costing me about $430 to finish it off.

Nice, thanks for that.

Yes the RC Car is very well built, can't complain about Tamiya, awesome quality.

It's fast for sure! Gota get use to the speed and controlling the throttle as well.

I took my S15 out again today out on the street, I'm getting use to it but still need practice.

Today I got my +6mm Offset Volk TE37 wheels in black and looks awesome as it fills the guards nicely.

I will get some pics tomorrow in the sunlight.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm i might have to roll the guards on my z tune.

my gram lites are scraping on them LOL.

chrome lip. black centers on a silver R34. looks great.

also has a muffler

ive got some great pics on ym other camera which ill upload later tonight or add me on msn and i can send them coz im too lazy LOL

akatsuki.1 at hotmail dot com

anywho

im trying to source the calsonic R32 GTR bodyshell but i cant seem to find them!

im trying to build up a nice little GTR collection

i got bored so i took apart my lemon of an E10 and cleaned up the parts then put it back together. runs better then new! :laugh:

also i got bored so i fitted a pod..... yes i actually have a pod on my electric RC

i think it looks great thru the vents that i cut open and it delivers cold air to the motor which gets pretty hot due to the exessive thrashing i give it :sick:

heres come pics ^.^

post-54148-1239535119_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239535162_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239535215_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239535252_thumb.jpg

i just painted the red rim silver and refitted it with wire and tape... it fits perfectly!

ill go fetch the pics of the R34 NOW

edit:

seems my uncle deleted the pics off the camera >:|

so ill take some pics tomorrow afternoon(wooot no work!)

Edited by GTR-boy

ive got some great pics on ym other camera which ill upload later tonight or add me on msn and i can send them coz im too lazy LOL

akatsuki.1 at hotmail dot com

anywho

im trying to source the calsonic R32 GTR bodyshell but i cant seem to find them!

im trying to build up a nice little GTR collection

i got bored so i took apart my lemon of an E10 and cleaned up the parts then put it back together. runs better then new! :P

also i got bored so i fitted a pod..... yes i actually have a pod on my electric RC

i think it looks great thru the vents that i cut open and it delivers cold air to the motor which gets pretty hot due to the exessive thrashing i give it :banana:

heres come pics ^.^

LOL!

Thats awesome Sam.

That Pod air intake should cool down the Motor very well. How did you make the pod?

How long does your Battery last? Mines about 20 mins and giving it full throttle most of the time and they say you should give the motor a rest after every 10 mins of drifting...

Ok I got some pics for ya all.

post-46584-1239604495_thumb.jpgpost-46584-1239604504_thumb.jpg

post-46584-1239604515_thumb.jpgpost-46584-1239604535_thumb.jpg

post-46584-1239604548_thumb.jpgpost-46584-1239604737_thumb.jpg

A few "biffs" and "bumps" here and there as I took it out today and got too close to the curb a few times, looks tuff but haha!!

Tamiya PS Gloss Black paint sprayed on the inside with Tamiya PS Flat Clear coat on the outer shell.

Still need to car the rear bar skirt and make up a metal muffler exhaust system. Hehe!!

looks great jamie!

fuark these things are addictive

im stepping up to either a petrol drag RC or tamiya with a brushless motor

here are some pics

im loving the look of the R34 but the pod wont let the R34 body fit as its a tamiya where as the R32 is a HPI

i regret buying the HPI

its a hunk of shit..

it runs like crap now

barley turns right

stupid peice o' shit

cant wait till i get my nitro car

would look tuff az nails having a drag RC GTR.. no wing, fat black rims

some people managed to make a miniutre exhaust syustem as opposed to the side mount

seems easy enough. only a matter of time before someone releases a tiny ass turbo :rofl:

i revised the pod just before. used PVC piping and warmed it up till it could be malleable.

i simply used a lawnmower airfilter. the long cylinder ones which i cut in half

sticktape on with electric tape. also add some to the bends to strengthen them. and then mount it

easy as pie!

battery lasts for about 20 mins

gets very very hot..might need to mock up an intercooler :thumbsup:

the Ztuned ztune for comparison :P

post-54148-1239711265_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711294_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711310_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711335_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711362_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711374_thumb.jpg

post-54148-1239711390_thumb.jpg

Yeah awesome Sam!

That exhaust muffler looks cool.

So about 20mins for the battery yeah... I thought so as I timed it on Monday. I was hoping I was charging the battery for the right amount of time.

Z-Tune looks nice, what wheels you got? And I see you have put in disk brakes and calipers in which look nice.

Are the Tamiya and HPI chassis different in measurements?

Do you take you RC Car down to a nice smooth indoor/outdoor track? Cause atm I'm just using it down my street on the ashphelt. It's OK, but I pick small stones and you can say its a rougher surface then a track.

i just race it at the carpark near my house and in my court..

i love how it spins all 4 wheels on tiles

the rims are rays gram lights

they were chrome but i painted the centers black and left the dish chrome

`tamiya rapes HPI's ghetto ass in everything

i rushed into the RC and bought the HPI so yeah my loss

ive decided on a petrol car as oposed to the electric

im pretty crafty so i think ill make some miniuture performance parts..

the boss just went out and left me in charge... FMIC time:ninja:

Yeah I see.

I searched on the internet and there is a place down Port Melbourne where they have tracks to race all sorts of RC Cars.

Yeah I thought about going for some other "Cheaper" brand RC Cars, but I know everything with Tamiya will be built at a very good quality and you will be safe with them.

The wheels I bought were HPI brand and the new tyres are some other "Made In Japan" brand...

Petrol cars ehy?

LOL! Drift it to the servo and fill up then walk into and pay... "Thats $1 thanks..."

My FMIC is just a print out and stuck on.

Next body shell is probably a 180SX, R32, R34 or RX7 FD Wide body or something totally different and looking at building a Submarine and set it off with my dad as he is into RC Sail Boats as he's got two.

One is purely wind powered and the other is wind and electric motorised.

ill be buying my mates old tamiya nitro car and restoring it :thumbsup:

only a 100 bux

runs forking great except for the pull start

comes with bald rear tyres :down:

needs a new pull start.. anyone know where i can get one?

Supercharged nitro rc engines are bullshit.

The problem is that there are no "valves" in the engines so the intake path is never closed and hence cannot be pressurised.

IMHO, if you want more go either get a bigger engine (my Savage runs a .28 with 3hp.. enough to do wheelstands in the 5ish kg truck), OR, get a NOS setup.

Edited by bubba

thanks bubba

someone managed to get a turbo working on an RC engine the turbo was tiny

so how would a 3hp engine go on a road car?

all 4 wheels smoking? :thumbsup:

Daaaaang man that a hawt car ;) , those rime are dope : ) Ive got a Nissan Silvia S15 R/C and its bomd to drift with.Didnt know many other peepz have these around..Looks nice thou :)