SAU Community

SAU-NSW Advanced Driver Training (Great Deal) Nov 12/ Dec 12/ Jan 23

B-Man

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message from Aaron : For those interested and haven't pre-booked and taken advantage of the package deal !

"Cost is $330.00 per driver for genuine club members.

Non members is $390.00.

We are having lunch catered on the day as well as a few other surprises so whilst I know it is expensive, as you now know, your members will recieve the best training for making them a "Skyline driver" rather than a owner!"

Looks like I cant make the Eastern Creek day on the 23rd guys. I now am the proud owner of a blown turbo and am stuffed if i know what I am going to do! little hint guys, 15psi through stock turbo over 12months= NOT GOOD!! hahahahaha.

If anyone has a stock turbo in good condition laying around and interested in parting with it for cheap private message me, otherwise I might have to keep her off the road and go the whole hog HKS weapon once i have the money up.

Any ideas guys?? Im open to anything.whats mark and brendan running turbo wise?? Need different piping or exhaust manifold??? PM ME ASAP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww shite ! That's no good !

Unfortunately I sold my old turbo - it would have been a bolt on replacement too - bummer and I would have lent it too you so you could run on the day ! ! ! (after that you would have bought it :P )

Umm - have you looked in the For Sale section here ?? You might be able to pick up a second hand one.

Replacing the turbo is not a hard job if you are handy - See if you can pick up a second hand one and fit it yourself - $500 max. for a good one.

Mark - what happened to your old turbo ??

Bummer dude !

Big ass bummer! Trust me, ity was a slow asss trip home after work in Syd to the Central Coast when she went !!!! hahahaha

Im thinking of something thats not too laggy but good for around 250rwkw+. I dont know much about turbos so thats why i was asking you guys! ATM budget is around $2400 and if needed i can get the exhaust manifold made with tuned length and other piping done for literally nuthing.

I gave my high flowed standard turbo to red-gtst on these forums to get it checked out before he buys it for $600.

He said its in top condition - only did about 5k km at 0.85bar.

Its yours if he doesnt want it and you do.

I've got a HKS 2530 and I love it but ive heard the max you can get is about 250rwkw. With this turbo i dont feel lag.

Doughboy on these forums may help you out of your pickle with a nice turbo, I got my turbo from him and he was a true gent.

Do a bit or research on what power/lag compramise you want and go for it.

Unfortunatly things start getting quite expensive after 200kw if you do a proper job.

or.... you can buy my car :P

• Latest Posts

• You've given zero info about your setup. Step 1: make sure all the standard equipment are working as they should. If they're not, go investigate why. Step 2: Make sure all your wiring is done properly. Know which RB20 you have, most likely "silvertop" a.k.a R32/A31 anything after 1989. Step 3: make sure your ECU is tuned properly. Standard will barely run in this situation.
    • Depending on your use case, prop valve will almost always be a better choice.
    • I think... in the US, Silvermax is the equivalent of BC Racing, i.e. cheap Taiwanese built suspension that gets turned for "local" conditions. Back in the day in Australia, you could get MCA street for about $1300 and they were awesome. Don't know about now... In saying that, my real world TEIN experience: I got some street basis z for my old Liberty (BR9), and they were awesome ($800-odd delivered from demon-tweeks in the UK). so Don't discount TEIN
    • yeah my RedBull X2010 on Grand Valley is only good enough for bronze... I can't hit silver arrgh.
    • 100% this. Long ago, I had a guy from the R31 club who set my BNR32 up (adjustable arms all round). He did an awesome job, was an after-work kinda thing where I had to bring a slab of beer. My car never drove better, and I stupidly got a random tyre shop to check the toe angles when I changed tyres, and they ruined the alignment. tl:dr- it takes a lot of skill to set up your car lowered from factory properly, and is worth paying the $200+ it takes.