SAU Community

Car Hesitates When Accelerating? R33

RB JET

Hey guys,

I have a r33 gtst rb25det. My car idles and drives under load fine. However at low revs when the car goes around a corner or bumpy surface - eg a pot hole or bumpy intersection etc, the car hesitates for a second and then starts pulling. Basically it doesn't accelerate smoothly after going over a bump etc but rather hesitates for a sec then hits all of a sudden - sort of a jerky transition if it makes sense. However once it has done it it continues to drive fine. only does it when the road surface bumps the car or when I turn. Any idea's on what it could be?

So far ive figured something must be getting bumped or knocked causing this hesitation / jerk, it usually occurs round the 2-3000 rpm mark.

Car spools up fine but sometimes hesitates (corner or bump) - only for a second or so though.

Any help is much appriciated!

could be the soldering on the inside of your afm also going from the plug pins to the circut board, aparantly they often fail

OK thanks, ill have a check of that tomorrow aswell.

Problem sorted. Before my Power FC was installed, I had an SAFC which you have to splice into some wires in the ecu loom to install it. Some of the connectors were loosening and wires were just showing and touching sometimes when i would turn right or go over bumps. Re-connected the wires with new joiners and problem solved! Thanks for the help guys!