SAU Community

Marrage In Japan

cefilo

lol tim, epic wedding photos mate. love your style :)

hahahaha thanks mate

The wedding photos are still getting done in Japan....they should be ready next week.

I wasnt able to get any of it on my camera as i was the groom hahaha

ドンキ ホーテ

http://www.donki.com/index.php

yep, that's the one. good ol donki. typical japanese assassination of english (well in this case spanish I guess?) donpen_02.jpg

you can buy everything at donki otie from a pack of crotchless panties, through to a maid outfit for your gf, through to a pack of beer and some snacks, through to some small apartment furniture right up to a 1mil yen louis vuitton handbag! in the roppongi store they have giant fish and turtles etc in their fish tank and at about midnight on fridays they feed small fish to the big fish! it freaked me out the first time I saw it. I was standing outside when I saw a bucket of small gold fish get tipped into the tank. then the big ass fish just started swallowing them. I was like wtf? the same shop in roppongi with the fish eating fish also has a roller coaster on the roof! my apartment in tokyo is just down the road from the roppongi store, it's like my local supermarket when i'm there. lol. they have a really big one in shinjuku too. the one in roppongi is like 6 stories or so.

don quijote roppongi and it's roller coaster!:

p15190.jpg

p15191.jpg

nice pics. :banana:

love the last car pic. typical japanese drift car with all the important drift bits, like roll cage attached ash tray and air con mounted drink holders... they have the priorities right.

new wife is quite a looker and your new daughter is supaa kawaii. :thumbsup:

you are a brave man to take on a wife with a daughter already, I wish you all the best mate. :P

nice pics. :thumbsup:

love the last car pic. typical japanese drift car with all the important drift bits, like roll cage attached ash tray and air con mounted drink holders... they have the priorities right.

new wife is quite a looker and your new daughter is supaa kawaii. :D

you are a brave man to take on a wife with a daughter already, I wish you all the best mate. :unsure:

Thanks Beer Baron, compliment appreciated.

Yea i saw that silvia on my first day there and thought to myself..... this is how cars should be built hahaha love the style.

Almost every car there has a ash tray like that, when i went halfway up Fuji Yama i saw a wagon with 6 ash trays on the dash, heavy smoker.

It looks kool and a good idea too so you dont get ciggies thrown all over the streets.

And yea don quixote is the best shop ever, its like a everything u want and need in one shop......it seems all the hotties hangout there at night with there friends, a good place for a nice view hahaha.

Oh did i mention the crepes at Harajuku?? highly reccommended.... a must try.

Thanks Blk180, Japan has very beautiful scenery, i didnt want to come back to this bland land we call home hahaha

I hope you enjoy ur holiday in December.

Thanks Blk180, Japan has very beautiful scenery, i didnt want to come back to this bland land we call home hahaha

sif... sunnybank has mad waterfalls. err... somewhere.

Did you bring back any goodies? Does the Micra have baller aero now?

sif... sunnybank has mad waterfalls. err... somewhere.

Did you bring back any goodies? Does the Micra have baller aero now?

I didnt get any car parts apart from the JDM learner driver stickers and some drift stickers, as im selling the cars i have here and buying something cheap to runaround in eventually, the car game is not so strong in my blood anymore after what ive seen in Japan. to put it bluntly Oz mod rules and style sucks.

I wanna buy something for the missus in Jp, she wants a VIP style sedan so we're thinking maybe a Y33 Cedric or something along those lines.

Was tempting to buy air fresheners, ashtrays, front tables. cup holders and curtains hahaha i love that stuff.

However i did buy many many clothes and new kicks from BAPE shop and 109 Shibuya and other shops in Harajuku, got a hot new G-shock from donki ote....and heaps of magazines from Book Off but due to Jetstars 20Kg baggage deal i left alot of clothes and magazines and beer back there awaiting my return lol.

• 5 weeks later...
1. DONT DO IT !!!!

2. BEEN THERE DONE THAT (STILL PAYING THE PRICE)

I am from QLD also I got married in Japan (Nagano) to a Japanese woman in 2005 (two boys, 3 year old and 1 year old)

All you have to do is go to the embassy (might be available in AU from giv before u go? ask DFAT) and get a document (forgot the official name) which shows you are legally eligable to marry (ie your not married in AU) the embassy when we did it were a pain in the ass to deal with, there are window through out the week you have to apply for this document. my wife went there outside the window and demanded it, would leave with out it.

After you get it, take it to the local Japanese government office where your wife is registered/domiciled, fill out the paperwork, show family tree (Koseki tohon) sign the document and you are married. I took my father in law along also, having an old Japanese man in Japan to do your bidding helps (damn male dominant seniority based country)

If your daughter is a dual national, at the age of 20 she is required to pick one nationality over the other, she has 2 years to decide, ie they want the final decision by 22. However they almost never enforce this rule (there was talk in JP gov that they were thinking of changing the rule, by the time your daughter is 20 might not exist anymore) if she wanted to join the police,army, wanted to run for politicial office or was famous/prominent then she may be forced, but if she is an average person on the street they dont enforce this rule. If she goes to JP dont show them your AU passport and there should be no dramas, AU government isnt goint to be asked by Japanese gov if she has cancelled her AU citizenship or not...

man citizenship isnt a joke to be hidden ... or dont show them passport or so , if Jap's doesnt allowed dual citizenship You need to respect that and You have to make a choice

as one day its can be very " costly " for You or very " pain full".

I am dualcitizen so I know what I am talking about .Its not a ...she will be right mate ..., it is under international low .