SAU Community

Skyline - How Long Do They Last

Engine in a VL taxi I knew of did 1.3 mill kms before a holed radiator hose caused it to blow the head gasket. Nissan Auto trans are crap though as only lasted 900,000 :down:

If you look after it, there is no reason it cant do many 100's of 1000's in my eyes.

If you don't chase power, they should be very very reliable.

The only issue's long term i know about are electrics with Nissans... things like coils, looms, Crank Angle Sensor, AFM's and so on... all things like that tend to fail.

If you replace them with a 2nd hand item, then expect it to happen again, and again :P

An engine is an engine, regardless what it is.

Build quality, lubrication used, how the engine is driven, what power it is pushing out, how often it is serviced, climate, etc. You get my point.

A car can last 1,000,000km if it is treated correctly. However certain things might fail and need replacing. Most parts will have to be replaced during the life of the car, so what particular part are we talking about.

There really is no answer to this thread and therefore is entirely pointless.

Kind of like asking what age shall i live to.

i agree to this 100%.

remember its the parts that fail not the car.. maybe you should think about how long certain parts will last? if you have an engine change every 100,000 ks your car will last forever.