SAU Community

Your Old Cars

ontheranch

may aswell bring out all the embarassing pics of my horrible previous car choices...

Bought an 81 Mitsi Scorpion for $100 and rebuilt the motor and resprayed while i was 15, had it ready to drive when I got my L's. I could never afford tyres for it so it never had matching wheels.

3554040178_large.jpg

got a GSR Sigma for a 'daily' while the scorpion was broken - 90% of the time I had it.

3554040154_large.jpg

then got my first R31 bought it dead stock - still have it $20k later.

basically looked like this when i bought it. Was defected last year so I had to return it to standard (minus the ADR approved velos). I lost all the pics I had when I first got it

Picture432.jpg

looks like this now

IMGP3007.jpg

Dude at work wanted to get rid of a civic he had, so i bought that for $50.

Did about 100k's in it, put $20 fuel in it in the 3 months I had it, then sold it for $500.

100_9767.jpg

Got a RB20DET regency approved wagon. Slammed it, 20% tinted it and put 17x9's on it and drove that as a daily for 9 months - nicest R31 I've ever driven

Picture113.jpg

Sold the wagon with the intention of buying a Stagea since I was now hooked on wagons. I was driving the 31 sedan as a daily and got defected, so needed another daily. Bought the biggest heap of shit ever - which was almost the best car i had in a way, drove it into shit etc. not bad for $400. flipped the leaf springs and cut the fronts, fitted a set of 17s I had off my skyline

Picture361.jpg

Sold the bluey when the 31 got off defect, and the Stagea rocked up shortly after.

IMGP1983.jpg

And thats about it. sorry if the pics are big, i didnt check sizes

Edited by Silhouette31

damnnn some of you's have had alot of cars!

now what did i have? i started with a vl then moved onto a mx6 turbo! got the 33 and i'm planning on keeping that forever, i've become some what attached to it!. i couldn't believe i was gonna sell it before :P and now i roll in a mazda 323 old school as a daily and now i've got a pulsar et i'm gonna fix up and use as my daily!

P1010829.jpg

That stag is what I would call 'Tasty'. Not riced out, but not pov spec. I like much.

-D

cheers mang, all I've done is lowered it. Ive found the rims I want but of course they're Works which means $$ :P So might be a while before it changes.. Other than that I wont be changing anything on it.

First car was a GC Galant - dirt road slider for 2 years!! Great fun car - still wish I had it :thumbsup:

13x7 Hotwires with 205 tyres and home roll of the guards

galant2.jpg

Then bought an XD Falcon - 250 XFlow with slam & doof doof

LeesXD-Front.jpg

Then EF Fairmont - daily driver for 7 years while apprentice & Uni Student

EFFairmontJune020003.jpg

Then R31 Silhouette when needed $ for house deposit,

SIL031_2.jpg

Then sold that and got an EFII Fairmont Ghia with 5sp manual conversion (XR6 motor with cam, extractors etc. went good for an NA car)

DSC00040.jpg

Then bought the R33

Skyline1.jpg

Sold that for the Legnum when my Son was born, which I owned for the last 12 months,

Exterior2.jpg

And now sold the Legnum for a 2004 Liberty GT Premium :thanks:

LibertyGT1.jpg

^ dude i think u in for some tuff competition, neva met anyone that has gotten more sh*t over a damn car than me. i mean around friends, at work, family im talking the works. few people on here know why when i took it to a vilis meet up. ill dig up a pics to share soon :thumbsup:

trust me my friend, you got nothing on me. I found these pics in my gmail just now...

Read em and weep mate, you CANNOT beat this for lame!

post-52381-1238244322_thumb.jpg

post-52381-1238244351_thumb.jpg

THE STORY: I had a commodore which was a guzzler, fuel went to $1.70, was spending $120 in fuel just to get to and from work! Picked this up in a car yard for $900, 750cc 4cyl, carby, $35 for around 600kms. Kept doing stuff to it to make it funnier, stickers, exhaust (4 inch cannon). Would see people laugh at it and I'd laugh with em. Sold it to a construction worker with a V8 ute for $1K, he eventually put rims on it..

its on mofo :thumbsup:

seriously if u had that for sale now i would consider it, looks pretty clean and i was considering getting a mini or something to use as a daily hack to save some petty as my dato chews the stuff :thanks:

ok guess technically this was my first car toyota crown bought for me and my dad like the 1 pictured toyota crown late 70s mine also nasty poo stain green

post-31501-1238246768_thumb.jpg

at the time i was 17, it was slow from the steel chassis and well looked old. However I didn't really note how friggen immaculate it was at the time and wrote it off sorry dad

moving on was forced to drive mums commo, got many compliments from bogans. very embarrassing

onto saving up while at tafe i scrapped together $270 bucks and my dad suggested buying grandad's 74' datsun 260c. feeling sorry for crashing dad's old car and knowing he likes this old dato i bought it. as pictured it did actually look pretty sweet. however again still young had no respect for old cars and got constantly dissed about it from friends. i kept it but only because i always said all or nothing. its GTR 32 or piece of poo dato.

post-31501-1238249062_thumb.jpgpost-31501-1238249078_thumb.jpg

after 2years of owning it and noticing dato 260z has around 150hp i said to my dad why the f didnt i get that dato its got a lil gusto there. he said your car has the same damn engine. baffled at how mine gets whipped by 20hp ford lasers and old astras off the line i passed it off as bullsht till 1 day i finally tried using the gears in the auto(was like a initial d takumi break through :D ). i then realised it was alot more powerfull than most of the crusty cars my friends drove at the time. its got a severe lack of torque however when it gets revving around 40km/h in 1st it fires back with some f ing gusto ive never seen in a 70s car that wasnt a v8.

its now 8 years later and unfortunately it doesnt look so pretty anymore with rust, vinyl roof fckd that leaks majorly now in winter no matter how much silicon I use on it(not good when you an accoutant in a suit) my dad has kept the car driving like brand new however.

I probably do look strange dressed nice working as an accountant in tie and driving that but I dont care I love hearing the old school motor purr almost as much as a rb :D

theres a few more reasons why i like it and prob wont sell it including a rumble at tafe but thats another story for another 500word post :)

long term plan is maybe roof chop and restoring, just hope the body will last untill i can afford to do that kinda work and have somewhere to store it.

i call check and mate

last pic is just before i went in bay to birdwood and got on the news :P

post-31501-1238249124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inline 6

te gemini shaved head using bench sander, classic. ended up wrapn it round a tree.

te gemini wagon project,, droped in 2l efi twincam had bout 90kw at wheels.

another te gem to get round in while buildn wagon. blew it up and put motor from first gem in. (my missis blew that engine up tryn to drag a hill billy in his bronco)

then sold em both and bought a 1990 r31 with 100k on it and a 1969 datto 1600 with z18 turbs. i still have datto in shed with body work almost finishd cant wait to drive it again, only 100kwatw but still a hand full.

fixed up a 98 sb barina and drove that round for a bit but couldnt hak it they got to be the most f%$# up car to dive.

oah and i got a hd holden in good nic waitnig for resto.

then i finnaly dcided to buy somthing that had some balls and was also nice to drive and practicle, stagea of course.

check out some of my previous street machines.

post-50016-1238283557_thumb.jpg

post-50016-1238283712_thumb.jpg

post-50016-1238283856_thumb.jpg

post-50016-1238284933_thumb.jpg

post-50016-1238285064_thumb.jpg

My other old car:

1985 Mazda 323 with a B6T engine. Running 10psi of boost. Chucked it up to 15psi when I needed to scare the WRX drivers. Was running as a 4WD, but as their gearbox apparently blew up, they said they "dropped the rear diff and got a 2WD gearbox".

Yes it came with the lame bonnet scoop, wooden steering wheel, pathetic stickers and NOS seat covers.

Then, I got defected.

Then, I got double-defected.

So, off came those super-low king springs, off came the boost gauge and off came that hideous steering wheel.

My mates told me of this road... called Gorge Road... so we all ventured out there one night. After spirited driving, the next morning I snapped a drive-shaft. Oops.

It's final trip before I sold it, I took it up to the Flinders Ranges!

After all that, I sold it to a mate who cracked the chassis. It now lies in a wrecking yard, after being sold for $100.

trust me my friend, you got nothing on me. I found these pics in my gmail just now...

Read em and weep mate, you CANNOT beat this for lame!

post-52381-1238244322_thumb.jpg

post-52381-1238244351_thumb.jpg

THE STORY: I had a commodore which was a guzzler, fuel went to $1.70, was spending $120 in fuel just to get to and from work! Picked this up in a car yard for $900, 750cc 4cyl, carby, $35 for around 600kms. Kept doing stuff to it to make it funnier, stickers, exhaust (4 inch cannon). Would see people laugh at it and I'd laugh with em. Sold it to a construction worker with a V8 ute for $1K, he eventually put rims on it..

HAHAHAHAH I drove one of those at the cas when I was workin Valet. They're so fkin funny to drive, and I could reach out with my left arm and wind down the passenger window without even having to lean over :blink:

Wouldn't wanna stack one though :D

300rwhp 33 (bought it about 6 years ago, got written off 2 years ago by some a commonwhore driver :D)

ARRH33.jpg

4awhp legnum (did good AWD powerslides though :blink:)

100_2680.jpg

410rwhp RB25 HR31

100_2796.jpg

too many to post pics

my 1st to current cars...

Toyota corona '82

Mazda 929 v6i '89

Ford Probe '94

Supra n/a '95

GTR 33 vspec '97

Nissan 300ZX TT '89

GTR 34 '01

WRX MY06

...Mitsubishi Evo IX '07

HAHAHAHAH I drove one of those at the cas when I was workin Valet. They're so fkin funny to drive, and I could reach out with my left arm and wind down the passenger window without even having to lean over :blink:

Wouldn't wanna stack one though :D

Yeah was hilarious! if I put both arms straight out to my sides I'd have fingers out both windows. I'm looking out for another one actually i kinda miss it.