SAU Community

Some Heathcote pix

predator

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLineGTR

no pictures of NismoR34's car...the "drag whore" he was on the day they would of had enough time to get a nice photo. :(

Originally posted by Jamezilla

Happiest run was leading Impul (Sam) for half track (then the 2530s showed me the business). Dude, I almost had you! :(

This is were Sam replies:

You almost had ME!

You never had your car, let alone me. Granny shiftin when ya should of been double clutchin...................... (somethin like that)

LOL:rofl: :shake:

Originally posted by RedLineGTR

look at the monster launch

http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmee..._03_10_061b.jpg

looks like it needs to be dumped in the front..

Haha - Yeah, love that 'speedboat' launch.

Don't worry Dale - I've got some video of you. Will try to plonk up today.

Al: Haha :D

Gary, the owner of Impul also got some good footage of some duels ....

Will be viewing some tonight at BMT around 10-11pm ... I hope he has it ready!

RiggaP .. nxt time just ask me to borrow the 235 semi's ... would have been great to help in your traction dept. (maybe you would like to borrow my turbos too?)

Nice pics Jamezilla ! .. how about that side shot I framed for you? :D

Thanx Meggala for posting the Full Boost pic .. you can see the white hands as I'm visualizing 129mph

...surprised me too as i approached the 1/4 mile mark, thinking about the gear change to 4th ... then, well just kept it planted LOL ... and crossed the line in 3rd @ 129.72

Did pretty well for little old semislicks if i say so myself ... clean snapped the input shaft just before it enters the gearbox .. at BMT we cracked the box open and confirmed the aftermarket gearset looking very nice (just running standard input shaft from RB25box!)... why faster this time even though running full slicks at calder? .. calder my first run was without heating tyres and still bogged down, then second run snapped axle. This time I bogged first run, wheelspun too much second run, third run still spun (then bogged :D) .. then benny had a go and snapped the shaft!

How to we get a good 60ft? ..

1) Strengthen everything through cryogenics, billets shafts, etc ... and run 275 nitto's.

2) Drop Auto box with 6,000 rpm stall for drag purposes...

... anyone up for 5th gear Wangan!?

cheers,

Oyabun

PS: Held the right foot flat on the drive home ... in a duel with Impul ...

whaddaya expect when driving the EXKGB (Jamezillas Orange Lada :D .. Impul treated me to about a thousand blue flames though ... damn cool, as almost every gearchange at cruising throttle produced a nice 4-5" flame.

Originally posted by Oyabun

RiggaP .. nxt time just ask me to borrow the 235 semi's ... would have been great to help in your traction dept.  

Hey DAVE.... *nudge**nudge*

:D

good stuff to all of you guys! showing what the SAU - Vic is all about. Would have loved to have been there instead of canberra!

Oh, and to all those saying/asking how riggaP got his time etc etc.

He'd have similar mods to most of you, but the one thing is he knows how to drive his car a bit better than others with higher times. Nothing 'secret' or anything.

But slightly better and he'd have a 13.5. The mph is good for it..

Originally posted by R31Nismoid

Oh, and to all those saying/asking how riggaP got his time etc etc.

He'd have similar mods to most of you, but the one thing is he knows how to drive his car a bit better than others with higher times. Nothing 'secret' or anything.

But slightly better and he'd have a 13.5. The mph is good for it..

You are more Paranoid than I am Ash - nobody ever questioned how or why he got those times :D

So you are saying none of us know how to drive?

Well, I still have *my* licence and *my* turbo still works - your comments arent appreciated.

Driving on the track is much different to the roads too BTW so I really dont know how you can say he knows how to drive better than others?

Add a helmet to the equation and it really does take a few runs to know what you are doing.

I am really sick of the *I am better than you* attitude that seems to go on around here. We are supposed to be a club / friends / working together...

Guest RedLineGTR
Originally posted by nismoR34

I am really sick of the *I am better than you* attitude that seems to go on around here. We are supposed to be a club / friends / working together...

I respect those comments. Times are times...people some have different techniques and every car is different thoe they may have similar specs. Clutches are differernt engine condition is different, how people launch may differ thier are to many variables. Everyone drives how they drive its had to generalize that someone drives better than someone else this may differ in changing conditions. Cant be bothered writing this shit..Respect Peoples point of views. :D