SAU Community

New 26 In My Gtr Not Boosting

Crans

Dropped a new 32 rb26 into my 32 gtr. Took it for its first test drive about a month ago and it was boosting to 1 bar but seamed very very laggy and just didn't seam to have any power.

It was blowing smoke so we decided to clean the cooler piping as it was full of oil from the previously blown engine.

Test drove it last weekend and it wont boost past 0.5 bar and still feels extremely laggy. It feels like you hit a brick wall at 0.5 bar.

We have cleaned the afm's put new lower gapped plugs in. We are thinking to try different coil packs aswell.

Another thought is it could be a blocked cat. That might explain the lag as I am running hks 2510 turbos it should be extremely resposive.

Any ideas?

as the boost starts to approach 0.5bar it starts to slow down.. if you keep your foot held flat it, it never revvs out nicely on 0.5bar.. it starts missing n the misses seem to get bigger as it revvs out.. also it doesnt just hit 0.5 a bar nicely, it starts slowing down about 0.4bar. the misses arent sporadic like the usual electrical ones that come and go.. its pretty much the same every time, we've cleaned afms, changed spark plugs and checked vacuum leaks...

Edited by jarrod83

Everything seams to be connected properly. We had taken of all the pipig and double checked everything.

Hasn't been dyno tuned yet trying to get her to run properly first.

I actuslly think the base timing is off by 2 degrees so ill check that first thing tomorrow.

Turbos are both spinning fine and i picked up my consult cable today so i will have a look at what the ecu is doing tomorrow.

I have anotherfuel rail so i might swap over regs aswell

Ok so had a play with the GTR on the weekend.

Put on a high flow can changed coil packs. This has helped(Car much more drivable reving a tad quicker) but problem still not sorted.

We got out the trusty old Motec lambda meter and wow on boost she if hitting 0.663 lambda or 9.75afr

We changed over the FPR to another stock one i had and checked the return line for blockages.

My injectors are yellow topped??? If i recall correctly the 32 RB26 stock injectors i sold last month were not yellow.

Could after market injectors be causing the over fueling(Assuming they are after market)?

Also i noticed a regulator type thing on my spare fuel rail on the return line the rail currently on the engine does not have this?? any one know what it is used for?

Any ideas would be a big help.

Did you even check the fuel pressure before swapping out the reg?

Bit silly to swap it without confirming that was the problem...

No i haven't had the ability to check the fuel pressure I will be borrowing a gauge kit to check it.

Reg was swapped due to the top of it being able to rotate which didn't seam right as the spare was on solid.

Not really silly as swapping didn't help meaning more than likely it was not the problem(That is of course assuming the spare is in good working order)

You dont know the spare was in working order, because you haven't tested either... that was my point.

Replacing parts, without the proper checks, will just mean simply that you'll take forever to find the true cause