SAU Community

Opinions

Hey all,

Not a Nissan question but thought I'd get your opinions nonetheless :D

Which car would you guys buy out of a new (or near new) Integra Type R, new (or near new) Mini Cooper S or used (30000-50000kms 2000 model) Honda S2000?

Anyone owned any of these? What do people reckon?

Cheers

Apparantly the S2000 is a real dog..

Mini is very funky, fun as hell to drive even though it doesnt have a lot of power (see the "What's fun and whats too fast?" thread) and would be very popular with the ladies.

Honda Integra.. we don't get the 'jap spec' type r version which is much more powerful.. Honda australia thought they would sneak it past the Australian public and release the TypeR Integra here as basically the type s with a bodykit. Boycott these bastards.

Get the mini :D

Went to Honda the other day and had a look around, saw the Accord Euro there, and apparently it is very nice to drive. I'm going to go back some time and drive it as it looks like a pretty good value car.

Pentae, what do you mean by 'the s2000 is a dog'? Is it unreliable?

Wouldn't mind test driving the mini, I don't like that big Tacho though!

Cheers

minis are girls cars.. don't like 'em (like you care). Whats the big deal about them? Some people say they were "fast" - but compared to what? A pushbike?

TypeR.. yawn, not another integra! They actually bother me now, all show, no real go... every monkey does bad stuff with rice to them.

s2000 are pretty hot with some nice rims and dumped. I'd go for one of them if it was a choice between the ones you list. Although i think the s2000 is a whole different price bracket isn't it ($70k?)

Personally I would'a just kept the S15 :D

p.s. chicks will dig the s2000 the most.. the mini they might be questioning your sexuality :D

hehe lol predator666, the s2000 i'd be looking at is gonna be a 2000 model so will be around 50-55 grand.

I sold the S15 as I wanted a change and was looking to upgrade soon, i've always loved the s2000 though.

if i can find a good example then i think that is what i'd be leaning towards but i just need to be sure abt the practicality factor.

Cheers

The s2000 has shocking handling and not as much power as you think. If you're going to spend 55 grand and want a respectable good looking convertable, i would scrape together 5 grand more and get a used Porsche Boxster. you can find them from as low as 55-60 these days.

Not as powerful as other Porsches by any means, but still quite good as a sports car and definately a better car than the ones you have listed.

Let's also not forget you are on a Skyline forum.. A 98 r33 GTR would probably be the ticket as well.

Originally posted by pentae

The s2000 has shocking handling and not as much power as you think.

Ummm.. I don't think so! Have you actually driven an S2000? Power (like most Honda 4-bangers) is not fantastic low in the rev range, but wind it up past 7000 and its a fantastic rush. Other downsides include reasonably harsh suspension (but hey, that's sports cars generally) and a sucky radio with no clock....

S2200 should be unvieled shortly, so S2000 prices may take a dip...

Edit: Oh, the roof has too hold down clips which are a bit of a bitch if there is only you in the car...

LW.

okay. i will settle this :D

i have driven them all for about 5000kms each, and given them a good work over.

I have to say that sheer fun factor both the s2000 and mini are great. The open top of the s2000 combined with a nice stiff chassis makes it a great driver on a good day. On the other hand, the mini handles like its on rails and you can have a blast, but its really not that quick, and coming from and s15 you will get bored i would say (fwd too).

The old type R feels a bit more hard core than the new one - but both are nice, again tho, fwd takes the fun out of it a bit for me.

if you go the s2000, get the hard top option. It looks hell sexy, and makes the car feel alot nicer to drive on those shitty days.

btw - cant beat the 9000rpm red line from the VTEC's.

Dude my mum drives an Integra so we can count that out right now. Even though it is dam chuckable.

Drove the mini when it came out and it just feels like a 318i, nothing special at all. Yuppie vehicle, looks only.

Have to say the S2000 would be the best even though ive never been in 1. The engine is supposed to be sweet and i think they look great. You are probably used to the s15 shape too which is similar.