SAU Community

Chicken Burgers

debonaire

Alright folks!

I've been in Brisbane about 9 months and keep meaning to go find where you guys hide your schnitzel burgers! In Sydney and Wollongong they're everywhere: only $5ish for glorious mayo-covered monster that you can't fit in your mouth :D I'm in Newmarket, and haven't come across anything like this around the metro/north - do you need to head out east to the more beachy parts or something?

I asked some guys at work:

"Where do you go around here for a mad chicken burger?"

"Um,...theres KFC up the road?"

"No, I mean like a big schnitty"

"....Red Rooster?"

*Facepalm!*

So spill the beans :blink:

I've just moved to brissy recently too, and I've generally found that anyone who grows up in Brisbane, knows very little about Brisbane other than their own locality. :O

Anyways, if you want some awesome chicken burgers you wanna go to the Pavilion in the West End. Absolutely epic burgers.

In fact. I think I might go get some from there this week.

If you want a good schnitty, then hit up Beachhouse bar n grill (http://www.beachhousebargrill.com). I've been to the one in Chermside, but I'd guess the one in the city's got the same sized portions. If you want a cheap filling shnit then you'd probably wanna go for a pub meal or an RSL or something.

i moved back to brissy 6 months ago after living in sydney for 7 years.

funkymonkey is right in that most people will only be familiar to their locality. but i've found that brissy isn't too big on schnitzels...everyone up here just eats maccas and kfc.

choice of food is definitely better down south. i miss the abundance of good indian, thai, japanese, korean and vietnamese food.

oh and if you've just moved up from the southern states... how good is it that these guys have hot n spicy KFC every day of the frikkin year... I thought I had died and gone to heaven when i found out for the first time.

well when i first moved to sydney i thought it was strange they didn't have hot n spicy all year round. the first time i ordered hot n spicy in sydney, the attendant thought i was retarded, rolled her eyes and gave me attitude about just ordering what's on the menu.

but since living in sydney, i've been spoilt with the abundance of variety in food that i don't really eat fast food anymore.

I've just moved to brissy recently too, and I've generally found that anyone who grows up in Brisbane, knows very little about Brisbane other than their own locality. :wub:

Anyways, if you want some awesome chicken burgers you wanna go to the Pavilion in the West End. Absolutely epic burgers.

In fact. I think I might go get some from there this week.

If you want a good schnitty, then hit up Beachhouse bar n grill (http://www.beachhousebargrill.com). I've been to the one in Chermside, but I'd guess the one in the city's got the same sized portions. If you want a cheap filling shnit then you'd probably wanna go for a pub meal or an RSL or something.

+1 for both of these places.

I think if all you Mexicans can't stop finding fault with our town, then piss off back down South!!!

We like it and "most" of us know where the good food is and tend to keep it to ourselves to discourage the non-believers!!!

Having said that, Oporto, and almost every fast food shop I have seen in South East Queensland can make "Schnitzies"

I think if all you Mexicans can't stop finding fault with our town, then piss off back down South!!!

Problem isn't the quality of the food, its the proximity of good food places to each other, like if you wanna decide between indian, chinese, mexican, italian or a pub meal you shouldn't have to drive 10-20km's between em.

Besides... you love us, we bring snootyness and over inflated ego's to your otherwise laid back society. :)

Anyways... so who wants to meet up for a dirty shnitty?

There are more good places than most know, but we're not telling. The quality of fresh produce here means even the most unassuming place is able to produce amazing food.

I might come along for a shnitz though.

Been here for 18 years, was in Melbourne, and, I just cant find a proper Souvlaki joint anywhere.

In Melb, used to go to the Vic Markets in Carlton and get the weekly Souvlaki ahh, much much better than a Kebab, and i aint no Uleh either

Souvlaki is good Greeky food, says Theo and Spiro, and Dimitri !!

Went to checkout Pavilion yesterday, and it was closed! All boarded up and cleared out like a building site :blink:

Oh well, there was a chicken shop across the road that had some good stuff :D

Been here for 18 years, was in Melbourne, and, I just cant find a proper Souvlaki joint anywhere.

In Melb, used to go to the Vic Markets in Carlton and get the weekly Souvlaki ahh, much much better than a Kebab, and i aint no Uleh either

Souvlaki is good Greeky food, says Theo and Spiro, and Dimitri !!

when i lived down in melb for a few yrs I loved stumbling home through prahran and getting a lamb on chapel or malvern in the wee hours... now i have uncle tonys.. wtf processed crap?

is there a real souv shop in brisbane?