SAU Community

Thinking Of Selling Your N/a R34?

JGTC

green p's (P2) in nsw, can drive either auto or manual,

red p's (P1) is restricted to whatever transmission the car has when you do the test.

:devil: here in vic its whatever transmission you did the test in for both red and greens...oh well i pity those fools who did the auto test :thumbsup:

LOL ouch at those laws...

yeah there is a crap load of NA R34's for sale in melb. im still on P's but i dont think id get rid of it after im off. too attached.. must do engine conversion lol

Haha i can see where you're coming from, i reckon i could hold on to mine for up to 5 years, i'm not so much interested in a GT-t unless i'd be taking it for a track day or something, if i were to be upgrading, it'd be a much better car like a GTR or a R8 clubsport. I simply love the tough shape of the R34's not to fussed performance wise.

Haha i speak from absolutely no experience, but i currently drive a 92' Mazda 626 and i've never not enjoyed the performance from it, i was lucky enough to sit in a 2-door GT-V and i was blown away just by the note of the exhaust, so i don't really have a bug for performance, so i'll have to disagree with you till proven otherwise haha, perhaps if i sat in a turbo maybe ill be converted but yeh, lets see.

There is some truth to that statement, but just see how the autos fare on the for sale section is quite poor, you'd know this already but when you get your greens, you can drive any. The last NA R34 auto went for $11k when his original list price was $16500 which is some indication of the demand for autos. Each to their own however, i dont discount your opinion, i simply have a different view.

Cheers for the input,

Danny

That guy was obviously a fool.

What I'm saying is N/A autos are no doubt worth less, and will sell for less, but that does not mean there is less demand for them. The sheer fact that they're cheaper will only increase their demand.

You're spot on there about the lower price increasing the demand, but just to see how elastic the demand is and how price plays such a large factor, it will be incredibly hard to sell a usual R34 auto for anything more than $13-14,000. Manuals will always easier to sell for a higher price than autos, they always have and i think they always will.

You're spot on there about the lower price increasing the demand, but just to see how elastic the demand is and how price plays such a large factor, it will be incredibly hard to sell a usual R34 auto for anything more than $13-14,000. Manuals will always easier to sell for a higher price than autos, they always have and i think they always will.

You've missed the point.

You said autos are harder to sell than manuals. At $15,000, yes they're harder to sell, but you're not buying your auto for that much in the first place. You're buying it for several thousand less, and that doesn't mean it will be more difficult to sell at a later date.

Nobody is selling an auto R34 for under 14K let alone 11-12K atm, unless its got over 120kms on it, everybody who's selling wants around 14-16K which they will never get for it. It is quite difficult to find one for a price you could sell it for the next day. The demand for autos is alot less than manuals unless the price is ridiculously priced. Each to their own its just an opinion.

quite a few on feenin, link in my sig, trying to get a mate out of his beemer into one so i have been checking importers and this guy has found a few nice ones