SAU Community

R35 Gtr Will Push Down R34 Gtr Prices?

OK I'm in the market for a R34 GT-R. Prices aren't too bad atm around $40-50k for a standard/VSPEC or $60 for VSPEC II. Nurs seem to go around $90k. GTR will be out shortly and it will be a while before there is a used GTR car market (at least another 1 year?). Just wonder what the prices of R34s will drop to once you can pick up a R35 for say $100K? If you can pick up a R35 for around $100k why would anyone go for a Nur at around $80k? If Nur goes for $60k that will put more downward pressure on R34s? :ph34r:

OK I'm in the market for a R34 GT-R. Prices aren't too bad atm around $40-50k for a standard/VSPEC or $60 for VSPEC II. Nurs seem to go around $90k. GTR will be out shortly and it will be a while before there is a used GTR car market (at least another 1 year?). Just wonder what the prices of R34s will drop to once you can pick up a R35 for say $100K? If you can pick up a R35 for around $100k why would anyone go for a Nur at around $80k? If Nur goes for $60k that will put more downward pressure on R34s? :ph34r:

you'll be waitting a while befor 35's go to 100k

you'll be waitting a while befor 35's go to 100k

exactly......

apparently they are starting off at 160,00$ once released....

i dont think the R35 will affect the R34 GT-R pricing much.........

age and condition determines the price of a secondhand car; not the fact that a new model is on the market.

as we know, in rare cases, if a car gains 'classic' status they are worth much more than the newer models.

anyway, to your point, the longer you wait, the cheaper your R34 should be.

OK I'm in the market for a R34 GT-R. Prices aren't too bad atm around $40-50k for a standard/VSPEC or $60 for VSPEC II. Nurs seem to go around $90k. GTR will be out shortly and it will be a while before there is a used GTR car market (at least another 1 year?). Just wonder what the prices of R34s will drop to once you can pick up a R35 for say $100K? If you can pick up a R35 for around $100k why would anyone go for a Nur at around $80k? If Nur goes for $60k that will put more downward pressure on R34s? :down:

with the Japanese economy in freefall and huge unemployment numbers increasing steadily, its almost guaranteed that in the foreseeable future the price of R34 GTRs there should fall dramatically (just like luxo car prices have already tumbled here) as more owners get to the position where they have to sell and market is flooded - and don't be put off by local Aussie owners citing any differential in the yen and dollar as the price falls in Japan may make that largely irrelevant in any case - focus on importing your own from Japan in say 6-12 mths time at what may be a bargain basement price

don't buy local without checking out other options fully or you may be paying way too much for no good reason

with the Japanese economy in freefall and huge unemployment numbers increasing steadily, its almost guaranteed that in the foreseeable future the price of R34 GTRs there should fall dramatically (just like luxo car prices have already tumbled here) as more owners get to the position where they have to sell and market is flooded - and don't be put off by local Aussie owners citing any differential in the yen and dollar as the price falls in Japan may make that largely irrelevant in any case - focus on importing your own from Japan in say 6-12 mths time at what may be a bargain basement price

don't buy local without checking out other options fully or you may be paying way too much for no good reason

The way our dollar is going against the Japanese yen, dont expect to import a GT-R that's cheaper than one already here. Good cars with low kms are still fetching big dollars there. I know one person who recently bought a Nur for 5.5 mil yen and that equates to well over 100 grand by the time it's regoed in this country. The only reason why he bought that car in Japan was because of the colour. Other than that, you can buy a nice V Spec II Nur for tens of thousands of dollars less. Cheapest I've seen is about 75k from Carsales.

So what would prople prefer, paying over the top just for the colour, or save yourself big time for a white one.

The new car market has also shrunk in Japan, so the stock at auctions (usually trade-ins on new cars) is also drying up. As mentioned, prices locally are cheaper than you're likely to see in Japan, either now or in 12 months time for R34 GT-Rs. This coming from someone who has a vested interest in saying otherwise...

Prices are so strong for top end 34s over there that I'm seriously considering sending mine back.

The way our dollar is going against the Japanese yen, dont expect to import a GT-R that's cheaper than one already here. Good cars with low kms are still fetching big dollars there. I know one person who recently bought a Nur for 5.5 mil yen and that equates to well over 100 grand by the time it's regoed in this country. The only reason why he bought that car in Japan was because of the colour. Other than that, you can buy a nice V Spec II Nur for tens of thousands of dollars less. Cheapest I've seen is about 75k from Carsales.

So what would prople prefer, paying over the top just for the colour, or save yourself big time for a white one.

Could've bought a nice paintjob with the extra money he spent. Let me guess - Millennium Jade?

My prev comments reflect Japan's Finance Ministry recent statement that the Japanese economy is in very very dire straits and is not predicted to bottom out and begin to recover before 2013 at earliest - while demand anomalies re high end items like R34 gtr may be keeping prices high now its more a case of where will they be in 6, 12 months or 2 years.

And as side issue - notice how Kev used the "depression" word overseas but never domestically?

The difference is, at the upper end of the market, people pay cash for their cars - they don't need to offload them to pay off debts when money gets tight, they just hold on to them and don't upgrade, hence my point earlier.

As far as foreign cars into Japan goes, it has never been a better time to get one, due to the strength of the yen. I had a well heeled Japanese guy excitedly telling me the RRP on the Bentley he subsequently ordered (around $2 mil Aussie) dropped by 25% in the last few months.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wakes up 1/1/10 Price dropped yet??????????????????

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wakes up 1/1/11 Price dropped yet??????????????????

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn

Zzzzz wakes up 30/6/11 OH NO! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???? F#%kin Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missssssssssed It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sh/t Sh/t Sh/t!

the other problem is off loading your current vehicle. I'm really keen on moving up to a GTR as there are some great prices here in Oz, but then on the flip side i've gotta get rid of my car which i'm sure would be tough.

to the importers... forgetting the exchange rate, etc... has the Yen price of the R34 GTR's in Japan dropped much at all? What would the average yen only price for a decent V-Spec and V-Spec II be roughly?

the other problem is off loading your current vehicle. I'm really keen on moving up to a GTR as there are some great prices here in Oz, but then on the flip side i've gotta get rid of my car which i'm sure would be tough.

to the importers... forgetting the exchange rate, etc... has the Yen price of the R34 GTR's in Japan dropped much at all? What would the average yen only price for a decent V-Spec and V-Spec II be roughly?

Im looking at prices compared to say 6-8 months ago and it has dropped but not as heavily as other, more common vehicles.

The purples were all limited editions, but oddly enough they seem to sell for less than other colours at auction. Probably because it's a right b*tch to fix if you scratch one...

^ that's exactly why i wouldn't get an MPIII despite how much i love the car. Looks even better after a detail ey Eugene? ;)

So i thought i'd hunt for an MPII R34 GTR, as that's not a flip paint is it? i thought MPII would be a fairly straight forward paint code to match?

also thought an MPII would go for more in Japan as well.... guess that's not the case.... good for me i guess :P

The purples were all limited editions, but oddly enough they seem to sell for less than other colours at auction. Probably because it's a right b*tch to fix if you scratch one...

well theres just something about the purple that just doesnt seem appealing......to me anyway.

i think the blue is the most popular colour......

but white seems to be the most common.....

but the NUR gold is is my favourite

Edited by eeiko321

Still detailing the car Dan, it's a bitch but someones gotta do it.. lol

I LOVE the MP III. And that's right, it's next to impossible to replicate the colour. I've spent a good 4 months trying to find someone who can get close to matching so I can do the skirts, front lip and pods in the same colour.

I'd say the less MP III around the better so I feel bit more unique! :(

IMG_2185_resize.jpg

Still detailing the car Dan, it's a bitch but someones gotta do it.. lol

I LOVE the MP III. And that's right, it's next to impossible to replicate the colour. I've spent a good 4 months trying to find someone who can get close to matching so I can do the skirts, front lip and pods in the same colour.

I'd say the less MP III around the better so I feel bit more unique! :blink:

Theres one for sale at E & M imports in Haberfield, Sydney....

i think thier asking price is 70,000$ or $75,000.

its been sitting in there for donkeys years..... it seems like they have trouble selling it

im guessing the price factor

Edited by eeiko321