SAU Community

Mallala 4th April

SkyHi_33

Heya guys, who's going out to mallala this weekend?

I have been waiting on my new slotted rotors but no luck :blink: does anyone know where i can get some new ones (cheap) before saturday?

I am fairly strapped for cash as I've already bought some which are on their way but wont be here till late next week... and that's no good.

Got qfm a1rm pads waiting to go in with rotors too. Fire extinguisher ready to go in.

Anything else i need? Cams approved battery & tow stickers?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to go out but the car STILL won't be ready :blink: As for the rotors, have you ordered them yet? If not my mate MAY be able to hook you up with some at a half decent price...

got the money for coils sitting here, just waiting on funds for arms, swaybars, and coolers, rotors and pads have been ordered. *might* need a new transmission, and i wouldnt mind a new diff though...

Love to go out but the car STILL won't be ready :blink: As for the rotors, have you ordered them yet? If not my mate MAY be able to hook you up with some at a half decent price...

I have already paid for mine but as i said they wont be here till late next week so I'm looking to buy some locally if they're available... need a full set (front + rear)

Have got my coil packs sitting here ready to be put in, as well as BA falcon thermo fans.

Should be able to have everything in before Sat, but getting parts is a problem.

Edited by tx3_90

geez by the sounds marko you got it all happening mate

my car is way way far from being on the track

so need to just start doing some serious mods and shit yo lol

so you got that missfiring issure sorted out

BTW is it a grip or drift day?????

Its a grip day.

Yeah i got vy commie coil packs waiting to go in, should fix the misfiring. Its a cheap fix over splitfires but should work till i save up for some decent gear. They're said to handle up to 28psi boost which is nowhere near what I'm running so I'm hoping it works out.

Whats wrong with your car? Mines worse than yours + auto :)

id stick with the vy coilpacks marko, im assuming theyre a waste spark setup? holden coils cost fark all and will be less prone to fail given that theyre not sitting 'in' the engine like nissan/splitfire/superspark coils.

haha you told me bout em hey? yeh its the waste spark setup ones, ill give em a go and see what theyre like... if they hold up might end up sticking with it. They cost me $65 brand new for the whole set (procomp) off ebay. They look and feel quality made, will see how they go.

haha, yeah, it probably was, cant remember much of that day. :)

seen quite a few cars converted to commodore/au falcon coilpack setups, and all of them have taken whatever abuse was thrown at them. the biggest killer of coilpacks is heat, and with the ability to mount the commodore packs away from the engine and heatshield them, they'll last forever.

VERY interested, have never been out to the track before (except for 2 laps as Jim Richard's passenger in his Porsche GT2).

The link provided gives info about drift sessions, is it the same for grip? Do I need tow and battery triangles (actually already got some just need to stick them on)

And WTF is a Cams approved helmet?

How much track time do you actually get?

More info much appreciated :sick:

CAMS Approved helmets are pretty much any approved motorbike helmets you can buy from reputable shops. You wont need triangles for practice sessions.

You get a fair bit of track time for your money, i can't remember how much, i think 30 min sessions? and approximately 5 sessions

And Drift and Grip are held on different days, bikes, carts, cars are held on one day, drift is held separately.

^^ Thanks heaps for the info mate, there are Australian regulations approved helmets on ebay for for $50... will they do?

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ADULT-Full-Face-Mot...%3A1|240%3A1318

I'd probably go if i can get a helmet in time but wouldn't be out there for a full 2 hours or anything, my stock breaks already fade after some time in the hills, I don't think my car would handle that kind of punishment.

Anyone got any advice on taking a near stocker to the track? Is this a bad idea?

I've got the normal bolt ons for power, HKS coilovers, that's it.

the helmet must comply to one or more of the following standards for CAMS use:

AS1698 Australian standard

Snell SA95, SA2000, SA2005 USA standard

SFI Spec 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A USA standard

SFI Spec 24.1 - see Note (i)(d) USA standard

E22 (with 03, 04 or 05 amendments) European standard

BS 6658-85 Type A and A/FR (incl. amendments) British standard

8860-2004 FIA standard

so yep, that helmet should be fine.