SAU Community

Mallala 4th April

SkyHi_33

ok whos the bastard with stripes? i was gonna get something similar but a bit more subtle with mine after the respray :cool:

looking great there guys!

how many laps did the stock brakes last and did anyone run a brake cylinder stopper? anyone run coilovers and what settings worked out for you? soft/hard etc?

my setup is mainly concentrated on brakes and suspension, power later on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you just cal me a bastard :cool:

my graphics were done by drawmycar.com, there is another thread somewhere about them including cost. You can get any color/style you want mate, will still look different.

Either way it's not you are I that started it, like everything else it came from Japan.

There were no lap times recorded on the day.

My stock brakes were fine until the end of the 15 minutes when I was hard on them, after that I tried to use them less (plus was getting more confident around the track).

Was given some good advice by RBWARE about changing pads and brake lines instead of rotors, heard the same form a couple of different drivers actually, was recommended green stuff pads and project mu pads. There was a guy there in a silver focus turbo who had upgraded to DBA gold slotted rotors and said he preferred the stock brakes so I guess rotors aren't everything.

Next time all I will do different is better tires, better pads and new brake fluid the week before the day, if I have the $$$ I will also take RBWARE's advice and get braided brake lines.

Don't wait till your car is perfect (because it will never be, there will always be something else you want to do) just get out there. Was awesome.

Edited by medman2damax

heard the same too bout rotors, i have some qfm a1rm 750deg pads sitting here but thought i might just as well get new rotors as i reckon i have to get mine machined and the pads will probably chew through them quicker anyways.

my car is far from perfect haha, only reason i missed this is coz my pads are so bad that after about 5min through twisties they fade... and are getting low too so yeh. not to worry, will have a few more goodies by next month, think its on the 17th if i recall correctly.

and yes i am calling you a bastard :P haha looks good tho :cool:

^Yeah it looks pretty hot doesn't it :cool:

BTW my $50 ebay helmet was friggin awesome, thank you "made in China"

post-52381-1238846126_thumb.jpg

braided lines are going fairly cheap mate, jump on ns, theres a few sponsors selling ADR approved braided lines for about the $200 mark.

Just found a UK website selling braided line kits for 40 pounds which is under 100 bucks, don't know if they have them for skylines but will see :P

Next practice day is Saturday 16th May.

Edited by medman2damax

Scandy YOU'RE on the road all the time and YOU'RE not ADR approved mate, so what the hell are you talking about.

I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

You sayin I'm black?

EDIT:

I actually meant YOU as in you the person mate, joke :devil:

Edited by medman2damax

I am the owner of the silver R32 GTR, did all 6 sessions best legal fun I've ever had in a car. Got crossdrilled rotors from and back, didn't get any brake pedal to the firewall action till the last minutes of the 6th session (though I wasn't exactly getting up to high speeds only running 10psi). My jap tyres weren't giving me much traction in the last few sessions, to some behind may have looked like I was trying to drift. RBWARE gave me awesome advice about 3->4th gear crunching, delay it a second and it won't crunch.

Just found a UK website selling braided line kits for 40 pounds which is under 100 bucks, don't know if they have them for skylines but will see :devil:

You may want to search around for reviews on the company or the braided lines there - you dont want to be driving hard and then have the lines splitting.

ADR approved ones would be handy when/if you have to go through the whole regency ordeal... I've got ADR approved ones and went through fine.

That black EVO 10 of Corey's is pretty nice and pretty quick, his best time last Sunday was a 1.21.06

It was Corey's Partner who attended the practise day, respectable times too - should be interesting come time for Time Attack Round 2!

The owner of the red TME: its his road car, his white race TME is getting rebuilt - he was out there taking pics. The blue 9 was Ray, he needs to remove the chinese menu off his door! Anyone see how he went?