SAU Community

Skyline Car Club

DIOR 33

No, they can't come after you if you're

a) in another country

and

b) a not for profit organisation OR a multinational OR a company listed on the stock exchange

they can and will, if you cant provide a completely different business or a generic use name. its happened many times here to small businesses with similar names, mcdonalds came after some guy for using his own family name on his biz, mcdonald and it had nothing to do with food either???? anyway, find some names , search them and proceed not haggle on here ;)

Provided you get the not for profit registration and use the business name simply as the relevant referral to the ATO, you won't have any problems at all.

If however you tried to register an international patent, then you'd be in trouble.

Thing is, they could be idiots and try to prevent kellie from registering a .com.au but the hearing would be held in australia and she would win due to the simple fact she's not making a profit.

-D

EDIT - Just remember, the registration in this state stipulates that it only needs to be unique across the australian federation - which means you can get a business name - which means you can register for not for profit status as well as register a .com.au, and for the point of printing up t-shirts and the like, im sure that company would appreciate the free publicity for them via the search engine hits :(

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they can and will, if you cant provide a completely different business or a generic use name. its happened many times here to small businesses with similar names, mcdonalds came after some guy for using his own family name on his biz, mcdonald and it had nothing to do with food either???? anyway, find some names , search them and proceed not haggle on here

You're comparing apples and oranges Troy ;)

That happened because McDonalds is a registered trademark under australian law. Do a search on those two websites for McDonalds and it'll be registered to the conglomerate that owns McDonalds.

Unlike McDonalds, RB Motorsports USA does not have a registered trademark under australian law. If they did, it would appear in the ASIC and IP databases.

Trust me. I know the legal system. Or, if you don't trust me, call up the Office of Consumer and Business affairs (the people that take care of business registration. They will tell you that there is no problem at all...)

-D

EDIT - A good example is www.logitech.com.au - the business behind that registered their Business name and domain name in australia before logitech international - they have been challenged by logitech.com several times and won each and every case.

Edited by Dohmar

The first thing you need is a working committee they sets up the initial working's of the club they and the members pick the name its not done over the web site's its up to the member to structure the working's of the club and its standing order's

ok possibly stupid but why not what the title says? SCC - Skyline Car Club, then any skyline no matter what is in can join?

EDIT- SCC+S ;)

OH AND YAY FOR ME FOR 69 POSTS!

Edited by Minibats

ok possibly stupid but why not what the title says? SCC - Skyline Car Club, then any skyline no matter what is in can join?

EDIT- SCC+S ;)

"SCC and Friends"? RoR

Reminds me of the swedish cracking crew from the old school c64 demoscene

-D

Guys the name is the small part of it

I would more want to know who is willing to back Kellie up and prepared to get there hands dirty.. Who would want to be apart of the committee?? It is rewarding and fun ;)

No committee - No club

Guys the name is the small part of it

I would more want to know who is willing to back Kellie up and prepared to get there hands dirty.. Who would want to be apart of the committee?? It is rewarding and fun ;)

No committee - No club

Im all keen, spoken to kellie already and waiting for a msn add if she wants to chat about it futher before villies friday night. Was in the SA Rotor club and helped out with a few events there with CAMS and Shows so im all for it

That website refers to RB Motorsport in california, USA

as long as its not registered in the business name address in south australia, you can get it ;)

-D

EDIT - its not registered at http://agencysearch.australia.gov.au or http://www.search.asic.gov.au which means its not been taken. Go nuts!

:( whoo i like that

i can organise a domain and hosting if need be
gets my vote fo sho!!

Love the idea, I am totally in, I am the annoying friend (most of you would have one) who messages you at strange hours on a regular basis and wants to go for a cruise.

Seriously though RB motorsport sounds good.

Skylines and fat-assed skylines (AKA stags), maybe other cars should be subject to a majority vote of the commitee? Like if an RB26 powered 350Z wants to join you put it to a vote.

I can't commit to being involved with everything but will be happy to help with events, etc.. from time to time.

Love it, take my money and tell me where to sign.

great idea ;)

Aww Kel :( I understand what your saying but as below when people have to dig into there pockets and pay it can iliminate some of the "idiots"

Yes you would think so but alot of people just join a club so they can get there CAMS licence and belong to a Cams affiliated club we have a few in mine like that :(

Kellie - have your meeting to find the people that are dedicated to making this work...It's really hard to find dedicated committee members and volenteers :no: then when you have enough people to start a club think about membership prices and what you get with your membership. Maybe draw up a coming events calender and should have a get together planned to draw in and get more people involved..

Also you will find the Club is more off the forums or you would hope you guys can have your own subsection that members only that have paid can see -- Have more face to face meets then just chatting on the forum it helps!

we need to talk more

ok people that want to talk on MSN im [email protected] so start adding

i wish u all the best in getting this up and running, but i hope u got some $$$ to get this off the ground!

and i think sausa would be the best bet as you have so many resources!

and also some bases to work with!

ok so for all who is going to attend this meeting on wednesday next week think of some things names ect and bring them along, thanks Minibats for the idea

Edited by Bunny33

one thing to ponder, if all the regulars go off to this club, what will become SAU SA? a ghost town? or will it be a extension of SAU?

Wednesday, hmmm guess I missed out already..lol didnt get a chance to load up MSN.

ok so for all who is going to attend this meeting on wednesday next week think of some things names ect and bring them along, thanks Minibats for the idea

the meeting info? Im going to load up MSN in a min ..lol

anyway!

i wanted to start something different so thats what im sticking with

when i saw this thread i thought someone would pull the thumb out of their arse and get SAU SA organised (seeing as we have SAU VIC, NSW, WA and QLD up and running). The guys I've met in SA are an awesome bunch, and they all were keen to get something official going.

There's plenty of wankers with skylines in VIC, and we still run the club. Its inevitable that they'll join up, but when they do its in the club rules that their membership can be revoked if the committee decides that they are out of line.

That said from the posts you've made it seems that this is more about you than actually starting a club to help the guys on SAU ;) Just remember you need to be SAU SA to operate tightly with this forum. Your personal little car club of hand picked members won't cut it. It needs to be open to the public.

Anyways, this is where I butt out of this thread. Good luck.