Skyline Car Club

DIOR 33

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i saw this thread i thought someone would pull the thumb out of their arse and get SAU SA organised (seeing as we have SAU VIC, NSW, WA and QLD up and running). The guys I've met in SA are an awesome bunch, and they all were keen to get something official going.

There's plenty of wankers with skylines in VIC, and we still run the club. Its inevitable that they'll join up, but when they do its in the club rules that their membership can be revoked if the committee decides that they are out of line.

That said from the posts you've made it seems that this is more about you than actually starting a club to help the guys on SAU ;) Just remember you need to be SAU SA to operate tightly with this forum. Your personal little car club of hand picked members won't cut it. It needs to be open to the public.

Anyways, this is where I butt out of this thread. Good luck.

if it was about me and my friends i wouldnt have come back on here and posted it up i would have done it outside of SAU.

No one else is doing the car club so i will and i will make it work so dont be so rude also who said i was hand picking members and who said it wasnt open to the public.

By the way im one of the SA members you met i organised the cruise to melbourne!

Edited by Bunny33

when i saw this thread i thought someone would pull the thumb out of their arse and get SAU SA organised (seeing as we have SAU VIC, NSW, WA and QLD up and running). The guys I've met in SA are an awesome bunch, and they all were keen to get something official going.

There's plenty of wankers with skylines in VIC, and we still run the club. Its inevitable that they'll join up, but when they do its in the club rules that their membership can be revoked if the committee decides that they are out of line.

That said from the posts you've made it seems that this is more about you than actually starting a club to help the guys on SAU ;) Just remember you need to be SAU SA to operate tightly with this forum. Your personal little car club of hand picked members won't cut it. It needs to be open to the public.

+1

This is the problem with things that Kellie does, eventually she get all big headed and power crazy and starts banning people.

Edited by D_Stirls

Just remember you need to be SAU SA to operate tightly with this forum. Your personal little car club of hand picked members won't cut it. It needs to be open to the public.

I agree, but having just chatted to Kel i know she was being sarcastic... I'd love to see SAU-SA get up and running... I dont think you should butt out, I think you're precisely the sort of person who needs to give us input to succeed..

The main reason she suggested a different name was to disassociate the club (aka an actual business/npo entity) from the dudes who rock around with SAU stickers and hit sideways. Its moreso a fresh start so that members can be vetted in accordance with club policy..

That said, we're having a chat about it now and will endeavour to work out the details. If we can go with SAU-SA it'd be mutually beneficial, its moreso the technicalities that need to be worked out

-D

+1

This is the problem with things that Kellie does, eventually she get all big headed and power crazy and starts banning people.

you have no idea what your talking about mate i have met you once

By the way im one of the SA members you met i organised the cruise to melbourne!

lol yeah i know. you were included in the people i was talking about ;)

but i reckon if you're motivated enough to start an official club, you should use the base you've already built on SAU rather make some seperate thing? strength in numbers and all that. otherwise you risk just being another one of those small groups that you see one year at autosalon, and then never again... it'd be a shame to waste all the motivation.

anyways, I'm sure when you guys sit down as a group and bash brains you'll come up with a good solution that benefits all.

lol yeah i know. you were included in the people i was talking about ;)

but i reckon if you're motivated enough to start an official club, you should use the base you've already built on SAU rather make some seperate thing? strength in numbers and all that. otherwise you risk just being another one of those small groups that you see one year at autosalon, and then never again... it'd be a shame to waste all the motivation.

anyways, I'm sure when you guys sit down as a group and bash brains you'll come up with a good solution that benefits all.

been chatting on MSN to a few boys and yeah the sausa thing is the goer i recon may need some info if thats cool

+1

Stirls man I think that was a lil uncalled for...

She's only ever banned 2 people from her cruises, and that was for a damn good reason...

IF Sau-SA has a chance to get made we need to leave all the prior baggage at the airport and fly away to the equator...

Please people, lets try and get this done.... its gonna be hard, theres going to be teething problems and yes, people are going to disagree - thats fine, as long as its done respectfully.

Kellie probably won't be running the club. She's just the one with the initiative to start the ball rolling. Ideally the club president will be elected by his/her peers. It wont be a dictatorship, thats for sure.

Positive comments will be welcome. Naysayers can direct themselves to /dev/null

-D

+1

lol ok that's a bit of a jump. lets keep the shit slinging to minimum.

been chatting on MSN to a few boys and yeah the sausa thing is the goer i recon may need some info if thats cool

no probs, you can hit me or any of the other SAU VIC/NSW committee for the docos and paperwork and shortcuts when we had to get our CAMS affiliation when you guys decide what to do.

you have no idea what your talking about mate i have met you once

A few times actually. The first time was when you were telling people that you know every thing about brakes rotors because you worked at Auto Bahn.

The second time was at the only one of your cruises I went on where we drove for 45 minutes and stood around in car parks waiting for 2.5 hours, where I also witnessed drivers openly drinking Alcohol.

Anyhow as with Chad i'm happy in the car club I'm in at the moment so i don;t have anything else to say in here.

Edited by D_Stirls

lol yeah i know. you were included in the people i was talking about :(

Ive never seen anything wrong with a small car club. Then its more tighter, you help anyone within the club instead of forming little tight circles with the people you like, easier to organise events, keep under the radar aswell as you minimise the idiots ;)

A few times actually. The first time was when you were telling people that you know every thing about brakes rotors because you worked at Auto Bahn.

The second time was at the only one of your cruises I went on where we drove for 45 minutes and stood around in car parks waiting for 2.5 hours, where I also witnessed drivers openly drinking Alcohol.

Anyhow as with Chad i'm happy in the car club I'm in at the moment so i don;t have anything else to say in here.

Thanks for clarifying that. If you'd like to join once we're established, the door will still be open

-D

EDIT - I'd just like to clarify that kellie's previous cruises were open events - she cant honestly be expected to police or be responsible for the people that came along.

Edited by Dohmar

Stirls man I think that was a lil uncalled for...

She's only ever banned 2 people from her cruises, and that was for a damn good reason...

IF Sau-SA has a chance to get made we need to leave all the prior baggage at the airport and fly away to the equator...

Please people, lets try and get this done.... its gonna be hard, theres going to be teething problems and yes, people are going to disagree - thats fine, as long as its done respectfully.

Kellie probably won't be running the club. She's just the one with the initiative to start the ball rolling. Ideally the club president will be elected by his/her peers. It wont be a dictatorship, thats for sure.

Positive comments will be welcome. Naysayers can direct themselves to /dev/null

-D

i have said this already in a MSN convo i wont be president unless voted in im mearly getting the ball rolling

I'm staying clear of this, but I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Just know I don't really think it's wise or respectful if you are setting up a separate entity outside of SAU and are recruiting members for it via the SAU website. If you are planning on carrying the SAUSA banner, the first thing I'd be doing is contacting Christian (Prank) and getting his approval/blessings... just my 0.02 cents worth

I'm staying clear of this, but I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Just know I don't really think it's wise or respectful if you are setting up a separate entity outside of SAU and are recruiting members for it via the SAU website. If you are planning on carrying the SAUSA banner, the first thing I'd be doing is contacting Christian (Prank) and getting his approval/blessings... just my 0.02 cents worth

I can assure you that its not the case luke. We will be SAU-SA pending Christians approval (which has been requested already).

We also have funkymonkey assisting us, and I'll be overseeing the construction of the club as impartially as possible.

The organisation will be transparent and open to all. Naturally there are loads of things to clarify now but I'm not willing to go into it until we have the blessing of the man who started this site.

Stay tuned.

-D

Sounds like great idea have been waiting to join a car club.

Not many of you on here know me only a few of the stag owners do as i have only had an import for a few months. but cant wait to meet a few more of you. I also think its great idea to have the stags in aswell