SAU Community

Skyline Car Club

DIOR 33

a club is going to need someone that can spell, use grammar, and also be a nice person in general.

as for the people saying 'good to get the ball rolling', im pretty sure the sausa ball has been rolling for a long time, it just hasnt taken anyone out along the way.

no worries, and everyone i pass on the way out ill tell not to join any sau club :)

This type of BS is not not needed!! :P

Yes I know he has been given a holiday but you guys really need to start ignoring BS more..No comment and ignoring speaks louder!!!

I learnt the hard way that argueing on the forum is GHEY!! It means nothing and just put potential people off!!

Dont comment just report!!!! then the great threads like this one dont TURN TO SH#T!!!

Great ideas with Logos guys!! Looks like its coming along and has good people ready and willing to get involved!! ;)

Start thiking about the things you want the club to be for you..i.e shows, track,social, driver training, dyno comps, cruises, roadtrips and intergrating with others clubs events!! All things that can be brought to the meeting..

So exciting!! It's looking great Kel!! :P

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10/10

I want one NOW! :)

I'd like a long windshield version of that... aka the long sticker u put at the very top of the windscreen

like : { SAUSA:skylinesaustralia.com ]

would be phatter than oprah after twinkies

-D

Great ideas with Logos guys!! Looks like its coming along and has good people ready and willing to get involved!! :)

Start thiking about the things you want the club to be for you..i.e shows, track,social, driver training, dyno comps, cruises, roadtrips and intergrating with others clubs events!! All things that can be brought to the meeting..

So exciting!! It's looking great Kel!! ;)

Thanx babe im really excited about this

So im thinking that because i have started the ball rolling i appoint myself as organiser only sort of like a chair person for the moment so that means i will be heading the meetings for now and collecting information off you all at meetings and take notes of the meetings as well, until such time we have a VOTED in president and so on.

if anyone objects to this please say now or if you just have a say on the situation!!

honestly i cant be bothered reading past the first page..

yes i dont have a skyline.. but i have taken part in starting a car club in sa, as well has been part of a large one that went under many years back. so take my advice or leave it.

first of all dont contradict urself. if u just want skylines, excellent. only except skylines, if u start making exceptions with stageas and ceffy's, where do u draw the line. rb silvias? before u know it u have achieved nothing and will be back to sau.

audience; excluding cars is a risk. look at sau and ns.com. yes its oriented around those models, but anyone can come and go. it will always have the skyline/silvia theme. but that doesnt stop people. if u exclude people. u limit how the club will grow. it will increase in size initially and then plateau, simily coz there isnt the numbers in sa to maintain such a specific club. i mean look at the sa section of sau atm. its one of the smallest 'clubs' in sa. and u want to future divide it into segments??

idiots are everywhere. yes u will get them in ur club. as skylines arnt idiot proof, as some of u may wish it is the case.

dont emphasise on a name, really doesnt mean much, just have nothing gay. personally i hate SAUSA, similar to PGA-SA. so basically ur club will be called SKYLINES AUSTRALIA SOUTH AUSTRALIA. its redundant.

end of the day, u could have the perfect name, perfect set of cars, perfect cruises, not bitching.. but it all comes down to politics. if an admin/mod goes emo and ditches the club at a bad time. or like what is happening now. a group wana go off and start their own thing. it will fail

honestly, u dont realise how much money and time u will incur. hosting fee. then purchasing a forum board, bi-annual renewal. banners, mechandise, advertising. then u have to spend months setting up the forums initially, hosting, settings. and everyday checking, moderating the site. time is money, so u will need to apoint mod teams. its not a easy task.

basically, its much easier and simpler to just join a club that already exists. all the hard work already done. and after all its adelaide. the car scene is scattered. u wont pull the numbers to keep it going. believe, ive been there.

however if ur prepared to put in the hard yards.. and have a edge so peope actually wana join and not leave. ie, GOOD crusies, none of this poser shit. then go for it. hell i havnt even gotten around to closing the club engage domain yet. could re-vamp that if u wanted to..

-> stevep

despite a few point written were not one we all wanted to hear, but its just reality and steves got some good points.

descisions need to be made about numerous things and need to be 'dead set' rather than 'flexible'

however, with all the good feedback from most SAU members, it looks like this club might just be worthwhile!

(edit) perhaps at the meeting, find some willing volunteers with different skills/professions/experience to put it all together?

Edited by Unit Zero

im happy for you to take care of the initial setup kell... you have fire in ur belly, and i reckon with the backup of the ppl that offered help, this will work

thanx hun :)

yes i dont have a skyline.. but i have taken part in starting a car club in sa, as well has been part of a large one that went under many years back. so take my advice or leave it.

first of all dont contradict urself. if u just want skylines, excellent. only except skylines, if u start making exceptions with stageas and ceffy's, where do u draw the line. rb silvias? before u know it u have achieved nothing and will be back to sau.

audience; excluding cars is a risk. look at sau and ns.com. yes its oriented around those models, but anyone can come and go. it will always have the skyline/silvia theme. but that doesnt stop people. if u exclude people. u limit how the club will grow. it will increase in size initially and then plateau, simily coz there isnt the numbers in sa to maintain such a specific club. i mean look at the sa section of sau atm. its one of the smallest 'clubs' in sa. and u want to future divide it into segments??

idiots are everywhere. yes u will get them in ur club. as skylines arnt idiot proof, as some of u may wish it is the case.

dont emphasise on a name, really doesnt mean much, just have nothing gay. personally i hate SAUSA, similar to PGA-SA. so basically ur club will be called SKYLINES AUSTRALIA SOUTH AUSTRALIA. its redundant.

end of the day, u could have the perfect name, perfect set of cars, perfect cruises, not bitching.. but it all comes down to politics. if an admin/mod goes emo and ditches the club at a bad time. or like what is happening now. a group wana go off and start their own thing. it will fail

honestly, u dont realise how much money and time u will incur. hosting fee. then purchasing a forum board, bi-annual renewal. banners, mechandise, advertising. then u have to spend months setting up the forums initially, hosting, settings. and everyday checking, moderating the site. time is money, so u will need to apoint mod teams. its not a easy task.

basically, its much easier and simpler to just join a club that already exists. all the hard work already done. and after all its adelaide. the car scene is scattered. u wont pull the numbers to keep it going. believe, ive been there.

however if ur prepared to put in the hard yards.. and have a edge so peope actually wana join and not leave. ie, GOOD crusies, none of this poser shit. then go for it. hell i havnt even gotten around to closing the club engage domain yet. could re-vamp that if u wanted to..

how much more spot on can one person be?

thats 100% correct..

all this new club stuff is because of the new F&F coming out aint it :)

lol

anyway good luck with it all, would be nice to have a proper club. i only have a 31 left so i doubt i would join, but you never know what car i might get next ;)

+1 (or technically plus..... like 10)

This guy knows what he's doing.

well steve has very good points and what he says is true but i am willing to go the hard yards for this and i have been in clubs befir and they are really good to be apart of

Those who are interested in motorsport you can't beat Nissan Datsun Car Club (NDCCSA). $50 single or family membership is damn cheap CAMS affiliated, might be worth trying to structure the membership fees around NDCCSA.

http://www.nissandatsuncarclubsa.com/

May be worth while looking in to becoming affiliated with MSCA as its an invaluable addition to a car club. Makes for a great day racing against some exotics, great fun handing it to a dodge viper!! ;)

http://www.mscasa.com/

http://www.mscasa.com/results/2009/results_round1.html

Some very quick cars out there.

IMO no affiliation with MSCA = loose. :P

--- Hope all goes well with the car club. The biggest issue is the liability side of things on cruises etc. Be careful make sure you cover yo ass if its more of a social club than motorsport.

DSC_8402.JPGDSC_8437.JPG

hrmmm NDCCSA seems good! i might join them so does this mean my SAU sticker comes off if it does turn into a club? :)

dont know if a name has been decided...just some ideas ----->"SSPowaC" (SkylineStageaPowaClub) or "SSPowerC" (SkylineStageaPowerClub)

*SSPowerC* or *SSPowaC*

*SSMotorsportC*

Very keen :(

dont know if a name has been decided...just some ideas ----->"SSPowaC" (SkylineStageaPowaClub) or "SSPowerC" (SkylineStageaPowerClub)

*SSPowerC* or *SSPowaC*

*SSMotorsportC*

Very keen :(

If its gonna be anything, it will most likely be SAU:SA (Skylines Australia : South Australia), to fall in line with the other clubs on the SAU forum.

OT, but why are you apologising to Ruby in your sig?

OT, but why are you apologising to Ruby in your sig?

An incident that happened earlier. I've since blocked his PMs, so he hasn't been able to contact me.

Nice to see you're man enough to apologise on the forums. I hadn't noticed your sig until Damo pointed it out.

You're one of the rare few to apologise :(