SAU Community

Today Tonight- I Sent A Email Regarding The Car Scene....

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we better cancel the f1, moto gp, super bikes, indy etc etc oh the the supertaxi's as well. they do the most damange to the psychies of our

youth as they look like cars they may own, as "we think some idiots try to emulate those deep and meaningful" actions that our motor sport

identities conduct on the track.

forget about the tourists and international media these events bring with them and the local entertainment they provide.

good on ya mate.

My letter to Mr G Archer to-night reads...

"Hello Graham,

I belong to a couple of Motor Car Forums as an enthusiast.

I find it most unfortunate; in fact ignorant that your TT show did NOT make any distinction between Enthusiast and Hoon. Have you never seen the Shannons Car Insurance Ads before? Do you think that the guy with the GoGoMobile is a Hoon or an Enthusiast? Or the GT Falcon owner for that matter?

I am a co-host of the 10th ANNIVERSARY of the NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-R Event that is happening on the 26th of this month. There are about 100 cars going to this, including little kids strapped up in their seat belts.

The other co-host and I have a collective age of 100 years. And can I assure you that we drive much more sedately that Gentleman Jim (Richards) another enthusiast. Can I ask you if you have picked up the difference yet?

Yours Sincerely,

Terry ****-*** B.Pharmacy, B.A. (Psych), JP"

Maybe someone should invite a TT or ACA reporter on a cruise to see what the good car enthusiasts are like and see what they do for charitey etc help give them and insight to our "World"...

Might be a good idea ?

TT and ACA are two of the most brilliantly satirical programs on TV, right up there with Fox (Faux) News.

If you think you've any hope out of talking reason into them, you may as well give up now. These shows are targeted at people who read the Herald Sun. Their fair and unbalanced reporting style, such as ambushing a target on their daily routine by shoving a camera into their face is well loved and emulated around the world.

As well as using stock footage from the USA and Japan on their 3 monthly 'hoon' stories, (or any other 'issue of the moment), They don't deal in cold, hard facts or any sort of journalistic or ethical integrity. Look how they strip mine every disastarous world event, and constantly quote dubious or 'anonymous' sources.

What I'm trying to get at though, is that you've little chance of getting either one to do a fair report on us, most likely they would do some interviews, then cut and edit to make us look even worse than now. You all should know full well that no matter whether you drive an R34 V-Spec 2 or a shitty old aussie R31, we're going to get lumped in with the chopped springs and stockies crowd by these narrow minded programs.

Pharmacy and Psychology, what a great combo lol

Terry could fark you up, fix you up then fark you up again all before you even noticed you were naked.

Mmm the red or blue pill?

Little wonder the man talks in riddles half the time.

Ok, great work sticking it to them but,

1. What did you expect them to say. As has been said before we are a minority and it is so much easier telling people what they wanna hear than to rock the boat with stories that are ACTUALLY TRUE!

2. If they did want to do a story on us, do you think that it would end in our favour? They would twist our words and cut up footage so much and in the end would make us worse off!!

3. I CAN"T BELIEVE PEOPLE WATCH THAT OVERBLOWN CRAP!!! Its just another tv show catering to middle age housewives who want to believe that the world is a fantasy land with sob stories. Its pretty much the tv version of woman's day!!

LMAO!

Since you said, it's so true.

My email to the noober.

G,day, My name is Mark and I am 43 yrs old, Thankyou for taring me with the same brush as 18yr old idiots, One of the cars I own is used as a daily driver, this same car is also used to do charity cruises with my car club, your poorly put together episodes has now targeted my car as a hoon car.

I'm just amazed that you still have a job with the rubbish you deal out, with your skills you may be able to get a job cleaning toilets if you become unemployed, but then the toilets would have more waste on them after you finished if you opened your mouth over the bowl.

Have a nice day.

Mark.

Maybe someone should invite a TT or ACA reporter on a cruise to see what the good car enthusiasts are like and see what they do for charitey etc help give them and insight to our "World"...

Might be a good idea ?

Nah, they will still make it look bad.

They will show like 1 scene from the actual cruise, then cut to some initial D footage or something & say this is how the cruise ended up with, people doing "illegal" drifts in a area that doesn't exist in AU... with cars that wasn't in the cruise.

I do like the idea of flooding their e-mail boxes though :ermm:

Edited by Mayuri Krab