SAU Community

Sau-vic Annual Great Ocean Road Cruise 04/04/09 Wrap Up

ashneel

Who's car is this?

3410757711_fed36cc8b0_b.jpg

I love it

That's Ben's (TOPG34R).

That's his first Skyline and he only picked it up on Thurday or was it Friday.

Very nice 34R! :blink:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now im really kicking myself i couldnt make it. seems there was tits and arse action apparently? :blink: il deff make the next meet tho, with new skirts :D (the only reason i didnt make it this time)

racist member only shit :D

when's the next gor cruise planned?

LOL join the club and stop whinging :blink:

Next GOR cruise is next year dude, but hopefully will be a Black Spur cruise later in the year.

Yea that was me mate :) Had to try real hard lol

Hey Kris, did I meet you at the fish n' chip shop at Apollo Bay?

What an awesome weekend!!!

Had so much fun!

Thanks to all that came and made the cruise worthwhile. Even though half the people piked, we still had 23 cars for Day 1 and about 8 cars on Day 2.

BIG applause for "top effort" goes to Beza, who gave me a call at 8pm saying that he finally fixed his car and was leaving Knox to join us at Apollo Bay; he arrived at 11:45pm.

Day 2 was wet, cold and windy, but still incredibly fun. Not as much traffic to contend with and some awesome roads after Apollo Bay.

Thanks again to all that attended, hope you all enjoyed the weekend and see you at the next one.

PICS look great!

Thanks for running the cruise Al. Awesome day. Did you guys go through the Otways back to Melb?

That's Ben's (TOPG34R).

Very nice 34R! :)

+1

Where was he at Apollo Bay? Didn't see him at the pier lineup. Maybe he was at the "boatramp" instead of the "pier"... lol inside cb radio joke sorry

That's Ben's (TOPG34R).

Very nice 34R! :blink:

Yeah i love Bens word play with the number plate.

racist member only shit :blink:

:D to NS.com bums!

SAU-Vic membership seems to alleviate nicely the 'muppet' car owners/drivers ;)

Not say you are on of course... $50 for a year of fully insured cruises, events, cheaper servicing/parts through club supports etc...

Makes no sense not to be a part of it :)

Sounds like a great event once again, ive been suck in my house for two days working till all hours :)

The turbo RWDs were keeping up quite well with the R's. Must be the 150kg or so weight of the AWD system counteracting any AWD benefits on very tight tracks. I have to say I was impressed also by the red stock M3. When he rocked up I was like, who the hell is this guy lol. Kept up very well on the twisties.

For those thinking of getting a CB radio for the next cruise, I really would suggest getting at least a 3W one (like the Digitech posted in the group buy), or even better a 5W one, like the $90 delivered-to-your door 5watt FD-450A or FD-460A off eBay. JamesK and I are extremely satisfied with these, and the price is around 1/3 of what you will pay in Melbourne. It was really obvious on the GOR cruise that the lower power handsets eg., 0.5 or 1w ones were inadequate. I would say something, then would only get static in response due to poor transmission power from the person replying.

of course a RWD car would keep up, why wouldnt it?

its not like having AWD makes the car twice as quick

just means when you loose traction, you have twice the contact area

and im with tharaka, i thought it was TPG too haha

as in like he owned TPG or something

of course a RWD car would keep up, why wouldnt it?

its not like having AWD makes the car twice as quick

just means when you loose traction, you have twice the contact area

No, I meant I was surprised because GTS-Ts were keeping up with GTRs. Obviously the Rs had more power and better stock brakes/suspension as well as AWD. I would've thought there would've been more of a difference. I guess the GTR's greater weight offsets a bit of that advantage though, especially in the twisties.

Evos/Stis own mountain trails. Don't like to say it, but we would probably have been overtaken if they'd been out rollin in the mountains. Always thought it was cuz of their AWD, but obviously it's not the whole story I guess. The argument about whether the weight of an AWD system justifies its use on certain tracks.

Hey Kris, did I meet you at the fish n' chip shop at Apollo Bay?

You got the silver R34 GTR ey? Yea i went in and spoke to Al. Ive met you before at the Kamikaze Motors Dyno Day.

damn, pissed off i couldn't make it but my car wasn't up for a big cruise at the moment, its in the middle of getting new tyres and a service and new dump pipe and cat, also just put in some nismo s tune suspension, so it will be ready for the next cruise.i cant wait :blink:

You got the silver R34 GTR ey? Yea i went in and spoke to Al. Ive met you before at the Kamikaze Motors Dyno Day.

Oh yeah, that's right. Thought you looked familiar. My memory's going... Nice to see you again yesterday.

Did your brakes recover after the Otways?

BTW, what's the forum name of the M3 driver? Really nice guy. Was following him through most of GOR.

oh man...my back is killling mee!! lol...Bride seat + Coilovers + bumpy ass roads = so so soore

BIG - UPS to AL - mate you are a true gentlemen and a champion - Monique and i thank you for your efforts in organizing a fantastic weekend.

And cheers to all others that i met too - was a wicked weekend, great people, great cars, great roads, couldn't ask for a better getaway.

Highlights of the weekend:

- Beza u crazy mofo for driving up in the middle of the night cops and all

- JamesK and your rainbow lights LMAO dude that was the funniest shit ever!

- Beza wit the sleeping bag at the 2 apostles so ghetto man lol

- JoeyJoeJoe with the crazy overtaking manuvour on the worst stretch of road possible. Man if u hadda braked we'd both be dead for sure hahaha

Oh and i'm still waiting for the JamesK thread to be up and running lmao

First club event i've ever been too and it far surpassed my expectations, definitely coming to as many meets/cruises/track days as possible now

Cheers to all for the great weekend :blink:

- WOOSAH -