SAU Community

Sau-vic Annual Great Ocean Road Cruise 04/04/09 Wrap Up

ashneel

cant belive i missed this ... sounds like a heap of fun.

i set off for Warrnambool on friday night, i could of waited one more day and taken a detour would of been mad fun!

but my wagon would of ruined the line up pics haha

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man...my back is killling mee!! lol...Bride seat + Coilovers + bumpy ass roads = so so soore

BIG - UPS to AL - mate you are a true gentlemen and a champion - Monique and i thank you for your efforts in organizing a fantastic weekend.

And cheers to all others that i met too - was a wicked weekend, great people, great cars, great roads, couldn't ask for a better getaway.

Highlights of the weekend:

- Beza u crazy mofo for driving up in the middle of the night cops and all

- JamesK and your rainbow lights LMAO dude that was the funniest shit ever!

- Beza wit the sleeping bag at the 2 apostles so ghetto man lol

- JoeyJoeJoe with the crazy overtaking manuvour on the worst stretch of road possible. Man if u hadda braked we'd both be dead for sure hahaha

Oh and i'm still waiting for the JamesK thread to be up and running lmao

First club event i've ever been too and it far surpassed my expectations, definitely coming to as many meets/cruises/track days as possible now

Cheers to all for the great weekend :blink:

- WOOSAH -

Yea JamesK is crazy. Saw me overtake so he went for it after me... and didnt see the car coming from the other direction lol.

oh man...my back is killling mee!! lol...Bride seat + Coilovers + bumpy ass roads = so so soore

I had stock suspension and stock Recaros and even my back's sore, so couldn't imagine what yours'd be like.

cant belive i missed this ... sounds like a heap of fun.

i set off for Warrnambool on friday night, i could of waited one more day and taken a detour would of been mad fun!

but my wagon would of ruined the line up pics haha

Huh? Did you just forget the date or something? Would've been good to have a stag on the cruise. The lineup would've been fine. Just park at the end with the odd one out - M3 lol.

I had stock suspension and stock Recaros and even my back's sore, so couldn't imagine what yours'd be like.

yeh man, pretty sore. funny thing is my left foot foot joint is sore from throttle control. Whomever that was in the white R34 GTT in front of me on the GOR going to Apollo Bay - DUDE, wth were you doing booting it then slowing right down to 20km/h??? There were about 8 cars behind me and that got quite tiring after while man!

The soreness was well worth it tho. Lucky we took the inland route on the way home, if we hadda taken the GOR on the way back i'd probably be in a wheelchair now lol

yeh man, pretty sore. funny thing is my left foot foot joint is sore from throttle control. Whomever that was in the white R34 GTT in front of me on the GOR going to Apollo Bay - DUDE, wth were you doing booting it then slowing right down to 20km/h??? There were about 8 cars behind me and that got quite tiring after while man!

I'm not quite sure why your left foot is sore... you mean u use left foot braking???

LOL his engine was overheating... who knows?? I was at the back of the pack, so didn't see it. Just thought the quick spurts were people overtaking slow non-SAU cars.

black/metalic grey with red P and sau stickers on quarter panel.. somewhere near geelong haha

yeah i saw u and hooted/flashed lights when i saw you go past lol.

Big thanks to Al for contiuning running the cruise and for staying awake till i arrived at night with the skyline convoy lights on haha.

was a wicked weekend! glad i came down. got pulled over twice on the way up there but all was good. pretty sure my rear bar is whtie at the bottom again. lol was a good cruise home aswell, cruised with WOOSAH. nice meeting ya all.

NA POWER FTW LOLOL

btw jamesk i cant wait to see that video footage. did you get any pringles? :blink:

Thanks Al for the organisation, was a great day, great drive up and great drive back,

Though i did see some very stupid things on the way up there, just shows how much the club has changed since 6 or 7 years ago when we actually did cruise the GOR and not see who was the first one to Apollo Bay?????

Thats enough of my RANT, thanks again guys, awsome day

Hey Mizzi, we also had some fun with that bus...lol....was quite funny though it wasnt the same bus that was at the servo.:D cause that would have been more exciting

racist member only shit :blink:

when's the next gor cruise planned?

some nice cars there but CNBLOW just looks right in every way love how it looks!

are they just stockies painted black on it?

Thanks for the comments mate, yeah they are the standard wheels powder coated black!

I'm not quite sure why your left foot is sore... you mean u use left foot braking???

LOL his engine was overheating... who knows?? I was at the back of the pack, so didn't see it. Just thought the quick spurts were people overtaking slow non-SAU cars.

WOOPS i mean my right foot (left-right-left-right...) is sore from all the throttle control..kinda weird

And nah i dont think it was overheating, he was just slowing down so that he could punch it for a couple of turns before he caught up to the cars in front. Got pretty damn irritating after awhile of repeatedly going 2nd - 3rd - 4th, 3rd - 2nd...3rd - 4th....well, you get the picture

yeah i saw u and hooted/flashed lights when i saw you go past lol.

Big thanks to Al for contiuning running the cruise and for staying awake till i arrived at night with the skyline convoy lights on haha.

was a wicked weekend! glad i came down. got pulled over twice on the way up there but all was good. pretty sure my rear bar is whtie at the bottom again. lol was a good cruise home aswell, cruised with WOOSAH. nice meeting ya all.

NA POWER FTW LOLOL

btw jamesk i cant wait to see that video footage. did you get any pringles? :blink:

ey man, was good cruising home with ya too - no police problems getting home?

Big props for coming up in the middle of the night too - great effort!

ey man, was good cruising home with ya too - no police problems getting home?

Big props for coming up in the middle of the night too - great effort!

nah no problems just freewayed it up. although my gps was stuffing up the backlight was turning on and off so i couldnt see where i was going lol.

cheers :blink: i been waiting for this cruise since details came out, and i made it :D

was a wicked weekend! glad i came down. got pulled over twice on the way up there but all was good.

Where did the cops get you? That's unlucky. We didn't have cop troubles during the day.

first one was a divy van through geelong then second one was a 4WD cop on GOR. i came up at night as my car starter motor was stuffed all day/ electrical problem @ first then related to the whole thing. i left at 8pm saturday night, so there were a few cops out. but made it there in the end without trouble

saw some of the cruise heading back to melb before, :blink: i couldnt be there
If there was a bright red R33 followed by 8 other Skylines, that would have been us; between Colac and Geelong.

By the time i saw you and realised it was another 33, i was almost too late to wave hi.

Weren't you supposed to meet up with us in Point campbell?

Nam was i the only one cought by surprise and shitting myself, when a cop walked between our two cars and asked you to "move the car unless you wanted a ticket"? Then to see a cop car heading to the same spot, as the whole group of Skylines were turning left at that round-about :blink:

That's about as much trouble we had with law enforcement. To be fair, i was having trouble with my GPS freezing and Nam was double parked beside me, on the main street, as he was helping me out :D. Not the best thing to do when you're a block away from the Police station.

The best bit:

I completed the whole 2 day cruise, from the BP meet point to home, with the same tank of fuel and still wasn't on empty. That's almost 500km with a fair whack of "spirited driving"! :D:blink: