SAU Community

Sau-vic Annual Great Ocean Road Cruise 04/04/09 Wrap Up

ashneel

hey blake.... that beemer was nice in the twisties man.... impressed a lot of people! :)

:thumbsuo:

Thanks mate, you guys are nuts! love it!! :) such a great group of ppl :)

Hey Blake, I met you in Apollo Bay. Was tailing you for a bit on GOR in the silver R34 GTR.

How's your boot subbie going? Hopefully u didn't rip out all the wires when you were thrashing it :D

Now that you're a member you should definitely join us on future cruises. Nice to have some variety.

Hey mate your GTR is so clean! subs upsidedown where the spare tire should go as usual haha :D

I'll deffinatly be coming to the next one, was such a great day, tho next time stage2 :)

BLAKE AuST

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guyz,

Late response but just wanted to say I had a great first introduction cruise with the SAU Club.

Thanks for the comment Mr. Oizo

Also, was that you behind me NZMO through the GOR? If so, love the look of the bonnet in the rear view. (Was meaning to say Hi)

As Al mentioned, literally picked the car up on Friday (transported down from Brisbane), had my custom registration done on Friday and also brand

spanking new rubber Friday night.

Was a krazy day for me trying to get things ready in time just so I had the opportunity to attend but it all worked out in the end.

The day was certainly run well and converting to the darkside (STI to GTR) and getting to know her (First Nissan/GTR owned and driven) was a great

experience and also the opportunity to scrub in the tyres (Little hairy for the first half of the run with tyres sliding).

Look forward to the next event & more!

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben. Your car was awesome, and totally love the plates.

But didn't see you at the Apollo Bay pier lineup?

How does going from Sti to R34 GTR feel? I'm going to swap my R34 GTR in a few years for a "family" car - likely going to be an AWD 4-door, probably an Evo X. I wanted to have something almost as fun to drive as the GTR, but with a boot and 4 doors. Just wondering how much of a difference it made making the switch. I heard that EVOs/STIs are dynamically better in the twisties than the larger and heavier GTRs, but don't know from experience.

Hope to see you and the car at later cruises.

Cheers.

Hi Guyz,

Late response but just wanted to say I had a great first introduction cruise with the SAU Club.

Thanks for the comment Mr. Oizo

Also, was that you behind me NZMO through the GOR? If so, love the look of the bonnet in the rear view. (Was meaning to say Hi)

As Al mentioned, literally picked the car up on Friday (transported down from Brisbane), had my custom registration done on Friday and also brand

spanking new rubber Friday night.

Was a krazy day for me trying to get things ready in time just so I had the opportunity to attend but it all worked out in the end.

The day was certainly run well and converting to the darkside (STI to GTR) and getting to know her (First Nissan/GTR owned and driven) was a great

experience and also the opportunity to scrub in the tyres (Little hairy for the first half of the run with tyres sliding).

Look forward to the next event & more!

Cheers,

Ben

Cheers mate! Which GTR were you in? (Currently mind overload sorry with understanding real names vs forum names vs cars driven considering my first outing)

As the GOR cruise was touch and go for me I didnt have time to pre-plan an overnight stay or even the extended stay at Apollo bay; so unfortunately after we hit Apollo bay and lunch I had to leave shortly after. Next time I'll be there for the entire trip with bells on!

The transition from the STI to the GTR is certainly an interesting one. The STI certainly feels very punchy and is definetely a weapon with tighter circuits due to shortened wheelbase & weight reduction. However the GTR has a nice firm stance on the road & what feels like greater stability in high speed corners. With the 6 cyclinder vs 4 cyclinder there is no competition especially above 100kph with the STI running out of puff very quickly. Mind you this is all relative, as my STI had just under 200kw at all fours, vs the GTR having 270-290kw at the rears in current form. In the end, to each their own, and no doubt an STI/EVO would be a gr8 car if needing 4 doors! I certainly wouldnt hesitate owning a late model STI or EVO again.

Once I tweak the GTR suspension to suit my driving style I'll be able to give a better comparison also as I had my STI handling like it was on rails.

Yeah kool man, I'm certainly looking forward to the next outing also so c u around!

Ben

Hi Ben. Your car was awesome, and totally love the plates.

But didn't see you at the Apollo Bay pier lineup?

How does going from Sti to R34 GTR feel? I'm going to swap my R34 GTR in a few years for a "family" car - likely going to be an AWD 4-door, probably an Evo X. I wanted to have something almost as fun to drive as the GTR, but with a boot and 4 doors. Just wondering how much of a difference it made making the switch. I heard that EVOs/STIs are dynamically better in the twisties than the larger and heavier GTRs, but don't know from experience.

Hope to see you and the car at later cruises.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. There were I think four R34 GTRs on the cruise: yours, Aaron's weapon - white with the black CF bonnet, Mizzi's stock Nur and mine (the totally stock-looking silver one... from outside at least :banana: )

That's good advice on the STI vs GTR. I don't think I will be too disappointed when I make the switch in regards to driving on the street, although I definitely will miss the R34 GTR's looks!

C u around.

Cheers mate! Which GTR were you in? (Currently mind overload sorry with understanding real names vs forum names vs cars driven considering my first outing)

As the GOR cruise was touch and go for me I didnt have time to pre-plan an overnight stay or even the extended stay at Apollo bay; so unfortunately after we hit Apollo bay and lunch I had to leave shortly after. Next time I'll be there for the entire trip with bells on!

The transition from the STI to the GTR is certainly an interesting one. The STI certainly feels very punchy and is definetely a weapon with tighter circuits due to shortened wheelbase & weight reduction. However the GTR has a nice firm stance on the road & what feels like greater stability in high speed corners. With the 6 cyclinder vs 4 cyclinder there is no competition especially above 100kph with the STI running out of puff very quickly. Mind you this is all relative, as my STI had just under 200kw at all fours, vs the GTR having 270-290kw at the rears in current form. In the end, to each their own, and no doubt an STI/EVO would be a gr8 car if needing 4 doors! I certainly wouldnt hesitate owning a late model STI or EVO again.

Once I tweak the GTR suspension to suit my driving style I'll be able to give a better comparison also as I had my STI handling like it was on rails.

Yeah kool man, I'm certainly looking forward to the next outing also so c u around!

Ben

Hi Guyz,

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben , thanks yeah it was me behind you, your ride is very nice i couldnt take my eyes of your rims as you went around the twists looks fat mate, well done , your driving my next car.

next cruise well have a chat for sure,

cheers,

David.