SAU Community

Sau-vic Annual Great Ocean Road Cruise 04/04/09 Wrap Up

ashneel

btw Hamish wen you get on here i expect my pics of the rear rims on ur fronts asap :D

yes yes.... i'll bother one day... wouldn't expect it'll be son tho :)

The turbo RWDs were keeping up quite well with the R's.

yeah TBH i was stoked with my car getting around those roads compared to the R's :blink:

- JoeyJoeJoe with the crazy overtaking manuvour on the worst stretch of road possible. Man if u hadda braked we'd both be dead for sure hahaha

yeah.... i was running on some hefty adrenalin after that one!!!

there was no chance i was braking.... i couldn't even see your bonnet in my rearview dude... jut you and monique! you looked like you were my back seat... lol

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... well i'm back from day 2 now.... and what a cruise! i thought the weather would have let us down but everyone really made the most of it and had a kickass time!!!

here's some photoo's from day 2....

DSC00144.jpg

jamesk's rainbowmobile.... ROFL

DSC00160-1.jpg

everyone from day 2

DSC00152.jpg

WTF?

DSC00157-1.jpg

do some skids bro!

well i'd like to say thanx to all than attended.... had a BLAST

al... thanx for running the cruise... stellar job mate! :blink:

nick... yes yes wheels...

jamesk... thanx HEAPS for the cb mate... but srsly... rainbow lights.... ROFL :)

bombtrack.... thanx again for an awesome weekend buddy

nam... had a ball driving with ya dude.... 4th gear rev limiter FTW! :D

monique... I ARE TALLMAN!!!

b3za... great effort mate... you car smells nice :)

the stage 2 bit was pretty small but an intimate group was good for the next day's driving anyway... imagine we were trying to get 20 cars past those slowasses today!

cant wait to go again!

here are some camera phone pics.. from sunday getting up early in the morning till the end of the day leaving at BP

how funny were those guys with all the fords up the row behind us.

post-45807-1238937234_thumb.jpg

post-45807-1238937295_thumb.jpg

post-45807-1238937368_thumb.jpg

post-45807-1238937498_thumb.jpg

post-45807-1238937545_thumb.jpg

Nam was i the only one cought by surprise and shitting myself, when a cop walked between our two cars and asked you to "move the car unless you wanted a ticket"? Then to see a cop car heading to the same spot, as the whole group of Skylines were turning left at that round-about :D

That's about as much trouble we had with law enforcement. To be fair, i was having trouble with my GPS freezing and Nam was double parked beside me, on the main street, as he was helping me out :). Not the best thing to do when you're a block away from the Police station.

LMAO...Yeah, i saw him coming up in the rearview from about 2m back, but i didn't wanna say anything in case we both looked guilty by the time he rocked up to the window. That woulda been tragic if he was a prick and looked over our cars...would have ruined the weekend for sure!

"actually al... i can think of worse..... NAM... ph34r.gif"

umm...wattya talking about Hamish..didn't anyone else hit the oil patch on the road?? :blink:

i was pretty close to your car for that overtake, cos i didn't have a radio i didn't wanna get caught at the upcoming turn...that dip in the road sent us FLYING tho LOL...would have been an interesting landing... hahaha

looking at all them photos...i really need an indicator!!

Anyone got clear R32 indicators for sale??

oh btw...Mon went nuts and took something like 200+ photos of the entire weekend.

When we get a chance to sift thru them and pick out the good ones i'll post them up somewhere. She's like a frikkin Jap tourist with a camera.

Bloody asians...

PS - JamesK - this ones for you buddy!

post-14346-1238939123_thumb.jpg

i loved whilst cruising when you heard the call on the cb saying its 'clear' to overtake all our indicators turn on at once.

that dip was shocking, i saw you attempt to swerve it by the time i realised what you were doing my head hit my roof LOL

If there was a bright red R33 followed by 8 other Skylines, that would have been us; between Colac and Geelong.

By the time i saw you and realised it was another 33, i was almost too late to wave hi.

Weren't you supposed to meet up with us in Point campbell?

yeah i was, ended up heading down to melb to pick up some side skirts on one of my rare days off work :wacko: . next time round il be all kitted up tho ;) and yeah thats where it was. the whole day sorta melded into one blur of driving (8hours up and back of straight driving does that, not spirited enough :) ) what was the weather like in port campbell anyways? it seemed fair dodgy...

yeah i was, ended up heading down to melb to pick up some side skirts on one of my rare days off work :wacko: . next time round il be all kitted up tho ;) and yeah thats where it was. the whole day sorta melded into one blur of driving (8hours up and back of straight driving does that, not spirited enough :) ) what was the weather like in port campbell anyways? it seemed fair dodgy...

when we drove from AP to PC it was raining... but that made for good fun anyway...

from there to home the roads had dried off ;)

he made a circuitboard and installed an illminated Skyline garnish on the bootlid of his car - except he stuffed something up and instead of all the letters changing colours at the same time they would start going beserk after a few seconds, leaving a nice Gay Pride advertisment on the rear of his car lol....

ahh...you had to be there to see it it was quite funny

Great cruise guys, I had a ball. Day 2 was definitely worth it, although I reckon the small group we had was almost perfect, particularly for the drive.

Al - Thanks for taking the reins and keeping everything organised.

James - I wanna see vids of my flamage from the bonnet cam :wacko:

Hamish - Good job looking after the guys without CB's, that 4wd must have been so pist.

Nam - You're crazy man

RTHRT3 & Babia - Nice to meet you guys.

Nice to meet heaps more guys from the club... I'll definitely be back next year.

I'll post up some pics from the SLR today.

Thanks Al for the organisation, was a great day, great drive up and great drive back,

Though i did see some very stupid things on the way up there, just shows how much the club has changed since 6 or 7 years ago when we actually did cruise the GOR and not see who was the first one to Apollo Bay?????

Thats enough of my RANT, thanks again guys, awsome day

Hey Mizzi, we also had some fun with that bus...lol....was quite funny though it wasnt the same bus that was at the servo.:wacko: cause that would have been more exciting

Thanks for the comments mate, yeah they are the standard wheels powder coated black!

FYI, I was first to Apollo Bay and if I drove any slower, the Chrysler Voyager behind me would have been getting impatient with me.

oh btw...Mon went nuts and took something like 200+ photos of the entire weekend.

When we get a chance to sift thru them and pick out the good ones i'll post them up somewhere. She's like a frikkin Jap tourist with a camera.

Bloody asians...

PS - JamesK - this ones for you buddy!

post-14346-1238939123_thumb.jpg

here's another shot of jamesk's car from the weekend

gay20car.jpg

:nyaanyaa:

ROFLMFAO

bwahahahahahah omfg i'm in stitches!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

dude... i'm still pissing myself every time i think about it.... when it was dark and we all went and checked it out i nearly cried.....

aah... teh lulz

God I hate you guys, make 1 mistake, pay for it for the rest of your life, I hope both of you die a horrible horrible death

Otherwise it was a great cruise, will upload pics soon