SAU Community

HCR32 GTSt vs GTSt Type M?

Originally posted by edgasket

sorry guys, found an earlier thread that explains most of it...

( http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=1693 )

can anybody tell me if the diff's are different, I know the brakes are too, what about the suspension?

It's just I found a sweet GTS-t but it's not a Type M and I'm wondering if I should hold out?

Ed, I'm not sure if the diffs are the same, but definately go for the Type-M... just for the brakes alone I'd get one.

With the spoilers... all options for both, so not all Type-M's have them.

Originally posted by edgasket

cheers, so it's just the brakes really then?

Yeah, the Type M is really just: wider standard wheels, bigger brakes, and airbag/LSD/spoiler options... thats all the important stuff.

Originally posted by Pekatu

mine is supposedly a type M it has air bag instructions on the drivers sun shade, but a normal wheel.

are you saying you can get turbo r32's without a LSD?

I think they all have LSDs (they'd have to...) but the ones in the Type-Ms were different, or there was an option for a different one?

Originally posted by williamc

airbag on r32 type M?? Think you may be mixed up with r33.

Also, side skirts I dont think are standard on non-type M 32's

Oooookaaay... airbags WERE OPTIONS on HR32 Skyline GTS-t Type-M`s from 8/91 on.

Believe me, I don`t post stuff unless I triple check it.

Please guys, read the posts before replying. Just because you`ve never seen something, it doesn`t mean it doesn`t exist... especially on Japanese Imports!

So this makes my car a mongrel :(

Got all the type M gear minus skirts and a GTS 4 front bar (guessing accident by previous owner)

BTW has anyone ever seen a GTS-t with steelies (as mentioned in the link above)? Particularly amusing when the GTS non turbo has 4 stud alloys!

I don't think there were different brakes though. All 32GTS-t's that I've seen have the same 4 pot brakes unless they have been upgraded to R33 brakes or better by the owner. Though if the brakes have to fit behing steelies than I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

so what do the brakes on a type-m look like i was told mine is a M but to look at the brakes on the outside of the disk only have two pots but i thought that on the inside of the disk there were another two!

does anyone have a pic of the 4pot's?

Im pretty sure my r32 is a Type M, it said on the auction report from Japan.

And it has the airbag warning label on the sunvisor, but my wheel has been changed to a sparco race wheel.

Williamc, the front brakes (4pot) are bigger than the rears, you can see 2 pistons from each side.

My car came without sideskirts and rear pods, pretty sure they were an option even on Type m.

Originally posted by williamc

Relax rezz, its just a discussion.

I`ll go easy on the caps next time... it wasn`t my intention to make this an argument.... sorry:D

all the R32's have the AIR BAG instructions on the visor but dont have an AIRBAG (bit dodgy) anyway my 32 has hicas,ABS and all the other shit including the HUGE ARSE brakes which failed. :D

STUPID ABS Crap

While on that topic anyone know how to remove the full ABS?????

Let me know

Hey Guys,

Got this from the book "The Sky is The Limit" ( Couldn't find the name of the author, so can't pay my respects :D ) Apparently taken from a Japanese Skyline sales brochure.

"The Type S is based on the GTS, and has alloy wheels, HICAS and the sport type steering wheel. The Type M is based on the GTS-t, and has 16x6.5 alloy wheels, HICAS, and the sport type steering wheel. The Type M, Type S and GTS-t have HICAS, the regular models don't."

"Options: Climate air conditioning, Electric front spoiler, Sunroof, Cruise control, Premium audio ( Kenwood / Alpine / AddZest), Rear spoiler, "Bug eye" headlights, Alloy wheels, Permium brake package."

Hope that helped!