SAU Community

Changing Subframe Bushings

when i did mine we took the subframe to Noltec, they burned out the bushes as trying to pull out the old ones is a pain.

You use a blow torch and do it in an open area and try not to breath in the fumes.

Then got made up new ones as they did not have the kits for my car yet and put them in,

Matt

i did mine over the weekend.

mine came out of a 32 so they where old and the alloy casing expands overtime welding the bastards in.

took about 15mins on a couple each side then an hour each on the other wich have a dual case.

i cut the centres out with a hole saw, heated them up and then hit the casing with the air hammer and eventually got them out with minimal damage.

trying so hard not to damage the frame itself with a air hammer is hard. unfortunately i couldn't fit it in the press.

if i was to do it all again, i'd just man up and give it to a shop with a press, i have a spare so i might do that.

anyone know what happens if you put bushings back in the damaged case?

cheers,

D

Edited by 32_Dave

the other bushings on the back i lit it with the torch and made it burn out as said earlier. but what i did afterwards was to get a hacksaw take out the blade push it through the hole and the attach it back together and cut the metal part and it just falls out.

i know the subframe arent much different so i just wanted some heads up its not hard just the technique

Edited by jnr_chin