SAU Community

Facebook Petition For Drag Strip In Adelaide

medman2damax

you're not actually being serious are you?

those things never actually work...

btw, i thought air is being renovated at the moment..

Have enough people not believing, of course not much works around here. :(

Theres a comment on that group by Flick Tilbrook saying something along the lines of "This petition is old, it was to get AIR re-done and that IS happening, its just not open yet"

Well i don't care what people are saying about AIR as that work was supposed to be finished 18 months ago.

Forget about AIR as ANDRA has said that they will never sanction the track as long as Jane still owns it , and i wanna see/feel Top Fuelers.

Edited by D_Stirls

I've heard that AIR has Asbestos in the dirt mounds that surround the strip and they cant open the track till its all removed.

Not sure if its true or not but that is what i have heard.

agree with Dale there.

i wanna see top fuelers back in adelaide.

EDIT: if that was the case chad, they wouldnt be allowed to hold the Gazzanats, and the likes.

Edited by craig R33

no as long as it's not disturbed then it can stay there, but if they do any work on the mounds or the track is decommissioned (which it will be when the other track is built .....AND THAT WILL HAPPEN, NOT JUST YET THOUGH) then they have to take it all and and safely store it, that is why he will never be able to sell it.

The track is unsafe though which is why ANDRA won't sanction it and the timing wiring was burnt out and needs to be replaced.

chad thats not true

The reason AIR never runs the top fuels or funny cars anymore is because of curfews

since there was residential properties built close to there not long ago the complained to the council that it was too loud

therefore AIR got a curfew of 8pm, hence why the big names wont come over coz they gotta be packed up early

now until the curfew gets lifted i wouldnt be expecting any big names to come over for a veryyyyy long time

the curfew is 11 pm the same as speedway park

The track isn't flat enough any more to run top fuelers, ANDRA told bob jane that he had to completely relay the track (as well as other things) and he told them to get stuffed (as he already had issues with ANDRA over Calder) so ANDRA pulled it's certification and there has never been another top fueler on the track since. i did see the last top fueler run on AIR at my first visit, unfortunately it blew an engine at the 60ft mark but it was insane none the less.

Edited by D_Stirls

My old boss of 5 years was an ex Nitro Funny Car Champion and Chaiman for the back on track committee. I was also told that the track is not long enough to meet ANDRA regs, as well as a long list of other things.

I have fond memories of the old man taking me to the drags to see the Top Fuelers when I was a young lad.

Absolutely amazing watching and 'feeling' it at night. I remember it freaking me out how much my insides were thumping as they are so so damn loud.

AIR was designed to fail from the start, who seriously thought it would be a smart idea to run the qtr mile directly into where the sun is setting from 3pm to 7pm?? just about every meet i saw had a hour or 2 wait while the sun moved.......