SAU Community

Modifying R33

GTS2 #158

hey guys,

mate wants to make is S1 r33 go quicker. Just wondering wat u guys think he should do to get best results. wanting to spend around 3k, already has EBC and cat back zorst. also is it worth getting second hand parts for cheaper or just buy new.

thanks Jack

hey guys,

mate wants to make is S1 r33 go quicker. Just wondering wat u guys think he should do to get best results. wanting to spend around 3k, already has EBC and cat back zorst. also is it worth getting second hand parts for cheaper or just buy new.

thanks Jack

Complete the Exhaust ( Dump pipe + front pipe)

FMIC KIT

Cold Air Intake System (Airfilter + box etc)

Up the boost (12psi MAX)

Piggy Back ECU (safc) Or else full ecu + tune

should net you somewhere in the 250rwhp + region

edit: nothing wrong with buying second hand aslong as you check it out and condition is ok. NOTE: buy brand new air filter (unless it can be clean)

Edited by [Michael]

you will go faster if u use the search button. read the forced induction turbo upgrade dyno figures to see what mods most people do for what power.

But to make a car faster good tyres, LSD is a must. brakes should also be good to stop faster if u get to faster speed easier.

Sorry for interupting your thread, but I´m also making plans how to make my R33 GTS-T go faster at the moment, and came to the conclusion that the original turbo is crap. Is there any companies near the Perth area that rebuilds turbos and could maybe fit some other nice internals?

when i first bought my car it was pretty standard, am now running FMIC, full 3" exhaust with nismo dump and front pipe, SAFC and turbo smart boost controller, and am now running a very nicely tuned 251rwhp. 11psi.

have heard that the standard turbos are good for around 13-14psi, anything above that and you risk damage to the turbo, ie: disintergrating the turbo exhaust turbine in my case. My standard clutch also had to go, wasn't worn just physically couldnt clamp hard enough.

also just a note, my housemate also owns a r33 with a similar setup, only he managed to score a Mine's ECU (i'm o so jealous) and at 13.5 psi, it's good for 301rwhp.

• 1 month later...

i put a pod filter on a big after market turbo rebuilt the motor it now hammers out at around 4oo hp but i have it detuned atm and it is runing around 220 kw according to the dyno

to get to around 270 to 280 hp.

full 3" exhaust

pod or after market panel filter

safc2 / power fc

Fmic or R34 SMIC

EBC or manual bleed set at 11psi

good tuner

the end

im in the same boat wanting to get abit more from my R33, im new to this but i can pick up on most of the lingo but what exactly is "safc2 / power fc" mean? im guessing its got something to do with fuel management?

also just quickly, what turbo do series I, R33 GTS-t's come with from factory?

mine has been high flowed and will be for sale shortly when i fit a GT35 to replace it if anyone is keen, i dont know what its worth but the purchaser can come for a drive to make sure its ok before i remove it.

Gonz.

im in the same boat wanting to get abit more from my R33, im new to this but i can pick up on most of the lingo but what exactly is "safc2 / power fc" mean? im guessing its got something to do with fuel management?

also just quickly, what turbo do series I, R33 GTS-t's come with from factory?

mine has been high flowed and will be for sale shortly when i fit a GT35 to replace it if anyone is keen, i dont know what its worth but the purchaser can come for a drive to make sure its ok before i remove it.

Gonz.

powerfc is a full replacement ecu

safc is a fuel controller.

you can even get a boost controller addon for a powerfc, they are great ecus but very very hard to find an r33 one because once people get them unless they write it off they wont sell it they are too good.

theres a great thread in the tech section on powerfcs if you want to do some research, they are a great unit, but around 1200+ for the unit with handset afaik

Edited by Sillabaa

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of people are recommending him to get a SAFC2. To my knowledge APexi discontinued this in 2008 and only sell SAFC Neo now.

Edited by Magic

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of people are recommending him to get a SAFC2. To my knowledge APexi discontinued this in 2008 and only sell SAFC Neo now.

2nd hand. cheap and good for his budget

2nd hand. cheap and good for his budget

Yup, I just bought a second hand SAFC2 last night for $250. :nyaanyaa:

I Just gotta save for fuel pump, boost gauge, fit the the MBC, then get it tuned. Expecting that to be done around Late July/early August. I'll be happy with around 260atw. Atm it does 200atw on 7psi.

i got a PFC and 600 cc injectors sitting right next to me. hopefully get it tuned by Aaron at Intune Performance when he gets back from Dubai. he's gone over to tune some cars and SEMA is on over there. That should push me up to 340 to 350 rwhp then that's it, no more power mods. need to get the rust cut out and brakes need going over and finish of the body kit. then no more (maybe).