SAU Community

Aust. Made Cams & Valve Springs

Now more than ever, we need to buy Australian made/owned... So it would be awesome to see a write up on these local products if anyone has them in an RBDET, see if we can stimulate the local economy with the handouts!(and save some money)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely happy with mine.

Apparently the jap cams tend to be a little soft on the ramp rate side. So I've been told I haven't profiled a jap cam so wouldn't know what was good bad or ugly.

marko, better off not to go too big on camshafts if you are running -10's, otherwise you will make it abit of a lag monster... keep them suttle and not 2 big, look at the group a aussie gtr's, they had medium sized cams and produced 600+ brake with a rev limit of 7000rpm. the porting is the most important in making power...

by the way, your setup will piss in 400rwkw.... u stress 2 much

not correct...we put bigger cams in one engine along with a few other tricks and it came on 1000rpm earlier. A few other notable engine builders who have done lots of R&D have noticed the same.

my old HKS GT-RS fed engine did the same...went from small cams and mild porting to big suckers and big port job and the thing was mega responsive and made stacks of power...it had a flat line of torque for 5000rpm...looked like a V8's curve on the dyno and left Jim at CRD wondering if the dyno was playing up...lol

Warlord.. if you want 272's don't mess around with the hydraulic convert it to solid (there's a bloke that converts the std lifters to solid) and then upsize that turbo as 272's will be a waste.

hydraulic 260-265's will see that 3037 max out easily on pump fuel with around 1 bar.

Dirt is sharing his experience with the 26. Not the 25 hydraulic crap where big duration != better.

marko how about

//www.kelford.co.nz/

yes...yes

im even thinking of getting 272 in and outs

Camtech uses Kelford billets for the RB's anyway but grind them here. I've used 3 sets of Camtech cams in the last month and they are top quality. Your stimulus money will easily cover a pair and you don't need to worry about getting slugged with import duty/gst on top of what you pay for them before they leave NZ.

Performance Springs valve springs are excellent, no need to look any further.

Warlord.. if you want 272's don't mess around with the hydraulic convert it to solid (there's a bloke that converts the std lifters to solid) and then upsize that turbo as 272's will be a waste.

hydraulic 260-265's will see that 3037 max out easily on pump fuel with around 1 bar.

Dirt is sharing his experience with the 26. Not the 25 hydraulic crap where big duration != better.

what r u going on about.

as for duty tax gst and all of that i would not worry to much about it as marko would know the amount of stuff i have got from o/s and not had to pay a thing,its more bad luck if you do as ive been told by a number of people on sau and off.

Edited by WARLORD

what r u going on about.

as for duty tax gst and all of that i would not worry to much about it as marko would know the amount of stuff i have got from o/s and not had to pay a thing,its more bad luck if you do as ive been told by a number of people on sau and off.

LOL Thanks for your sheer rudeness buddy. :banana:

If you take ones advice and don't do further research thats your sheer stupidity.

With regards to what I am on about.. Its not to hard to work out. But then again......

im even thinking of getting 272 in and outs

and then... your sig..

HKS turbo kit 3037 pro s

If you don't plan on running the 272's with a hydraulic head (why don't the japs like such cams?) or with the 3037 just state your plans are bigger and better. No need to sprout off some wanker comment.

Obviously the duty tax comment was not directed at myself.

Edited by TheRogue

i have imported parts over the yrs from japan and luckily & i havent been hit for additional costs...i hope im not speaking too soon though as i am waiting on 2.5k worth of goods to arrival from nz :unsure::unsure::unsure:

LOL Thanks for your sheer rudeness buddy. :unsure:

If you take ones advice and don't do further research thats your sheer stupidity.

With regards to what I am on about.. Its not to hard to work out. But then again......

and then... your sig..

If you don't plan on running the 272's with a hydraulic head (why don't the japs like such cams?) or with the 3037 just state your plans are bigger and better. No need to sprout off some wanker comment.

Obviously the duty tax comment was not directed at myself.

yer your right your a big dickhead. once again a keyboard hero !!!!

"3037 max out at 1 bar" you have know idea what you are on about

do me a big favour keep your highly unimportant crap to your self when it comes to talking to me cos i dont give a shit.

now just let marko continue with is thread with out the petty crap you have started. ""Dirt is sharing his experience with the 26. Not the 25 hydraulic crap where big duration != better."""

my comment was to my friend marko and what paul is sharing had nothing to do with my comment ,you blowfly

sorry mate but im sick and tired of people who jump on sau after being a member for short periods and have no respect and talk shit to members because they own a computer.

Edited by WARLORD

yer your right your a big dickhead. once again a keyboard hero !!!!

"3037 max out at 1 bar" you have know idea what you are on about

do me a big favour keep your highly unimportant crap to your self when it comes to talking to me cos i dont give a shit.

now just let marko continue with is thread with out the petty crap you have started. ""Dirt is sharing his experience with the 26. Not the 25 hydraulic crap where big duration != better."""

my comment was to my friend marko and what paul is sharing had nothing to do with my comment ,you blowfly

sorry mate but im sick and tired of people who jump on sau after being a member for short periods and have no respect and talk shit to members because they own a computer.

LMFAO.

Improve airflow and the 3037 WILL max out around 1bar. Boost is a restriction to airflow. knobber.

I have fiddled with these turbo's on 25's and 30's. Also check Al's RB30det... Go check the dyno thread buddy.

How is my dirt comment Petty? You have way misinterpreted... I simply stated that incase one (i.e you) with the RB25 thought it would be fine to run big duration cams in their hydraulic head. It doesn't work. Been there done that.

Mate I've been here on sau since it started so dont look at post counts buddy, prior to that it was SDU.

Your sick of it.... I gave some advice that is correct and you provided me with a highly intelligent wanker comment.

Edited by TheRogue

LMFAO.

idiot... improve airflow and the 3037 WILL max out around 1bar. Boost is a restriction to airflow.

I have experienced it as well as Al's RB30det... Go check the dyno thread buddy.

Mate i've been here on sau since it started so dont look at post counts buddy.

so you have two or more user id"s so you can write shit when you feel like it cos it states you have been a member from 3/12/08 you lier.

see your talking shit again.