SAU Community

R33 Gtr - Vin Problem/import

Hey guys,

I tried to run a fast on this VIN: 6T91MPAAASXBDR002. Its an R33 GTR 1995 White car.

The vin is very strange for a skyline. they usually start with 6U9000 and i am very worried.

Can anyone shed any light as to why the VIN would appear above and not start with the common import code for r33's?

Need urgent help

Thanks

Chris

That car would have been imported a while back when they used new semi-random 17 digit VIN numbers for imported cars ... a number of years ago they changed to the standard 6U9000XXXXXXXXXXX format ... in any case you should be looking for the original Japanese VIN number stamped on the filrewall to run it through FAST, it will be something like BCNR33-00XXXX

Thats the compliance plate, the nissan vin is usually on the firewall on the drivers side and its blue.

Yeah, but why have they complienced it with a really weird complience plate? It usually reflects the VIN...

Can anyone help me?

Did a Revs check on the car and it came up with 6T91MPAAASXBDR002. Usually comes up with something like (and this is an example) - 6U900BCNR33000964.

Anyone had this problem before? Does it mean its been rebirthed? Anyone?

Yeah, but why have they complienced it with a really weird complience plate? It usually reflects the VIN...

Can anyone help me?

Did a Revs check on the car and it came up with 6T91MPAAASXBDR002. Usually comes up with something like (and this is an example) - 6U900BCNR33000964.

Anyone had this problem before? Does it mean its been rebirthed? Anyone?

This was a pre 2000 complied car, the Green compliance plate. Bank then VIN numbers were issued by state RTA authorities not DOTARS.

For Victoria all imports started with 6T91MPV.... you one starts with 6T91MPA so it was complied in another state most likely the ACT.

Compliance was a whole different ball game back in those days, you will notice you seat belts would have been changed too which they don't do anymore.

This was a pre 2000 complied car, the Green compliance plate. Bank then VIN numbers were issued by state RTA authorities not DOTARS.

For Victoria all imports started with 6T91MPV.... you one starts with 6T91MPA so it was complied in another state most likely the ACT.

Compliance was a whole different ball game back in those days, you will notice you seat belts would have been changed too which they don't do anymore.

Thanks for clearing this up carizma. I was very worried that something odd was going on.

Very much appreciated.

FYI - it appears car was registered in QLD first.

• 1 year later...

you are also confusing "VIN" with "chassis number" the number you want to use in fast is the chassis number. it's the one on the build plate. the "VIN" is allocated in australia when the car is complied and as you can see they have not always followed the same pattern. these days yes it's a combination of the chassis number (which vary in length)prefixed with 6U9 and then a number of 0's to take the total number of digits up to 17. Under different schemes they were created differently as mentioned above. Chassis number and VIN are 2 different things.

lol, :blush: nfi what I was thinking.... now let me just quietly delete my posts, then edit your post with my text and it'll look like you're the dummy who revived the 2 year old long dead thread..... :ermm:

• 1 month later...

Ah the joys of being a moderator haha

I also came across a car that is not using the original BCNR33 number, instead its number listed on the rego papers starts with 6M91mport - so thanks to this thread I'm more relaxed now - car was complied in ACT.

well glad that helped someone. :) but yeah the VIN numbers do not always contain the chassis numbers. so it's not unusual to see one with 6T91MP or 6M91MP etc. you can always get the chassis number off the original nissan build plate though. it should still be there. the old system was stupid. it's far better what they do now where they just re-use the chassis number and prefix it with 6U9 and 0's to make it fit our 17digit VIN format.