SAU Community

Drift Racer: Kaido Battle

adznight

Hi, came across this while I was “working” and thought there would be a few people here that would appreciate this game, you know who you are! :)

"Sammy Studios, Inc., a developer, publisher and global distributor of interactive entertainment content, today announced Drift Racer: Kaido Battle, a new videogame simulator based on the exciting sport of drift racing coming exclusively to Sony PlayStation®2 in February 2004."

driftracer13.jpg

The game offers five modes of play for stylistic precision-driving, racing for 1 or 2 players and a career mode that pits players against nearly 200 underground racers in official daytime events and underground nighttime races. Drift Racer: Kaido Battle is tricked out with features, including environment effects for all four seasons, weather effects such as rain, snow and fog, replay movie galleries and licensed in-game music from known DJs

Yeah baby......

theres also the initial d PS2 game due soon.... its a great time for us import drivers indeed!! :)

i thnk thats the game i have this movie of a 350z from.... looking at the pics... definately is ;)

Hey Adzmax!!

I think your source of information is wrong. Kaido Battle is a game produced by Genki in Japan, I already have that game on PS2, i have had if since April. Its been out ages ago in Japan. And also with the Initial D games as well, it has been out a few months ago because i already have it. If you any of you are interested in buying the game, i can get the guys number and you can give him a call to buy the game.

BTW, Funky Monkey, i got my PS2 mod by this guy and he is pretty good!! It cost me about $140. This guy sells all the latest games from Japan and US, everywhere. The only problem is some of the games are in Japanese, and you have to remember which menu to select.

There is also another game that rocks. Its called Shutokou Battle, or otherwise known as Tokyo Extreme Racer (TXR) in Australia, however it is not very popular here, but i think it is betta than GT3. Australia only has TXR Zero at the moment, but Japan released Shutokou Battle 01 a few months ago which i have myself, and it is really good. Its based on street racing in Japan, and all the roads in the game is exactly what it is like in Japan. You can mod pretty much anything on the car, bodykits (veilside, do luck, etc), wheels (works, etc), colour of your lights...blah...blah..blah...you get the jist!!

Sorry for writing so much!!!! But i hope the info was helpful

BTW i am new to this forum, i dont have a Skyline, but when i grad end of this year, i will be looking for a R34 GT-t so keep me posted if you know any good places to import a car...or if anyone is selling a black one.

Tokyo Extreme Racer aka Tokyo Highway Battle on the dreamcast is pretty cool but the GFX are absolute crap. Ive had it for a while on PS2 but had it years ago on DC which i reckon was better :P

Yeah inark....a lot of people say that

I have played TXR 2 on DC...TXR zero and 01 on PS2....when i first got 01...i thought the graphics sucked as well....but after a while i really liked it....especially when it is raining.

But you have to agree with me....you can make your car look mad..in da game

yeah looks ok but doesnt feel right but i spose it is an arcade based platform and the speeds are wrong... mine is in MPH even tho its doing KMH speeds and at 300mph it looks like ur doing about 80kmh :P