SAU Community

Dr. Detail

Gday,

I thought of sharing my experience with you all after getting Dr.Detail (mark) to have a look at my car.

I guess before anything, i would like to say that i am very very happy with the result at the end of the day, I found mark to be very good in his proffesion as a detailer and his work is worth every cent! I tell you he doesnt do this just for the money but for the love of making cars exterior perfect and shiny as it can be!

He is one of those people that you can fully trust with your car. Hes got a sixth sense for paint jobs!

He is very friendly and very open with things in terms of his work.

Anyway this is basically how the day went.

IMG_1265.jpg

He came and knocked on the door about 9am and took the car out. (sorry i didnt get to take pics of the first stage as the camera was stil charging.) he basically used some lubricant (looks like a degreaser) to spray the

wheel arch guards and part or bits of the bonnett. Mark sat down with me for couple of mins while i watch as he gave me a ran down of the job. after couple of mins he washed the car and cleaned the entire body, the wheels, and the engine bay. He then clayed the entire car and gave it a good spray, Once its dried up Mark then gave the car abit of a look and observed the paint works condition and taped bits of the car. (this is wher i lost his process he he) He basically took out his little tools, 2 Orbital, different grades of pads and about 4 different cut and polish bottle with different grades.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Check Out those Swirls!

IMG_1253.jpg

Different grades of Cut and Polish mark used. Please note that His process differs when he works on cars to cars, he goes by what or how your paint condition is. With mine he found the paint very sticky and banged up pretty good. lol and so on.. he will tell you... here is just an example of the cut and polish he used with different grades..

IMG_1255.jpg

Red is Cut and Blue is Gloss

IMG_1260.jpg

he then got on to his orbital and did couple of test on the bonnet for the best results. Once he did a little test he basically knew what to do and he went on!

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Dark Cloud is coming!!

IMG_1262.jpg

After couple of runs on the bonnet he asked me to put the car in to see the surface clearly by using flood lights. and he worked on it again and the rest of the panels. Yes, you would thought that polishing under abit of sunlight is a little weird , but trust me he is sees something under the sunlight and under that flood light.

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Ok so after about 2 hours of cutting and polishing every corner of the car, everything was looking sweet!

After about 50 min break for lunch they were back at it in the garage. After about another hour, Mark asked me to reverse the car out to the sunlight so he can inspect the surface. And guess what, he said he is not happy yet!! yes, thats how aweful my paint was... Overspray, swirl marks, Scratches, Sticky and etc. lol

By the way thats not mark, thats his little helper, more like Marks nurse. lol he is cool and knows his stuff aswell. Mark taught him well.

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

look at that shine! im stoked...

IMG_1279.jpg

Ok so about 330pm Mark was finally happy (he will tell you) withthe condition of the surface or paitn work itself. So he basically gave the car another wash to get rid of stuff on it. Especially the dusts.

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

After the wash, Mark dried her up again and the surface felt very uberly smooth and the paintwork is is outstanding... Just to let you know aswell, durng this process Mark would use brand new microfibre cloth, buffing cloth, new pads and new everything when it comes to wetting your car to drying your car.

This is basically how it looked like after the car was dry without any products.

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Very Happy!

Ill continue with the next reply as its saying i posted to many pics! hehe

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the 2nd last bits. Waxing.

Mic (Marks Nurse) basically showed me the wax that Mark will be using, SwissVax Concorso and abit of some other SwissVax product that i didnt get to take a photo off. he used it on the bumpers only and the rest he used the Concorso. and dayemm smells soo good! The wax is also stored on a special bag, it comes it a registration certificate, it basically has the rego number of the wax and the signature of who ever made it. (its Hand made). Yeh i know, its wacked lol. but i would mind since they costs alot!

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

By the time mark finished applying the wax he let it sit for good 5 to 10 minutes to let the wax sit in.

During that process he used about 2 different grades of pads aswell. This is basically the 2nd last part of the his Job, the last bits he worked on was the interior of the car, he applied nice lubricant protection to my leather and now its feels fresh again, my interior got vaccumed and Mark wiped nearly every bit of leather inside the car. After that, they wiped every glass of the car.

In the end i was very satisfied with the effort of their work and the details that mark provided me along the way. very friendly and very good! I definately recommend his service to you guys! Call him and book in, he is very helpful and very busy! he was going to work on a Ferrari and Ford GT the next couple of days! hehe he is going to try and join the SAU forum aswell, so if you guys have any questions..thats if he responds here. (so Mark please correct me if you are reading this)

He finished about 6.30pm after all the hard work.

The following pics is at the end of Marks service, Unfortunately i didnt get to take some gangsta shots as the sun was already setting on me! so until next time! hope you liked my pride and joy! post yours after! sorry for the size of the pictures. i thought i resized them small enough.. anyway Peace! :D

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Cleanest ass ever! (for me) hehe aplogies as my camera started having hard time to focus since its getting dark.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

GOODNIGHT! :D

Very nice job, looks really good and you have some good photo's too prove it...

Must look better in the flesh and you must be very happy.

Would have been nice to see the car at the start, but the swirl marks near the start are good enough.

Only one issue that I can see if I am being critical is the fact that both of the guys had cigarettes whilst they were working.

Other than that you should be pleased... was it price effective?

Hey, Thanks Stephen, Yeh that was funny having cigarettes in between, I noticed that too.. but everything i was okay with, and i didnt mind as long as the work itself is close to perfect, and it turned out to be more than i expected.

Aplogies with the pics at the start, i was having hard time capturing grubby stuff before mark touched it. But i can tell you now that it did have nasty swirl marks on em fine lines.

yeh, im very happy the way it turned out to be. I never knew that the paint work can stand out that good again considering is a 6 year old surface. Price was good too, $350 overall. Peace.

The shine on that is absolutely awesome Ogz.

Now I want to get mine done too! They did a pretty damned good job. I can't wait to see your ride at the meet.

thanks Andrew! yeh give him a call man.. he is very helpful.

Man.. you know what i was saying to Mark i should of told him to service the car before the meet ups! hehe so i hope it stays like that before then. =./

he also mentioned he might come along and check out the scene, He is bringing the famous Ford GT if he is not busy that night.

OMG! my car looks like crap now. i have to go clean it.

No wait..... i'm going to clean then book it in for a detail. To bad i live in Gero. There's no Dr Detail here :P

Your V looks Really nice. :D

How long will it stay that way? Do you now have special way you clean your car yourself to keep it looking good?

Heyy fellow V bros, Thanks for the positive comments!

yeh, its going to be a challenge to keep it outstanding like this. Mark said to me that most of the swirls and slight marks come from the washing of the car. He also mentioned not to use Sponge to clean the car and use Sheep wool instead. Gotta be gentle aswell. so i thought that was a top pointer.. hope he can join the forum and expand our knowledge based on this.

Ill try and take care of it from here on until next year again when Mark sees her. Especially when we get to meet each other for a good cause on May!

Peace,

Keep safe this Easter!

Man why does everyone I hear get a good job from him but not me ! fark I get pissed at looking at the amount of effort he did on your ride and I paid the same amount hahaha but yeah must admit it looks the goods