SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down for this but got my missus neice's birthday party that I've promised since the start of the year I'd be at. Pretty pissed too as it's my first chance to test out my new round of mods. Working as hard as I can to get out of it so I might be able to join you down there :banana:

I was down for this but got my missus neice's birthday party that I've promised since the start of the year I'd be at. Pretty pissed too as it's my first chance to test out my new round of mods. Working as hard as I can to get out of it so I might be able to join you down there :banana:

Work hard dude, work hard! Come on big fella do what you gotta do....

yep count me in on this one Ed

Who's Ed???? :banana:

My brother dabbles in photograpgy and has a camera the size of a rocket launcher. I will talk to him about coming out to snap some photos of us while actually on the track, should be sweeeeett.

i also though about a BBQ but heavy meals punctuated by hard driving on the track might add up to vomit inside your helmet.... Has anyone done this before? Maybe a pre-packed subway is the go instead...

Since its a practise day, does this mean you don't need a CAMS license etc? You can just pay the $125 and go out there and have fun?

Getting information was tough before I went last time so I will post everything I know for yaz...

ALL THE DETAILS:

COST - LICENSE:

You can get out there without having a CAMS license by purchasing a 1-day license for $25. The total cost (including the License) is $125 if you do not have a CAMS license.

If you already have a CAMS license, you need to bring that along and in that case you'll only pay $100.

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:

You need to have an ADR approved helmet, but you don't need to spend big bucks, you can borrow one from a mate or do what I did and check out this ebay shop and purchase one for around the $50 mark.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/teamozimports

You will also need to wear long sleeve shirt and full length pants that are made of cotton or wool (jeans and a long sleeve shirt and you're set)

HOW THE DAY WILL ROLL:

Day starts at 8:50am and goes until around 5pm - you can leave any time you want.

Sign in and pay at the beginning of the day, then Clem (manager dude) will explain the rules on the track, no overtaking on the turns, what the flags mean, etc.. You will get a bracelet which you must keep on to let staff know you have paid.

You will get 6 x 15 minute squirts with about an hour between each one, giving your engine, brakes, etc.. time to cool off.

While you are off the track other types of vehicles will be allowed on, also in 15 minute blocks, racing carts, club cars, bla bla bla.

You will see a whole bunch of different cars, check them out, talk to the owners, and the 1 hour blocks between runs really flies. It's like an all day car show.

You will also get a lot of driving.modifying tips from people there.

If anyone has any more questions I might not know the answer but I have Mallala's details and spoke to Clem quite a bit last time so I might be able to get the answers for you.

I'd really love to see the track full of skylines and stags, even if your car is not where you want it to be, the practice is not timed, so you can go as hard or as easy as you want. Even with taking it easy you can get up to 160-180kph on the straights, can't really do that anywhere else safely and without fear of getting arrested and bashed by the 5-0. It's great fun, you will meet cool people (like me) and you will see cool cars all day. well worth the dosh.

If you want to suss it out, there are quite a lot of people who come just to watch and hang out, so if you are unsure then come out, suss it out, and see for yourself.

Edited by medman2damax

so keen on this man

i am definately going to get a helmet

Do it dude. my advice is to get an open face helmet, after buying a closed one it gets pretty hot in that helmet, believe me. Get an open face one, doesn't look as cool but you will be much more comfortable.

Depending how funds go, i'll be up for this.

A little closer to the date I can organize a place to meet and maybe food/drinks... you will get r@ped if you buy from there, I paid $5 for a can of V!

Do it dude. my advice is to get an open face helmet, after buying a closed one it gets pretty hot in that helmet, believe me. Get an open face one, doesn't look as cool but you will be much more comfortable.

A lot of people recommend full face, open face is good to keep cool but i'd rather have a full face to stop my face being smashed onto the steering wheel. After watching an EVO 9 crash head first into the wall on the back straight a few months ago i'd stick with a full face unless you have a harness.

A lot of people recommend full face, open face is good to keep cool but i'd rather have a full face to stop my face being smashed onto the steering wheel. After watching an EVO 9 crash head first into the wall on the back straight a few months ago i'd stick with a full face unless you have a harness.

good point dude, didnt think of that. i wonder what that steering wheel would taste like....

my only concern for this one is fitting an oil pressure gauge, the in dash one shits itself from time to time. maybe an oil temp too.

anything else i need to make sure ive done on the rb25 before i head out? catch can, oil cooler etc? its only got basic bolt ons and boosted turbo...

Edited by tx3_90