SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be good to go for this guys :D.

I havn't got an oil cooler so if the oil temp creeps i'll just pull off the track and let her cool down.

+ will be a good chance to finally put some usernames & avatars to faces.

anything else i need to make sure ive done on the rb25 before i head out? catch can, oil cooler etc? its only got basic bolt ons and boosted turbo...

I don't think so mate.

People keep in mind you are only out there for 15 minutes hard driving at a time, that's it, it's not a 24 hour endurance race.

Not to mention that while you're out there, if someone spins out they wave the yellow flags, and you gotta go slow anyway, and someone is BOUND to spin out every round.

So your car actually does not actually go through that much punishment. If you went flat out in the hills from bottom to top it's the same sort of thing.

The only noticeable thing on my car was the brake fade. Brakes were not useless or anything, but effectiveness vastly diminished, and that was after 3 rounds, the last of which I used the brakes the most.

Just to put your minds at ease, when that happened and I couldn't slow down enough for a turn, I just drove straight, off the track, over some soft and squishy sand. No damage, no harm.

You will be able to hear/feel if something doesn't feel right and you can come off he track and have a look see.

Moodles please let me know of the gearbox flush sorts out the crunching issue, I know a guy who has complained of the same thing, you think the gearbox flush will sort it out?

on the track 3rd to 4th is normal to crunch on 32 gtrs (ive been told it will crunch no matter what gearbox fluid you have in there), just delay the shift an extra second and it wont crunch.. as for other crunches with other gears, good quality gearbox oil should help (shaun at boostworx has recommended to me redline's shockproof).

As for shift light, looking at a simple one, have my eye on the Gizzmo DSII (http://www.modyourcar.com.au/gizzmo-dsii-shiftlight-p5650)

paid off my seat this evening, ill be out there if i get that fitted in time. dont wanna spend my time out on the track driving like a habib cause i cant sit in a normal position with a helmet on...

paid off my seat this evening, ill be out there if i get that fitted in time. dont wanna spend my time out on the track driving like a habib cause i cant sit in a normal position with a helmet on...

driving like that will improve your lap times by about 5 seconds there Dave

That shit light Chad is awesome mate

similar to what the F1 cars have

Edited by Krishy