SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell us how the car feels after. That's my next suspension mod :/ front n back sway bars + rear strut brace... than i just gotta replace some bushes with nolathane ones and I'm set.

handling > horsepower.

+1

Especially on tight courses or hill climbs. My mates dad gets 36.8sec up Collingrove Hill Climb in a dead stock new clio with better suspension. Guys in Porches cant usually match that. But the guy has had years of experience on the same track so i guess "experience > money" counts too!

Got my slotted RDA rotors and qfm a1rm pads in finally!!

Bedding in was sketchy but after a good 30min drive, then going for the brakes hard again :) MASSIVE difference... im afraid to push it past half way, it just locks up regardless of speed. Gonna take a bit of getting used to for smooth quick braking but daaaammmnnn!!! Highly recommended.

Steel braded lines + master cyl stopper are next up then braking setup is finished.

Oh btw, since its track talk here, anyone know where I can get a decent cross bar for the r33? Its the bar that goes behind front seats used to bolt up the racing harnesses on to..

http://features.evolutionm.net/article.php?id=55

Edited by SkyHi_33

• 2 weeks later...

im jealous, i still have my slightly warped discs from the BSM cruise..also, if any1 could help me, is it ok to have a video camera strapped in with the use of duct tape? i would like to get some footage from the dash and im not sure if its allowed or not, i just want to make sure. Ah im so keen for this...first time track-user...

I cant wait for this, took the Skyline for a drive today for the first time in ages. Sort of forgot just how much 420rwhp throws ya back in ya seat :D

Edited by DSTROY

my car is slowly getting there. Needs all the new belts on and water pump, New tyres and then a wheel alignment.

gonna be a busy week.

yeah, i had the belt, tensioners, waterpump, radiator, hose done recently and im glad i did. can breathe a little better :D

just need to get me new pads and rear slotted rotors and the n1 turbos and my gearbox fitted and ill be laffin

-D

Im changing my engine oil n coolant tomorrow.

Does someone know who can service my auto trans cheap this week? I'm really low on cash and don't have the room to do the trans at my house.

Also, anyone got a 3"- 3.5" cat lying around cheap? I got the dump pipe ready to go in but would like to do the cat at the same time.

Cant wait for this!!

yeah, i had the belt, tensioners, waterpump, radiator, hose done recently and im glad i did. can breathe a little better :P

just need to get me new pads and rear slotted rotors and the n1 turbos and my gearbox fitted and ill be laffin

-D

Ben the pads we put in had plenty of life left in them so should be OK for awhile unless they're not pulling you up like you'd like.

IMO, for your use, slotted rear rotors = waste of money.

Ben the pads we put in had plenty of life left in them so should be OK for awhile unless they're not pulling you up like you'd like.

IMO, for your use, slotted rear rotors = waste of money.

the pads do have more life but they dont bite anywhere near as hard as the bendix, and i really hate that.

just going to get the rear rotors at the same time i get q1fm pads, less hassle in the long run imho - slotted on all 4 = sexy too

-D

Im changing my engine oil n coolant tomorrow.

Does someone know who can service my auto trans cheap this week? I'm really low on cash and don't have the room to do the trans at my house.

Also, anyone got a 3"- 3.5" cat lying around cheap? I got the dump pipe ready to go in but would like to do the cat at the same time.

Cant wait for this!!

I hope you have a auto trans cooler for your auto box, i wouldn't take a auto car to a track without one