SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

I hope you have a auto trans cooler for your auto box, i wouldn't take a auto car to a track without one

i don't hence why i want to service it... not planing on going nuts at the track anyways, mostly just to see where my suspension and brakes are at.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to ask you Pete, How did u find the Project Mu front rotors u have on the GTR? Looking at getting some soon.

obviously they were awesome but don't know if I can justify the cost for 2 piece rotors....depends on your brother & how cheap he can source them Luke.

the pads do have more life but they dont bite anywhere near as hard as the bendix, and i really hate that.

just going to get the rear rotors at the same time i get q1fm pads, less hassle in the long run imho - slotted on all 4 = sexy too

-D

yeah fair enough.

I cant wait for this, took the Skyline for a drive today for the first time in ages. Sort of forgot just how much 420rwhp throws ya back in ya seat :bunny:

agreed :P

i don't hence why i want to service it... not planing on going nuts at the track anyways, mostly just to see where my suspension and brakes are at.

I speak from experience, it's hard to not go all out at Mallala because of the rush, adrenalin and excitement. Your normal wise judgments are completely thrown out the window, I saw my oil temp hit 125c last time I was there, normally I would have slowed down but instead just kept going all-out.

I speak from experience, it's hard to not go all out at Mallala because of the rush, adrenalin and excitement. Your normal wise judgments are completely thrown out the window, I saw my oil temp hit 125c last time I was there, normally I would have slowed down but instead just kept going all-out.

i lol'd ill be hard pressed to keep my oil temps under 150 once i start to boogey :happy: tooke the baby up ansties before just to make sure everything was alright.. it hasnt been "driven" in a few months and she pulled up beautifully.. so far how many sau crew will be there?? will be good to meet a few more of the track goers

so bassically we get to come thrash our cars, drift em, etc.. (within our driving abilities, of course)..

what if you dont want to drive too hard? just drive abit hard say up to 150klm?

i wouldnt piss of all you guys right? i dont want to push my limits too far.

and not worry about looking in the mirrors for cops?

gee that sounds heaven, haha..

id love to, but my sister might get the big question layd on her.

how often do these track days happen? any days with only skylines?

The one this weekend is NO drifting. Only grip, but if you go so fast and accidently slide turn one it should be ok, just dont try and drift or u will get kicked off. Usually happen once a month.

Where we meeting saturday morning ppl? Caltex at what time?

ok, thanks.

then if there is onenext month i am looking forward to it.

i am currently changing a few things on my car.

like the air intake/pod enclosure (custom, to suck air from outside) also wanna get it on the dyno..

see if it still has 182rwkw.

oh, and with this one is there a time the gates close? or i can rock up at say 3pm and drive on the track for a couple hours (keeping in mind the hour brakes) then leave? i might do that.

Edited by wannabeer33

so bassically we get to come thrash our cars, drift em, etc.. (within our driving abilities, of course).. yes, no drifting

what if you dont want to drive too hard? just drive abit hard say up to 150klm? you *might* hit 150k's on the back straight, but as long as you leave room for any faster cars behdin you to overtake, it shouldnt be a problem

i wouldnt piss of all you guys right? i dont want to push my limits too far.

and not worry about looking in the mirrors for cops?

gee that sounds heaven, haha..

id love to, but my sister might get the big question layd on her. huh?

how often do these track days happen? any days with only skylines? once a month, never skylines only.

no, you have to rock up in the morning to sign in/pay for track time. can come watch for free any time afaik? yep! anytime.

im hoping to hear/see someone with straight pipes and screamer fly past me on the back or front straight at somepoint, if u have this...try and pass a white r31 with white rims :D , ill have a smile even the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland would be jealous of

The one this weekend is NO drifting. Only grip, but if you go so fast and accidently slide turn one it should be ok, just dont try and drift or u will get kicked off. Usually happen once a month.

Where we meeting saturday morning ppl? Caltex at what time?

what time do we have to be there to sign in?? pay and such? id lick to be at carltex like 2 hours before that i dont mind an early one plus want pleanty of time to calm the nerves..

ive got a friend coming in her crx v teck hopefully get to have a go hahaha.. could mean trading my gtr off for a few laps :D

so far its seems like its me chad luke marni skwiz (i dont have straight pipes bit i can make a bit of noise for ya ) possibly wannabeer and a few others .. could be big... neone gonna be on the track with chadd? cams liscence holders?