SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

Wow I've been away for a while. 7am at the caltex sounds good, I won't be on the track, my brake cylinder stopper and braided brake lines did not arrive in time. I will have a camera the size of a bazooka though.

See you all at 7. If I wake up and it's pouring htough I might give it a miss.

Cheerios.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't let not having braided lines and a brake cylinder stopper stop you from coming out, I don't run either of those things lol!

See who ever is coming at Caltex at 7 :)

I will probably be there even if not on the track, I didn't mention that I need new brake pads as well... few things to do.

Catch you fellas tomozza

7am, see yas there. just got my split dump pipe and high flow cat installed. lots more missfire but nothing i can do about it for now apart from winding the boost down a bit.

wow what a great day out!!!

best $125 ive spent in a long while... took a couple sessions to get used to the track but was fine afterwards :blush:

feel sorry for the guy with the clubsport... speaking of which, anyone got decent photos from the track day?

track day was great, got to learn about how hard i can push my car without spinning it. didnt spin once so im pretty happy, wish my brakes and rear tyres were a little better, i had pretty bad brake fade in the last 2 runs, locking up into back straight hairpin isnt much fun, but still, got up to 170kph on the back straight so i was happy with that, also got to meet a few of you guys from here which was good

track day was great, got to learn about how hard i can push my car without spinning it. didnt spin once so im pretty happy

If you didn't spin you didn't push the car hard enough :P, to find the limits of your car you have to take it over them, you find this out by spinning :blush:

Did it end up raining at all for you guys?

What a day. Big thanks to all the guys i borrowed tools from.

Got to the track and relised my rear was toooooo low and scrubbing out the rear tyre. Ended up using a rubber mallet and bashing the lip up, Fixed that problem.

Next problem, Span out on the track and didnt relise i poped the tyre off the wheel. Span some more times, couple of scratches on the wheel etc. Ended up finding a local garage in Mallala where we all jumped on the wheel while putting air in it and poped the tyre back on, Fixed that problem.

Now have a coolent leak :blush:

Ouchies! Good to hear you all had a great day, will DEFINITELY be ready for the next one and can't wait!

Luke, sounds like a bout of bad luck! Where's the coolant leak from? I hope not the waterpump?

Ouchies! Good to hear you all had a great day, will DEFINITELY be ready for the next one and can't wait!

Luke, sounds like a bout of bad luck! Where's the coolant leak from? I hope not the waterpump?

I havent really looked at it yet, But the water pump looks fine. I'll need to get it on the hoist asap and find out.

Only started leaking after the 2nd session. Abit weird.

This is what happend to the Clubsport :(

Jeez feel bad for him, hope he had some form of insurance on-track...

I guess what makes it worse is he was infact doing the right thing by taking it off the street.... Hope the driver is ok.

Edited by 93GTST

Was a great trackday. My first trip out and I learnt alot. Spun out the 33 gtr on the wide corner infrotn of the main grandstands, got understear when dropping into second enterting the corner, too much acceleration and a cracked front carbon fiber lip via a dip in the concrete - ah well. Cheers again for the duct tape btw. :(

I was off the end of the stock speedo on the back straight.

Don't feel too sorry for the clubsport, he was driving like a tool with his mate blue-yoshi, unfortunate ending but it was his own fault.

Yeah the blue commodore was driving very loose, he spun a couple times already before the crash so he really should have eased up a little especially when coming onto the straight towards a cement wall etc. Was great weather out there thankfully! Was good to meet a couple more guys from the forums especially "omsin" who I had fun chasing! I think my best time for the day was 1:23 on the new kuhmo KU36 (actually held up quite well).

Ryan

No insurance on the track so theres 65K down the drain.

Was using the Kumho KU36's also and for the money they seem like a good street/track tyre. Closer to the end of the day i was braking later, getting the right gear's and having a ball. Should be out at the next one.

Hey guys great day anybody have any footage

unfortunately blew my turbo spat a bearing (ouch)

thanks to all the guys that drove really well on the day and no thanks to the blue cars we all know about

thanks to "banned" we had fun chasing each other around the track.

hopefully fix turbo soon so i can get back out there for august 1st