SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an awesome day. Thanks to the cool weather i was able to run 18psi all day and it didn't miss a beat :) Would of been good if there was a few skylines in my group, the non cams group had a crazy amount of cars in it, would have been hard to get a fast full lap. Think i might get a rear muffler put on before i go out again, although i did love the sound of the 26 with just a 3inch pipe :(

yeah the r8 copped it bad,

th_DSC00185.jpg th_DSC00183.jpg th_DSC00180.jpg

not overly sorry, he was being a knob on the track as well as the blue xr5 focus... pushing in through the inside on corners, i copped a bit of grass on the first hairpin thanks to him otherwise could have made contact.

at the end of the day was running mid - low 1.30's which im quite happy with having only approx 180-190kw and auto. definitely looking forward to the next one :(

Edited by SkyHi_33

my bro was timing my laps... so not very accurate but gives me an idea. otherwise no, only during proper track events.

Edited by SkyHi_33

hey dale what oil temps are safe.. i fear i may have boiled mine while out there... last session of the day i went out i went hammer and tongs and exceeded 135-140 deg it lost a shit load of power so i took it real easy. checked oil it seems ok but definatly going to change it

hey dale what oil temps are safe.. i fear i may have boiled mine while out there... last session of the day i went out i went hammer and tongs and exceeded 135-140 deg it lost a shit load of power so i took it real easy. checked oil it seems ok but defiantly going to change it

lol, yeah that's a bit hot ideally you don't want to go much hotter than 120 max and you really want it to be sitting around the 100 mark. I would be replacing it asap if i was you. But if it is any concellation that's the same temps that Andrew is getting with his, and it's something he'll be sorting out when he gets back. i have some ideas on how to fix it and the THRUST turbos wouldn;t be helping things being oil cooled but we'll wait and see what we can figure out with his. That's a good thing with the modern reg' the sessions are only 5 or 6 hot laps long so you can push as hard as you can and just as your temp are getting too hight the sessions finished.

Edited by D_Stirls

Hey guys great day anybody have any footage

unfortunately blew my turbo spat a bearing (ouch)

thanks to all the guys that drove really well on the day and no thanks to the blue cars we all know about

thanks to "banned" we had fun chasing each other around the track.

hopefully fix turbo soon so i can get back out there for august 1st

You were the only one pushing into the braking zone into turn 1, Seems those brakes did work well.

Pity there were so many moving chicanes out there, you and Ryan would have put down some decent times, although track did seem slow!!

Was funny as seeing my mate in his Saloon Car(AU Falcon) no respect for turn 1 at all...... :P

Yeah the blue commodore was driving very loose, he spun a couple times already before the crash so he really should have eased up a little especially when coming onto the straight towards a cement wall etc. Was great weather out there thankfully! Was good to meet a couple more guys from the forums especially "omsin" who I had fun chasing! I think my best time for the day was 1:23 on the new kuhmo KU36 (actually held up quite well).

Ryan

Your GTR is "BANNED" yeah? One of the quicker cars in the sessions!

I got a few pics and vids, but no laptop. Ill get them up as soon as i can.

not overly sorry, he was being a knob on the track as well as the blue xr5 focus... pushing in through the inside on corners, i copped a bit of grass on the first hairpin thanks to him otherwise could have made contact.

rubbings racing :P

fools acting like puts others off attending. not everyone has $2 panels on their cars