SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day - May 16th

medman2damax

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So his 80k HSV panels are $2, so your 20k Skyline panels must be 50c??

AH you do relize there made in elizabeth right? frieght cost money from japan. and i was under the impression v6 commo panels fit. hence why its cheaper to insurure a v8 commo than a suzuki capicino as i read in a mag once.

also someone i know was telling me when he bought his v8 commo, he got it because the insurance was cheaper than what he would be paying on a mitsu fto.

and anyways the amount of $ aint important, maybe he fine with writing off his car but the people around him maybe wanna take a lil more care with their pride and joy that they are struggling to afford.

i was under the impression hassling people on the corners was not allowed and considered rude but eh i wasnt there so i shall say no more.

Edited by Inline 6

AH you do relize there made in elizabeth right? frieght cost money from japan. and i was under the impression v6 commo panels fit. hence why its cheaper to insurure a v8 commo than a suzuki capicino as i read in a mag once.

also someone i know was telling me when he bought his v8 commo he got it because the insurance was cheaper than what he would be paying on a mitsu fto.

and anyways the amount of $ aint important maybe he fine with writing off his car but the people around him maybe wanna take a lil more care with their pride and joy that they are struggling to afford.

i was under the impression hassling people on the corners was not allowed and considered rude but eh i wasnt there so i shall say no more.

So the AUSTRALIAN steel that the car is made from, regardless of where its "made" is automatically dismissed by you??

And he's done the right thing by going to the track to learn the car and no doubt how to drive a bit! Something tells me he knew it would be a bit more serious than driving bumper cars around!!

I could just see it, F#$k up on the street and get flamed(and quite rightly) and F@#k up on the track(where you should be) and funily enough........get flamed again, seems to be a loose loose situation on here these days!!

Its not a drift prac night where if you have a problem you see who can smoke the most bongs to resolve the issue, Go to the sign in box and mention to them that there is "someone" on the track they should keep their eyes on, not hard.

But as you said money isnt important, and everyone is entitled to the same amount of track as the next guy even if he does have a 300k Porsche.

Im suggesting its cheaper to get something from elizabeth than japan. often jap cars panels cost more because of the extra work invovled in obtaining the part. what you care what i think of his car.

also no relevance but i thought mention it anyway. i think they all use the same steel, aus's biggest export you know :P i know toyota buy big from bhp and there were a couple of other car companys i used to look after doing bhp's accounts receivable.

jesus dude think you need to chill

and its a prac day not a race! as long as you give others space on the bends so your not trading paint its all good.

Edited by Inline 6

pretty sure the point being made is it costs a lot more to import panels from japan as they aren't sold here, locally where they can be made the next day and not take 3 weeks to arrive. no ones talking about quality of steel lol.

and no, he wasn't being flamed for f**king up... everyone does it. the point being made was that he was forcing the inside line through corners and overtaking through them, if you want i can scan the agreement form for you that specifically states that its strictly forbidden during practice days.

edit: ahh, beat me to it. :P

Edited by SkyHi_33

pretty sure the point being made is it costs a lot more to import panels from japan as they aren't sold here, locally where they can be made the next day and not take 3 weeks to arrive. no ones talking about quality of steel lol.

and no, he wasn't being flamed for f**king up... everyone does it. the point being made was that he was forcing the inside line through corners and overtaking through them, if you want i can scan the agreement form for you that specifically states that its strictly forbidden during practice days.

edit: ahh, beat me to it. :P

The real question is was he quicked than you, if he was and you were getting blue waved flags then you are supposed to let him through. You can't keep blocking him and then complain that he eventually pushed his way through, as you are as much at fault as he is.

I had the same incident during a modern reg' event where we are also not allowed to pass into corners. The bloke in front of me was holding me up and was getting constant blue flags but he wouldn't let me through so i was only left with passing him into a corner. i spoke with the clark of the course afterwards and he said what i did was fine because the other driver was ignoring the instructions of the flaggies.

Really though if the sessions are set up correctly then you shouldn't catch more than one or 2 cars in the first session (will depend on whether drivers know how quick they are expecting to go) and then in following session the cars should be staggered from quickest to slowest.

if you want i can scan the agreement form for you that specifically states that its strictly forbidden during practice days.

No thanks, prob been out there more times than you've had hot dinners, So i'll pass thanks anyway.

The real question is was he quicked than you, if he was and you were getting blue waved flags then you are supposed to let him through. You can't keep blocking him and then complain that he eventually pushed his way through, as you are as much at fault as he is.

I had the same incident during a modern reg' event where we are also not allowed to pass into corners. The bloke in front of me was holding me up and was getting constant blue flags but he wouldn't let me through so i was only left with passing him into a corner. i spoke with the clark of the course afterwards and he said what i did was fine because the other driver was ignoring the instructions of the flaggies.

Really though if the sessions are set up correctly then you shouldn't catch more than one or 2 cars in the first session (will depend on whether drivers know how quick they are expecting to go) and then in following session the cars should be staggered from quickest to slowest.

No blue flags on Open Prac Days mate, there isnt a flaggie at every point, that only happens at Modern Reg because the Superkarters need them for their races, and like you said they let the cars out in their lap times.

Also you can catch alot of cars on open prac days because they arent setup by lap times, so its each for themselves.

No blue flags on Open Prac Days mate, there isnt a flaggie at every point, that only happens at Modern Reg because the Superkarters need them for their races, and like you said they let the cars out in their lap times.

Also you can catch alot of cars on open prac days because they arent setup by lap times, so its each for themselves.

still if there is a car that catches you and then is up your ass constantly then you should let them through cos' obviously they are quicker. i bet that most new guys out there aren't even checking their mirrors though.

Im not entirely new to racing... he was quicker through straights, on the two occasions I've come across him I gave him plenty of room to overtake but both times he was just a fraction too far behind and continued on while i was early on the brakes because i knew that he was gonna try and take the inside line.

Doesn't bother me that much, as long as he didn't cut right in front of me its ok I guess, just saying waiting a bit before the next straight would have been safer as he would have had plenty of power to go out in front for the next corner.

As mentioned before, there are no blue flags and such at practice days...

From my observation when I was at Mallala last month, all the skyline, evo and wrx (sti wagon anyway) owners were behaving themselves, I distinctively remember a blue XR5, 2 sleepers (one a datsun, the other a gemini) and a VE commodore (think it was a SS?) driving like f**ktards forcing inside lines and overtaking dangerously in corners (basically doing everything the piece of paper you signed listed not to do) even though I was moving out of the way and letting them past down the straights in each session.

Was funny as seeing my mate in his Saloon Car(AU Falcon) no respect for turn 1 at all...... :P

Was that the silver and green one with FOX on the windows? if so i wasn't very impressed with the way he was driving on Saturday. Overtaking me on the inside under brakes while i was overtaking cars that were waving me through. 3 cars wide into the corner after pit straight aint cool :huh:

Yeah mate thats the one. Definetly keen to see what pics/vids you have.

Ryan

hey mate let me know if you get any more footage of us chasing each other around hey!

cheers Mat (omsin)

Was that the silver and green one with FOX on the windows? if so i wasn't very impressed with the way he was driving on Saturday. Overtaking me on the inside under brakes while i was overtaking cars that were waving me through. 3 cars wide into the corner after pit straight aint cool :huh:

That would have been his first session of the day, yeh he got a speaking to by Clem for that session, but that was for overtaking exiting turn 2, nothing was said about any other session, as they said they'd have their eye on him!!

Seems as tho these days are taking off, quite a number now turning up, I think they are gonna need to start thinking about dividing up the 2 catagories into lap times, quite a number of moving chicanes!!

Seems as tho these days are taking off, quite a number now turning up, I think they are gonna need to start thinking about dividing up the 2 catagories into lap times, quite a number of moving chicanes!!

I've been looking at the footage think how much it would have pissed me off being in the middle of that group trying to put together some good times. I think it'll stick to my Modern Reg's and sprints

I've been looking at the footage think how much it would have pissed me off being in the middle of that group trying to put together some good times. I think it'll stick to my Modern Reg's and sprints

withought i doubt i had real trouble trying to put a good line together.. lucky the car took all the shit i threw at it

That would have been his first session of the day, yeh he got a speaking to by Clem for that session, but that was for overtaking exiting turn 2, nothing was said about any other session, as they said they'd have their eye on him!!

Yeah i was very surprised at the turn out, well over 30 cars were signed up for the day licence class. Way to many cars on the track IMO. Cams licence class wasn't to bad, most of the slower cars did there best to get out of the way, and i also try'd to get out of the way of the faster ones. That little Datto out there sure was a little rocket and that AU was just to good under brakes and cornering speed for me to keep up with.

Considering Modern Reg costs the same and you get timed and dont really have to worrie about catching other cars. Its def the best option. I might have to get out to another one soon while the weather is cool. The brakes dont really like being pushed lap after lap in the warmer weather.

Yeah i was very surprised at the turn out, well over 30 cars were signed up for the day licence class. Way to many cars on the track IMO. Cams licence class wasn't to bad, most of the slower cars did there best to get out of the way, and i also try'd to get out of the way of the faster ones. That little Datto out there sure was a little rocket and that AU was just to good under brakes and cornering speed for me to keep up with.

Yeh 30 on the track is like a reasonable to big field in a race at a meeting, all good for Day licence people, another mate who races IPRA(Celica) took his mini he has out, and because he has a CAMS licence he was put in the CAMS section, he questioned them about putting a mini that would do hight 1min30's in with such cars as GT3 Porsches, They insisted he go out there and get in the way of the CAMS guys who are actually out there to get track data for coming meetings, makes it very hard to test parts out if you cant get anywhere near race pace because of other people!! But hey its the way life is i guess!!

Yeh that Datto 1600 races with us in IPRA, he would have been putting down times around the 1min18-19 id say, normally gets around in the 17s and even the 16s but track was a bit slow on saturday!!