SAU Community

Accessport

LSX-438

Hi guys

Has anyone applied an AccessPORT flash tune to an Australian delivered R35 yet?

Are there any aussie sellers of this product with the device in stock? (please PM me with details if so).

I wonder if there are any ECU and/or calibration differences or issues with the AccessPORT and the aussie delivered cars, anyone know?

ie. can any of us expect to buy an accessport from o/s and it will just work?

Cheers

Edited by LSX-438

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll be testing it out with an Oz Spec car shortly. The Jap ROM may work with the Aussie cars but we still aren't 100% sure. If not we'll take a copy of the ROM and send it to Cobb and get it sorted for the Aussie cars ASAP.

Just give us a couple of weeks to get some answers (we are testing an Aussie spec car on April 24th).

I can get you a Cobb though if you are interetsed (and even for interstate guys we may be able to offer them with an Aussie base tune rather than the Jap 96RON one - will keep you posted).

We'll be testing it out with an Oz Spec car shortly. The Jap ROM may work with the Aussie cars but we still aren't 100% sure. If not we'll take a copy of the ROM and send it to Cobb and get it sorted for the Aussie cars ASAP.

Just give us a couple of weeks to get some answers (we are testing an Aussie spec car on April 24th).

I can get you a Cobb though if you are interetsed (and even for interstate guys we may be able to offer them with an Aussie base tune rather than the Jap 96RON one - will keep you posted).

Awesome. Please keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news i wonder?

Reading NAGTROC, it seems most people running the COBB AP, well the boost cut problem still seems prevalent?

people complaining they regularly get boost cut on the track, i thought they sorted that out months ago?

Anyone run a COBB on an ADM car, did it work seamlessly?

• 4 weeks later...
I am getting mine back from CRD in the next few days. i'll give a full report.

Good stuff.

Are you getting a full custom tune, or an off-the-shelf cobb mail order thing?

Any news i wonder?

Reading NAGTROC, it seems most people running the COBB AP, well the boost cut problem still seems prevalent?

people complaining they regularly get boost cut on the track, i thought they sorted that out months ago?

Anyone run a COBB on an ADM car, did it work seamlessly?

The problem is not a problem with stock tuned cars, but rather the heavily modified examples. There are several issues causing the GTR to go into reduced power mode, but most of it can be tuned out with careful mapping, it just takes a different approach from the tuner - less 'gung-ho' would be the term to use :P

The problem is not a problem with stock tuned cars, but rather the heavily modified examples. There are several issues causing the GTR to go into reduced power mode, but most of it can be tuned out with careful mapping, it just takes a different approach from the tuner - less 'gung-ho' would be the term to use :)

Martin, do you know if any (relatively standard) ADM R35's have tried the AccessPORT? We've booked a private day @ WSID for June 21, and i wouldnt mind trying this, even just a mailorder tune.

Cobb still haven't set the Accessport up to read the ADM ECU yet. As it stands they can only read / flash JDM and US GT'R's. They have been sent a copy of the ADM ROM but we are still waiting.

My guess is the Euro market is more important to them right now so they are concentrating on that 1st. We may still be a while waiting.....

Cobb still haven't set the Accessport up to read the ADM ECU yet. As it stands they can only read / flash JDM and US GT'R's. They have been sent a copy of the ADM ROM but we are still waiting.

My guess is the Euro market is more important to them right now so they are concentrating on that 1st. We may still be a while waiting.....

ahh crap. any other options as of now?

thanks for the info.

Hi guys,

I'm Ben from UK. We are currently tesing out the European accessPORT on our 35. Have been doing lots datalogging and dyno tests to help the ecu gurus / calip at cobb to perfect the uk maps

Sadly we have just run into an issue, while testing our 35 at a car testing ground called Millbrook, while on the amazing oval top speed circuit we found our car suddenly had a speed limiter. UK cars shouldn't have them at all. Appears when car senses parameters altered triggers a safety measure of a speed limiter in the tcm. Would appear Nissan wants to play ball with the tuning market and hit back, they know anyone these days can crack the ecu to remove the jdm speed limiter. We are pretty sure they have put it into the TCM, as its defo not showing up in the ecu map. Heard from Japan yesterday that Nissan dealers are doing updates on low vin no. cars which include a speed limiter into the tcm

But no fear Cobb are already designing a tool in the ap to save the tcm rom and in time that speed limiter will be gone. So don't know why Nissan bothered :bunny:

anyway a few vids of us playing with the euro accessPORT and on the dyno http://www.youtube.com/user/teamgtc

If any of you aussie tuners wanna keep in touch with a Pome to bounch ideas etc.. im on [email protected]

If anyone is interested / new to the accessport here is a doc which is full of interesting info collected by ourselves or other sources

http://www.gtc-r.com/PDF/GTC_New_GT-R_parts_range_2009.pdf

I'm not trying to sell anyone an accessport as its outside our contacted region, just posting up hopfully helpful info etc.

Is anyone testing the Haltech yet ? as im also v interested in road testing this

cheers

ben

This is a joke right? :D

Farking hope so.....

The mines kit requires the MCU(mission control unit) gets remapped at the same time as the ECU.

Will have some results on the mines kit on an ADM 35 hopefully on friday the 12th.