GTS4 RB20DET 2ltr,6 cyl,dohc,turbo 160kw@6400rpm 263Nm@3200rpm 1998 4WD M/A

R34

GTS RB20DE 2ltr, 6 cyl, dohc 116kw@6400rpm 184Nm@5200rpm 1998 RWD M/A

GTS RB25DE 2.5ltr, 6 cyl, dohc 142kw@6400rpm 231Nm@4800rpm 2498 RWD M/A

GTT RB25DET 2ltr,6 cyl,dohc,turbo 206kw@6400rpm 363Nm@3200rpm 1998 RWD M/A

thats the best i could find :banana:

Nice buddy!

R32 Wins hands down.

+ if you got the GTS4 you could give it a bit of a launch and gain the head start.

Nice buddy!

R32 Wins hands down.

+ if you got the GTS4 you could give it a bit of a launch and gain the head start.

it really depends....

the Turbo would be alot more fun to drive...

the non-turbo will get boring after a while.

but then again, R34 is alot more modern and newer.

it really depends....

the Turbo would be alot more fun to drive...

the non-turbo will get boring after a while.

but then again, R34 is alot more modern and newer.

Yeah more modern and newer for sure, as the engine in the R34 would be revised and refined.

Performance wise... In this case the R32 FTW!

BTW we are talking GTS-T / GTS4 vs GT... Not GTR.

LOL!

Yeah more modern and newer for sure, as the engine in the R34 would be revised and refined.

LOL!

engine in the r32 is out of a fairlady,(red top rb20det) rwd mine is rb25de neo (rwd),would a better ratio in my diff increase my chance of winning? both our cars have same sort of mods,what can i do to guarentee a win without turbo? my car is tiptronic so i dont have to worry about shift times,

was going to get a shift kit cold air intake and cams,im also picking up a 4" mandrel bent exhuast :banana: to big i know but its right price right time sorta thing.

what else can i do that will be relativly cheap and not to noticable (visualy)

LOL!

yes i know were talking about GT R34 Vs GTS-T R32.

my point is, you must admit...thats a big hike in age difference there.

performance wise, yes the Turbo would have alot more potential and pleasure to drive.

engine in the r32 is out of a fairlady,(red top rb20det) rwd mine is rb25de neo (rwd),would a better ratio in my diff increase my chance of winning? both our cars have same sort of mods,what can i do to guarentee a win without turbo? my car is tiptronic so i dont have to worry about shift times,

was going to get a shift kit cold air intake and cams,im also picking up a 4" mandrel bent exhuast :P to big i know but its right price right time sorta thing.

what else can i do that will be relativly cheap and not to noticable (visualy)

Fairlady? ... I have only hear of an old school (Datsun) Z car as Fairlady's... Can you explain more?

Diff ratio... Might give you a bit better pick up of the starting line... An upgrade to a light weighted Flywheel will help with acceleration as well.

Tuning up your cams and the high flow air intake will help a lot as that's the heart of where your power is coming from.

ECU upgrade will help with your Air/Fuel mixture.

4" exhaust?!

2.25" will do you fine, BUT you can have what ever size exhaust as long as you tune your car properly with that exhaust on it.

i could run faster than that thing

LMFAO!

yes i know were talking about GT R34 Vs GTS-T R32.

my point is, you must admit...thats a big hike in age difference there.

performance wise, yes the Turbo would have alot more potential and pleasure to drive.

Yes true, this is a age difference for sure.

Fairlady? ... I have only hear of an old school (Datsun) Z car as Fairlady's... Can you explain more?

Diff ratio... Might give you a bit better pick up of the starting line... An upgrade to a light weighted Flywheel will help with acceleration as well.

Tuning up your cams and the high flow air intake will help a lot as that's the heart of where your power is coming from.

ECU upgrade will help with your Air/Fuel mixture.

4" exhaust?!

2.25" will do you fine, BUT you can have what ever size exhaust as long as you tune your car properly with that exhaust on it.

LMFAO!

Yes true, this is a age difference for sure.

ok thanks mate ill get on it,iv got full uras kit ill lower the car more for the race and remove any extra weight i can...how much $$$ should i expect to spend to outrun a turbo?,i know i have him at top end speed but i need the take of aswell,my car as it is beats supras on high and low end,and turbo subaru's can not pull away from me so im happy with that.

Reeks of sweaty palms in here,

You're probably going to go backwards with a 4" exhaust, you're car needs the correct back pressure to operate at it's best. I doubt a 4' system will provide that on a 2.5 n/a, you could choke it down with some mufflers, but that defeats the point. A tuned set of headers and matching system would be my choice.

I doubt you'll get near a turbo's performance with any form of bolt on mods (nos excluded) Headwork, bigger valves, port and polish, cams, bigger injectors, engine management, bore, stroke or a 3ltr bottom end and a balance would be a good stating point if your genuine. Expensive exercise, then your turbo mate only has to bolt on a bigger snail and it's bye-bye again.

Seriously, love your car for what it is...the rest is a waste of $$$$$ for a small ego stroke.

GTT RB25DET 2ltr,6 cyl,dohc,turbo 206kw@6400rpm 363Nm@3200rpm 1998 RWD M/A

Is that meant to be DETT ? I thought the GTR was the only one with 206 Kw?

no, the NEO RB25DET for R34 was also 206kw but lower Torque power than GT-R & if you put them both in either Straight line or track...the GTR would smash it

Think about it. The RB26 was 208KW 10 years before that engine, the rb25 was 180ish. In 10 years the rb25 goes up by 20KW, so i'd imagine that the r34 RB25 puts out more than the 208KW that they advertise.

well thats probably highly unlikely

because 206kw is what they call "Gentlemen's agreement", restricting it to 206kw... same as the EVO and STIs at the same time. (and mind you they are only 4 cylinders creating that much power)

The supra TT was tested on the Dyno in stock form... from memory it was advertised as 206kw but on paper showed up at around 238KW - 240kw. so i dont think the R34 GT-T would put out more power than the supra.

well thats probably highly unlikely

because 206kw is what they call "Gentlemen's agreement", restricting it to 206kw... same as the EVO and STIs at the same time. (and mind you they are only 4 cylinders creating that much power)

EVO's and STI's run rather high boost though.

Oh, that's true. but what i'm saying is, if they got a 10-15% performance increase on the RB25, they'd probably have something similar with the RB26 (they had bigger turbo's in r34 gtr's didn't they?)

Oh, that's true. but what i'm saying is, if they got a 10-15% performance increase on the RB25, they'd probably have something similar with the RB26 (they had bigger turbo's in r34 gtr's didn't they?)

well the torque is different.... and Torque makes a big difference in a cars speed & acceleration.

Not really... The RB25DET actually uses the LARGEST Japanese OEM turbos you could buy.

It is a T3 style turbocharger...If you measure it, it is actually somewhat...bigger/larger than that of T28 Turbochargers in the RB26DETT.

yes the GT-T can be tuned to exceed stock GT-Rs power. the biggest advantage of the GT-T over the GT-R is being 150kg lighter.

But in the overal perfomance package on track, the GT-R is hard to match.