SAU Community

Quick Question

ok thanks mate ill get on it,iv got full uras kit ill lower the car more for the race and remove any extra weight i can...how much $$$ should i expect to spend to outrun a turbo?,i know i have him at top end speed but i need the take of aswell,my car as it is beats supras on high and low end,and turbo subaru's can not pull away from me so im happy with that.

Read what madbung said...

Reeks of sweaty palms in here,

You're probably going to go backwards with a 4" exhaust, you're car needs the correct back pressure to operate at it's best. I doubt a 4' system will provide that on a 2.5 n/a, you could choke it down with some mufflers, but that defeats the point. A tuned set of headers and matching system would be my choice.

I doubt you'll get near a turbo's performance with any form of bolt on mods (nos excluded) Headwork, bigger valves, port and polish, cams, bigger injectors, engine management, bore, stroke or a 3ltr bottom end and a balance would be a good stating point if your genuine. Expensive exercise, then your turbo mate only has to bolt on a bigger snail and it's bye-bye again.

Seriously, love your car for what it is...the rest is a waste of $$$$$ for a small ego stroke.

Or installing a boost controller to up the boost will have him in front already.

So as what madbung has explained,

(IMO) at the end of the day it's a totally different car all together.

It will cost you a lot to win over the R32 Turbo.

As for now, I probably just do the usual bolt on mods like upgrade your air panel filter to a high flow panel filter.

Please DO NOT go for the 4" exhaust! 2.25" full exhaust with a high flow cat will do you fine and get it professionally installed by your mechanic.

Lowering the car will always help with handling and yes, light weighting the will help.

Other than that, just save your money and in future, sell the car you have now and get a R34 GTT / R34 GTR... Or whatever you want with a turbo in it.